Post # 1
Goooood morning bees!
I was wondering if any of you lovelies hire lawn care services. If you do, help me out!
- What size is your lawn?
- What services do you pay for (mowing, watering, edging, trimming plants, etc)?
- How often do you have them come?
- What state do you live in?
- How much do you pay? If you’re not comfortable answering that, do you find it to be a good value?
Post # 3
We have a lawn service through Scotts but it is very minimal. They fertilize and treat weeds (but don’t pull them). I think they come once every 3-4 weeks and charge $25-$30 each time. We live in Georgia and I don’t know our exact yard size but it isn’t huge (we can use a reel mower to cut it just fine).
Post # 4
We have a gardner who comes once a week to take care of all our plants, including the front and back lawns.
- What size is your lawn? Not sure but it’s not very big. We live in Los Angeles were properties tend to be on the smaller side.
- What services do you pay for (mowing, watering, edging, trimming plants, etc)? He does everything necessary to take care of the lawn and the plants, including pulling out weeds and dead plants, planting new plants, watering, cutting, fertilizing, trimming, etc.
- How often do you have them come? once a week
- What state do you live in? Southern CA
- How much do you pay? If you’re not comfortable answering that, do you find it to be a good value? $80 per month
I hate to say this but having a gardner is a very cheap “luxury” here in southern california. There is a huge supply of people offering these services for very cheap, many of them being undocumented immigrants who are limited in what kind of work they can find.
Post # 5
1. about 1/3 of an acre
2. mowing, edging. we did have them fertilize, mulch, trim trees for a one time charge
3. weekly. although last week they didn’t mow, just left a note stating the lawn was too short/too dry to do anything (it was)
5. about $40/week.yes, completely worth it.
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
My parents live in the Baltimore metro and they pay $175ish/month for mowing and edging of their 1/4 acre lot. It’s worth it to them to not have to do it themselves. The company will come out as frequently as necessary to keep the lawn neat. Sometimes that means they are out every 5 days, and other times it’s every 2 weeks, depending on the weather.