(Closed) Long vent about waiting & not about BF

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1075 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Well, it sounds like your SO knows how you feel about jewlery,right?  So, I’m pretty sure if she does try to contact him, trying to convince him that you need a ring, he will just dismiss the conversation.

I don’t think there needs to be a ring either, though, I’d like to have one, but everyone is different.

It can def be just as romantic with or without an e-ring.

I wish you the best of luck and def want to hear if/when he gets on one knee!

Post # 4
3587 posts
Sugar bee

Glad you got that out. I totally understand how people think just because EVERYONE does it, means it’s the way it should be. Irritating!

Good luck next week! And have SO much fun! I love cruises, but can only cruise during the summer, unfortunately. (I teach.)

Post # 5
950 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hey, non-ring sister, you get all your frustration out whenever you need to.  I’m TOTALLY with you on the “not wanting a ring” thing.  I’m SOOO glad Fiance listened to me about it.  Instead, he proposed with a pendant that is circular in shape, worn around my neck.  He really liked the circular, eternal meaning of the ring shape, but COMPLETELY understands my obsession with washing my hands & how I don’t like doing that with rings on (I’m irrationally convinced that, if I don’t take the ring off, that part of my hand will not get clean), so I just don’t do rings.  Added bonus: no other woman can ever make me feel like her ring is “better” due to cut, size, setting, etc. because my ‘ring’ doesn’t fit that criteria (and for the best reason – because he chose it specifically for me, the ring-disliker)! Honestly, everyone who asks to see the ring is impressed by FI’s creativity & consideration when they see what he picked out.  I’m sure that your Fiance is MUCH more attentive to your wants & needs than your friend, so you’ll probably get exactly what you want. 

Good Luck & Have FUN on your cruise!

The topic ‘Long vent about waiting & not about BF’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors