- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2013
I gotta say this final countdown to the wedding is the worst for last minute “surprises”. Still hopeful things could all work out… but SOO MUCH CAN HAPPEN in a year..heck in a few months! Maybe should’ve eloped. Too late now. What will be will be…
What are your last min “surprises”? Did it work out in the end???
Here are mine:
1) First 6 months out an engaged friend decides to get the same dress as mine (which she knew about) her wedding the same year.
2) Other good friend loses his job and can no longer come to the wedding
3) Then, out of nowhere my mom decides to tell me she doesn’t like FI’s family and doesn’t want any relationship with them (btw they are super nice people, so she’s just being snobby and crazy). So thanks, that’s great to hear 3 months out
4) A new Venue coordinator is hired every 3 months during our 13 month engagement, including a new GM as well 6 weeks out.. Highly skeptical of venue at this point, which was a dream when I booked.
5) The MOH does not have it together and keeps making excuses, I finally confront and am like what is going on, she confesses she’s majorly mismanaged her money and is basically broke – 6 weeks till destination wedding.
6) Another close friend just straight up says nevermind not coming, no explanation (this one’s a notorious flake..but was one of the first to RSVP so I was excited all this time)
7) Then wedding band decides to tell me 5 weeks out that they are union and operating by union rules (not in the contract or any previous discussion) and thus all of these timeline changes need to happen to accomodate them
8) The aforementioned friend says she can’t come to wedding bc of an emergency she has to have brain surgery! (and now I feel horrible for being miffed about the dress)
9) And now, I just found out that the racetrack next to my venue recently leased out to a 3 day christian music concert & camping festival during my wedding weekend. 7 stages, 15 hrs a day. My entire wedding is outdoors…right next door. I would ask the venue coordinators how sound carries from that property, but NO ONE HAS WORKED THERE LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW.. So maybe I’ll be walking down the isle to some rockin Kumbya. Sigh. Whatever.