Less than 100 days and still don't feel excited (yet)..

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
  • poll: When did you start to feel excited about your wedding?
    Right away from when we started planning!! : (13 votes)
    17 %
    After buying the dress : (13 votes)
    17 %
    After booking the venue : (15 votes)
    20 %
    After my shower/engagement party/batchelorette : (3 votes)
    4 %
    Didn't hit me until very close to the wedding : (8 votes)
    11 %
    I'm too stressed to feel any excitement :/ : (10 votes)
    13 %
    I'm married and it never really felt real : (2 votes)
    3 %
    I'm not married yet and it still hasn't sunk in : (12 votes)
    16 %
    Obligatory other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    3280 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I feel the same way! I feel like I’ve been planning forever, but it’s never going to actually get here. I think it will start to feel real to me when I graduate and move home 3 weeks before the wedding!

Post # 4
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

We are having a pretty long engagement (2.5yrs) so perhaps it is different for people who were married more quickly/took the process faster. I know the feeling only sunk in around 4 months ’til our date, and I think I get more and more giddy as we approach. I think the sending of the invites/bridal shower were the “real” moments

Post # 5
    1248 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’m about 40 days out and there are certainly twinges of excitement but as it has gotten closer I have just felt more worry/stress about it all coming together and my neverending to do list. I can’t wait for the day to actually be here so I can relax and enjoy it!

Post # 6
    266 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

We’ve been engaged for 5 years so I was really excited when we first got engaged, then it wore off a bit….then we started planning and set a date the excitement came back…..now I’m too stressed to be excited but sometimes we’ll do something fun together regarding the wedding (like our cake tasting next week), then I get my excitement back for a bit….hopefully it will come back the week of 🙂

My answer? It comes and goes lol

Post # 7
    900 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

@MrsYoshida:  I figured since I was having the wedding in our hometown and we currently live in NYC it never felt “real” to me since I lived so far away and my mom was taking care of almost everything.

We flew into town a week before the wedding to do final meetings and get things sorted out and it STILL didn’t feel real.  It started to feel real and I started getting excited when we checked into the hotel the day before the wedding and I picked up my best friend from the airport.  So it hit me about 24 hours before we said our I Dos.

I thought something was wrong with me but I was just in shock haha

Post # 9
    4639 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

I’m not quite that close, but I’m not over the moon with excitment.. I’m excited to see all of our hard work come to fruition and to be husband and wife.. but it all seems so far away.

We’ve been together 6 years, engaged since July.. I have a feeling it will smack us both in the face when we get the first proof back for our invitations.

Post # 10
    1779 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@MrsYoshida:  I’m waiting on the same feeling, really. I think once we close on our house and I can get all my wedding stuff from my grandma’s and have it in my own house to set up and try out all together I will sense the reality!

Post # 11
    1590 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m so glad you posted this. Mine is at the end of March and if I hear “Are you getting excited?” one more time I’m going to pull my hair out! It’s not that I’m not happy, and I know it will be fun, but I just feel like I concentrate on what I have to do. 

I don’t know if it will ever feel real. I remember we felt like we were all just playing dress up when my sister got married. 

I know my friends from work, and my FI’s aunt/cousins are excited, but I think it’s because they will just have fun, and don’t have any major roles to worry about. Although my FI’s aunt is actually doing a lot. 

Anyway, yeah, certain things are fun, but I’m not overall excited. 

Post # 12
    2087 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@MrsYoshida:  I felt that same way up until recently. Once I hit the 99 day mark things started feeling really real and I am super excited. I have been playing around with my invitations for about 10 months now so the idea that I have to actually mail them out next week makes it super real. Not to mention the fact that we will be going to get a marriage license in about a week too. I am stressed but also VERY excited. I think it is normal not to be excited yet, though. FI never gets excited for a vacation until we are on final approach for landing at our destination. Lol.

Post # 13
    5432 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014 - Ontario, Canada ♥ EDD- April 2016

We have 109 days left and I don’t feel as excited as I thought I would. It just doesn’t feel real yet. I feel excited thinking about it, but it still feels like something that’s going to happen in the very far future.. and then I start to realise that it’s going to be 3 months until the wedding…2 months until the wedding…etc. I think that once we send our invitations and start getting RSVPs back it’ll start to feel a lot more real and exciting. Also, I’ve been super busy with school work this semester (next semester is my last and will be super light- only one class!) and I think maybe it’s been distracting me from my wedding excitement. We’ve been engaged for over two years already so it’s been a pretty steady/slow build up and I think maybe that’s one of the things that makes it feel so surreal. I do get bursts of excitement/excitement doing little projects and crossing things off our list, but not like constant giddyness. I’m hoping I get that feeling in a few weeks when things start picking up!

Post # 14
    185 posts
    Blushing bee

@MrsYoshida:  We’ve been engaged for about a year, with less than 150 days to go.  I was SO SO excited in the beginning, when planning was still in the beginning stages and easy and fun.  Lately I’ve been feeling a little burned out on the planning, which is putting a damper on my excitement.  My fiance has been less than helpful, leaving me to handle most (read: ALL) of the details, and we’re starting to get very busy recently with appointments and such.

I did pick up my dress recently, and it felt VERY real and VERY exciting then.  That day and the day of our menu tasting were the most excited I’ve felt about the whole thing – I think that as our wedding begins to take shape, and we start to get a very clear picture of what the day will be like, it will finally start to feel real and I’ll be more relaxed and excited.

Post # 15
    2562 posts
    Sugar bee

Don’t think it’s going to hit me until I walk down the asile – we’re doing a DIY heavy wedding and it’s been VERY stressful.

I will let you know next week LOL! 😛

Post # 16
    4072 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

I felt excited about 8 or 9 days before the wedding. Until then, I was honestly depressed and stressed out. It was awful. Then almost a week before I FINALLY felt excited and was actually looking forward to the day! I felt relieved.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors