Post # 1
well for the last 4 days i had good intentions, got up early do to my workout, each time I got up, i found something else that had to be done.
I think im starting to procrastinate.. this is not good at all.
Whats your motivator tips part from fitting into that dress?
Post # 3
The dress is my motivator. I purposefully ordered it a smaller size, so now I know I need to get my butt into gear.
What if you try downloading some new songs to workout too?
Post # 4
I”ve found that if I wake up and immediately put on my workout clothes, then I”m more likely to go to the gym. I heard a quotation once: : “The hardest part of running is putting on your sneakers.” For me, that’s so true!
Post # 5
Ugh, I had EVERY intention of going to the gym this morning and I just could. not. get. up. And now I’m KICKING myself for not going. That’s 800 calories, almost 1/3 of a pound I could have lost! So disappointed in myself and yet I probably won’t go tomorrow either.
Post # 6
The things that work best for me are:
1) Making a schedule. If I know how many times I want to go combined with what else I have going on during the week, I know how much flexibility I have with when I can work out.
2) Tracking my calorie burn and mileage. I started running a few months ago and got a Nike+ for the holidays. I’m officially obsessed with it.
3) Aside from the wedding dress, wedding pictures! I don’t want to get my pictures back and see extra chins, arm flaps etc. and know that if I had just put in the time and committed to workint out…
Good luck! Don’t let one little rough patch foul up your plans entirely! You can do it!
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden
we all have rough patches and cycles – don’t stress! just get back up on that horse (or treadmill or bike or elliptical or weights…) and start again! Every bit helps and you will feel great afterwards!
Post # 8
@KMSull – Whoah! How long do you spend at the gym to burn 800 calories? What exercise do you do?
Post # 9
I wear a heart rate monitor. Im on the heavier side right now so I get to burn more calories than someone who’s say, 110 pounds doing the same activity! I’m usually there about an hour and a half doing a weight class and a high intensity aerobic class. I don’t get NEARLY as good calories counts if I work out by myself, though.
Post # 10
- Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas
I have such a hard time getting motivated to work out. I have the best of intentions and then I get tired, or lazy, or have to clean, or want to hang out with FI, and it just doesn’t happen. Sigh.