Post # 1
Hi Bees! I got married on April 21st! I used weddingbee for inspiration, advice and comfort from other brides experiencing the same things I was going through. So now I’ll share a little ‘wisdom’ from my big day.
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff! I had a near panic attack when both of my faux eye lashes popped off my lids after the ceremony. There are so many little things that can go wrong on your big day…don’t let them take center stage.
2. Be sure to break in your shoes!!! I can’t tell you how mangled my poor feet were after the ceremony. I didn’t break my shoes in and I had to take them off right after our first dance. I had blood blisters so big on both my pinky toes that I couldn’t wear normal shoes for four days. Not great if you planned on wearing super cute sandles on your honeymoon!
3. Stick together! There are so many opportunities for you to be pulled in different directions. My husband and I made a big effort to stay at each other’s sides for the reception. It felt like we really experienced everything together.
4. No one cares about your wedding as much as you do. I was really heart broken to find a good friend of mine didn’t come after she RSVP’ed for herself and a guest that she was coming. It sucks, but it’s true… It might be the best, most important day of your life…but it’s not for everyone else.
5. Create a general timeline…but don’t freak out if things go off schedule. A timeline certainly helped keep us a pretty straight line…but we definitely hit snags (see faux eye lash drama above). I can’t imagine we’d all get where we needed to be without some sort of general rule.
6. Relax and enjoy yourself. It’s your day and it goes by soooo fast! Try to take it all in and just enjoy. 🙂
I wish you all the best and hope your day is as happy as mine was!
Post # 3
Thanks for the advice from the other side! I LOVE that pic of you and your hubby! You’re glowing with happiness. Congratulations!
Post # 4
Yes, good advice! Thanks for sharing!
Post # 6
This was all great advice. Thank You for sharing!
Post # 7
You two look so happy! Thanks for the advice, I’m printing it out right now.
Post # 8
thanks for the advice and congrats! You look so happy and beautiful
Post # 9
Thank you for sharing the advice! It was quite thoughtful of you to share your words of wisdom. I think that picture of you and your husband is beautiful ~ it radiates happiness!!
Post # 10
Very good advice! Thankyou! & Congratulations!! 🙂
Post # 11
OMG the same thing happened to my feet! The entire ceremony my feet were just numb! I was thinking, please don’t let me fall! LOL
Post # 12
Thank you! My mom said the exact same thing about shoes. She told me to start wearing mine like 4 months before the wedding!
Post # 13
Perfect advice! I totally got heartbroken over a friend not making it to my wedding, just like you. She was afraid I was mad, so we didn’t talk for like 6 months. Everything’s back on track now, though! 🙂
That is a fantastic picture of you and your husband! Many congrats to you! (Plans of a full recap?)
Post # 14
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Congratulations! That photo is so sweet!
Post # 15
Great advice! I’ve been wearing my shoes to work once a week for 2 months and I have blisters again today from walking around the mall in them too much on my lunch break. haha
Post # 16
Thank you so much for your advice! I was a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding on your wedding day! I feel like I learned so much from being a part of her big day, most importantly, that everything will not go perfectly even if you are the most organized person in the world. And, the imperfect things don’t matter, the day will still be wonderful.