(Closed) Limos, Seating Charts, & RSVP Rant…………..

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@otb: Re: limo…just keep in mind that limos typically book for 3 hour blocks for weddings.   Also you might have a tough time with that time frame on NYE because then they won’t be able to book the limo for someone to use it that night (my uncle owns a limo company which is the only reason I know all of this)

Post # 4
1045 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2008

I’m sorry you’re having such a stressful last month!  Try not to worry too much about the transportation– we just did a caravan of cars at our wedding, and it worked out perfectly.  It was actually less stressful to arrange after the ceremony, than trying to find everyone at the same time to cram into the limo– everyone just went in their pre-assigned cars.  No muss, no fuss, and an extra $500 in our pocket to use on our mini-moon.

Can you sit down with the FH tonight and make the phone calls with him (or sit there and do something else while he calls)?  Would the venue be ok with you giving a tentative number tonight, but then able to increase it tomorrow?  I know mine was flexible with things like that.

Good luck with the seating charts! 

Post # 5
1011 posts
Bumble bee

I know you’re really frustrated and I hope venting helps!

A suggestion that worked well for my cousin’s wedding:  they had 22 tables of 10 at their rehersal dinner.  The mixed a representative from the groom’s family and a represenative from the bride’s family at each table and then tried to fill in with people who might have another connection with the reps.  Worked really well.  My FI & I sat with someone I met in college.  The bride’s rep was her cousin and his gf.   The others at the table went to high school with the bride’s cousin.  It made it more interesting and helped spread people out.

Post # 6
235 posts
Helper bee

Feel free to rant away – I would be doing the EXACT same thing.

But…remember: in 8 days none of this will matter and you will have a wonderful wedding and be married!  YAY!

Congratulations!

Post # 7
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think you should sit your FH’s family together anyway as punishment for not RSVPing 🙂

J/K that totally sucks. I can’t handle the fact that people can’t RSVP. And your FH is being an idiot about it, no offense. Like, of all people he should understand that you need final numbers! If my FI pulled that s**t I would superglue a phone to his hand and stand behind him with a whip until he got it done. It shouldn’t all be on you. It’s his lazy family. Ugh people infuriate me.

Post # 9
3162 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@otb – glad you got the limo situation sorted out. that’s a relief. as for the rest – just forget about it and let other people deal with it. awkward tables = not your problem.

Post # 10
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Do you have a friend or family member w/ a sweet car that you can borrow?  Way back in high school, we used to borrow cars for prom.  It was fun and maybe more special than driving away in your own?

Hang in there!!

Post # 11
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

NM – saw you got a limo.  Yay!

Post # 12
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Yay on getting the limo…hope the seating arrangements/ RSVPing work out!

The topic ‘Limos, Seating Charts, & RSVP Rant…………..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors