Long Rant – Essense of Australia D1441 or Oleg Cassini CRL277 — Help me please.

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

The left dress looks so much better on you – the skirt is quite elegant, and it honestly looks like it was designed with you in mind. The other one looks fine on you, but I think you’ll need a sash (at least) to make it come close to the Essense of Australia dress, and even then I’d be skeptical.

Have you checked for the left dress used? That could be a good way to save money, so you get everything you want.

Post # 4
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@SoontobeDrCagleRX13:  We all love when we can say we saved money on a dress don’t get me wrong. Which one did you feel the best/most bridal/have your moment in? Did you have the feeling of not wanting to take it off? 
IMO- I LOVE the dress on the left that you have on. I love the bottom and I think it flatters your figure very well. I wouldn’t want you to have dress regret so make sure you choose the one you love. Yes one is 1/2 the price than the other but you’ll only wear it once in your life unless you decided to renew vows in the same dress down the road. You are already winning by being under budget and maybe in other areas you’ll be under budget to be able to say to yourself “its ok to spend more on a dress because I saved here, here and here” 

Good Luck !!! 

Post # 5
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Go with your heart!  I think you’ll regret it if you don’t.  I’m sure it could be fixed with alterations, but every time I see that olge cassini dress, I HATE the neckline.  It looks like they messed up to me.  The first time I saw it, I assumed it was a flaw in that dress, or just like that because it ahd been worn by a hundred different brides, but I’ve seen it in every single photo of it on here.  It just looks like the cups are messed up to me.  

They have a similar silluette, but other than that, I really don’t think they are all that similar.  I love the way the essense of austrailia dress fades from the lace to the tulle. The little details like that make the dress.

Post # 6
1840 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Go with the Essence, girl, and don’t look back! If you feel fabulous in it, then go with that feeling. It’s in your budget and it looks great on you! 

Post # 9
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@SoontobeDrCagleRX13:  I like the dress on the left a lot better. It just looks nicer and you can tell it’s more expensive. 

Post # 10
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I actually prefer the dress on the left (Essense) anyhow. The tulle is soft and the shape is just that much more elegant. I say go for it, if it’s under your budget.

Post # 12
2264 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@SoontobeDrCagleRX13:  

D1441 by Essense of Australia without question. The dress looks like it was made for you.

Listen, your dress is still under budget. You had a bridal moment in it. It sounds to me like you would regret not wearing it if you didn’t buy it. Bite the bullet. You look stunning in it!

Also, I didn’t care for the one you posted in the link at all. I think the Essense of Australia dress is your dress. No more looking!

Post # 14
2264 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@SoontobeDrCagleRX13:  You wear it much better than the model, that is for sure! Seriously, it looks amazing on you. Don’t second guess your gut instinct!

Post # 15
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Since I love Cassini dresses, and I love the way you look in that one, I would have to say the one on the right. You do look gorgeous in both by the way! The lace on Cassini is chantilly…I believe on all his work. I researched it and it’s very intricate and expensive to make. Mine is an all lace by Cassin as well. I know it’s a tough call for you, but go with what you love. I too like to watch costs, but this is the most special dress you will probably ever purchase and what you love is most important. Good luck and congratulations!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors