(Closed) limos & photos Is my wedding a logistical nightmare?

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

usually we have someone hide the groom in the room he’s getting ready in and vice versa.

You just want to make sure that YOU are done with your pics and tucked away at least 30 min. before so all the guests coming don’t see you.

Post # 4
1580 posts
Bumble bee

Are you totally against doing a “first look”? If so, you’ll have to each take turns hiding and taking family pics and girls with girls, guys with guys. You’ll have to do the group and couple shots after the ceremony.

The only reason you might need transporation is if:

1. you and your girls are getting ready together and you want to go to the venue together.

2. you want to do a faux getaway after the ceremony.

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

Our ceremony and reception are at the same venue also. We have opted out of any type of transportation because, for us, it would just be a waste of money. I will be staying at the venue the night before and he will join me the next day. He will be getting ready at our home, so I am considering getting a limo to bring him and the guys to the venue.

We will be doing first look pictures too because we want to spend as much time with our guests as possible. After we do our first look, we will get the rest of the pictures with his guys and my girls, then I will go hide until the rest of the guests get there. We will do the family pictures after the ceremony.

Post # 6
2682 posts
Sugar bee

Our ceremony and reception were also at the same venue.  We didnt necessarily need a limo but we did get one for the guests that were staying from out of town at a hotel nearby.  They got picked up at the hotel, dropped off at the venue and then picked up and dropped off at the hotel after so no one had to worry about drinking then how to get home.

For my wedding, all the girls met at MIL/FIL house and got ready there then we all went to the venue and got changed there.  Darling Husband the guys got ready at the hotel and came to the venue just about an hour before the ceremony to take pictures.  We took our pics in different locations before the ceremony – the girls and I went out the back and took pictures by the water and Darling Husband and his guys/family took pics out front of the venue on a little bridge in front of a waterfall.  Everyone was on the lookout to make sure we were far apart the entire time.

After the ceremony, we did our family pics, entire bridal party and then pics of just us.  We wouldve been done in an hour if we didnt go somewhere else just the 2 of us and the limo driver went MIA!  An hour should be plenty of time – just have a precise list of each picture you want for your photographer (you, Darling Husband and your family, you Darling Husband and his family, etc).  dont worry if it goes a little over an hour, as long as the cocktail hour has food and drinks everyone will be fine!

Post # 7
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I so wish I had this problem!  Our ceremony and reception are about 30 minutes apart from each other.  We are going to have to hurry up to do pictures and then pile in the VERY EXPENSIVE limo to take us out to the reception.  

The topic ‘limos & photos Is my wedding a logistical nightmare?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors