Post # 1
The first (of many I am sure) sleepless nights due to the wedding. My mind keeps going on and on with all the little things left to do and I know I am leaving things out. So bees, here is where you come in. What are some things you had to do in the last month before the big day?
Post # 3
make a plan! really make a check list. look it up on wiki how or so, then usually give really good tips 🙂
Post # 4
@anna567: 🙂 have a checklist already but feel like I am missing something…I will check there and see…thanks!
Post # 5
The problem is those lists talk about major things…I know to finalize with vendors…it is the small stuff that is keeping me up!
Post # 6
go through your wedding step by step and make your own list.
Post # 7
@ajillity81: Yeah I did but I am sure there are things I forgot 🙂
Post # 9
My week of list included:
– Packing list of what to bring the day-of to the bridal suite (I included tweezers, safety pins, a razor, perfume, powder, mascara, eye shadow, deodorant, baby powder, cell phone, extra cash, pen)
– Packing list of what goes to the reception (card box, guest book, pens, menus, table #’s, etc)
– List of tips in envelopes
– CLOTHES FOR THE NEXT DAY if you are staying in a hotel. I forgot to bring any and wore my rehearsal dinner dress to the morning after brunch.
– Confirm all transportation and times and make sure they arrive 15 mins early
– Confirm first dance, intro songs, name pronunciations, must play and do not play songs with band/dj
That’s all I can remember off the top of my head!
Post # 10
@CityBearBride: thank you! Some of those I had not thought of 🙂
Post # 11
I haven’t had my wedding yet but it is close……so far my to do list for the last bit is.
Complete music list (done yesterday)
get groomsmen gifts
pick up flowers and rental items
call and confirm with vendors arrival time
finish MC info package (on the vip list)
get inspiration pics ready for hair and makeup ladies
wrap bridesmaid gifts
get a garter
extra cutlery for dessert and late lunch
decide on exact spot for ceremony
meet with officiant to talk about ceremony
get hair dyed and nails done at salon
get petals for the flower girls
make a list of things and pack for honeymoon
get a cake cutter and server
and probably more….but i am at work so that is what is on the top of my mind.
I always forget something….
Post # 12
Our wedding is a little less than 2 months out and getting close as well. I have a small planner that I keep in my purse and I have a huge running list in the back of it. Each time I think about any small detail I write it down. As I get things done I’m highlighting them in green. It helps me to visually see what I’m gettig done.
I will be adding all the items to my list for the day of that @citybearbride just mentioned and start thinking about packing for the honeymoon! Don’t worry too much. I’m sure you will absolutely forget something..everyone does. Either someone will get it for you or you’ll make do because you are so excited/happy.
Post # 13
@SS2007: Haha mine is at a full page right now..but luckily it is all silly little things!