Long BM dresses for $150 or less? Impossible?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Seriously, order them from Dressilyme.com.  They have better prices and everyone can send in their measurements so they don’t have to pay for alterations too (it’s an extra $14.99 on dressilyme for custom sizing.)

Here’s what they have available in long bridesmaid dresses for under $100.

Post # 4
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

My BM dresses came from David’s. Floor length. $129

Post # 5
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

What part of NY are you from, if you don’t mind me asking. I’m from Long Island and every wedding that I have been a part of the dresses were over $150. So I think that it is the norm. For what it’s worth, my bridesmaid dresses are long gowns and are a little over $200.

I too wasn’t really crazy about DB. I looked there and wasn’t flipping over the color selection or the quality of the dresses.

I hear that Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses run pretty reasonable. I know that many Bill Levkoff long dresses are under $200. So you could look at those. Or check out some trunk shows. You can get a percentage off of a dress if you go to a trunk show.

If you are from Long Island area, the Wedding Center in Commack has dresses at a better price than some other stores, so you can check them out there.

Post # 6
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@LilySarah:  My BMs got theirs from After7; it’s a beautiful floor length ball gown, about $188(tax included). It’s hard to find it under $200, but you can come close.

Since my ladies are paying that much for their dress, I’ve decided to take care of their hair, makeup, shoes, earrings and get them personalized gifts.

Post # 7
2042 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@LilySarah:  Got my Bm dress for my cousins wedding from davids bridal and online it said $149 I bought it in store and it was $137 with tax….plus a $20 shutterfly gift card!

Post # 8
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I had all my bridesmaids pick out their own dress, just in the same colour, material and length. I can go through how much each paid:

The farthest to the left (our left) already owned her dress so it didn’t cost

The second to the left paid $129 (and that’s CND…things tend to be more expensive here) from Davids Bridal

The middle bpaid the most out of the girls (she really wanted the dress). It’s a Dessy collection dress. It ually retails for $250 but she ordered her’s from USA bride (www.usabride.com) for about $190 (they had pretty fast shipping). The Dessy dresses also sell at NetBride (www.netbride.com) they don’t ship as fast but the same dress was selling for $170ish.

The one second to the right got her dress for $99 (again Canadian) at Fairweather (a store here in Canada…but there are similar stores in the states)

The one farthest to our right got her’s in the States at David’s Bridal for $99 (USD).

Also not pictured is my MOH who also got her’s in the states form David’s Bridal for $99 (USD)…her’s was a halter style dress…

Post # 9
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

@beachbride1216:  + a million We got our BM dresses from Dressilyme and they’re gorgeous. One of the girls got hers long and it was only $120 with custom measurements.

Post # 10
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

We ordered ours online!!! I found a dress I loved but it was like $250ish in stores. That wasn’t gonna fly with me. So we went and had all the girls try them on and then I found an authorized retailer online. They were $133 each and $148 if they wanted extra length. We got them from Dress for Less Bridal.

Just be careful if you go this route. I read TONS of reviews and made sure they were authorized so I knew what I was getting. They haven’t arrived yet but hopefully my research paid off.

We ordered Bari Jay 227.

Post # 11
1140 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

just keep watching davids website, they add dresses often. I was down to june ( and my wedding is in oct) and they just added a new dress, fell in love and made my girls buy! Before this dress appeared i was just settling,…

Post # 13
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We used bestbridalprices.com for ours.  We loved them and they were at least $20-40 cheaper than the stores.  Plus, no tax and free shipping.  And they were running a deal if you liked them on facebook you got $10 off.

Their customer service was fantastic!!

I just looked and they have a ton of dresses under $150.

Post # 14
1779 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I hated the David’s Bridal experience but the dresses are fine. We got a floor length BM dress for $130. Just shop around and don’t expect a high-quality boutique experience.

Post # 15
2657 posts
Sugar bee

We’re using Little Borrowed Dress, which is a dress rental service.  Short dresses are $50 to rent and long dresess are $75, and they send you multiple sizes just in case.  We won’t be able to try them on before they’re ordered, but apparently they have a showroom on NYC where you can try them on.

Post # 16
939 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

@LilySarah:  Check with NetBridal. We got my maids dresses from them, and they were all under $150!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors