- 3 years ago
Sometimes we have problems and no one can help us. Sometimes we just don’t want to hear advice from anyone about these problems, but just need to get them off of our chest.
I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve wanted to vent, but held back posting because I knew it would be long winded and that there is nothing another bee could say in response, especially since there was rarely a question or any possible solution that someone could offer. Thus, the post would be a waste of space. I’m sure other bees have felt the same.
My solution? A thread dedicated to venting. So go ahead and just air out your current frustrations since doing so is therapeutic without worrying about taking up a thread and knowing either no one will respond or knowing the only response will be “So sorry to hear that.”
Nothing specifically “bad” has happened today, but I just feel so stressed and frustrated.
1. My SO and I only get to see eachother about once a week (twice if we’re lucky) because of his demanding job, long hours, and the approximate 45 minutes/hour distance from one another. Not long distance, but when he gets home at midnight and I work at 9am in a different city, it is tricky to see eachother as it is. Well, today is his day off and on Friday he told me about a situation with his friend — who he hasn’t hung out with for a while because he is always with me — going through a hard time and asking to hang out. He apologized profusely, offered to make it up with something really special, and thanked me a million times for always being so understanding and okay with him spending time with his friend instead. I know he appreciates my understanding — which is genuine — but I’m just down in the dumps with all week having expected to see him and now I don’t get to and am sitting at home with nothing to do.
2. My SO and I are trying to buy a house. The market sucks right now. I know it will pick up in the spring, but we both want to move in together so badly so we want to get the ball rolling. Within our price range, there is hardly anything we like. And the few we do like, my family (who are all realtors) constantly tell us they are a bad investment because of resale value. But damnit, we want a place we love; we don’t care about resale value… Which I know is stupid, because we love them for now, but know they aren’t forever homes.
3. I’m frustrated with my job. I work with family, and it is a job that I’ve enjoyed more than any of my previous ones. Despite this, I still feel unsatisfied by this job. And I certainly am not satisfied with the money. But I don’t have an education (tried college and university; I excelled, but hated it and had no passion so I left in order to not go into debt before I figured out what to do with my life) so my options are very limited.
4. I want to eat better, adopt a more active lifestyle, and hopefully get healthier and lose weight to be happy in my own skin. I’ve lost a lot of weight in the past, but this time I’ve had little success. I’m an emotional eater and have been so stressed that trying to remain in control has been so hard.
5. My life feels stagnant. I’m 22 and feel like I haven’t made any advancement in my life since I was 17. I don’t even know how to go about changing this.
Alright, who is next and needing to vent? Let it all out, bees!