- 7 years ago
I haven’t ever written a thread about my ILs before. They live far enough away that I’ve avoided having to deal with them for more than a day or two. But they’ve been staying with us since Wednesday. And if I thought they were great before, I think now I’d prefer to like them from a distance. A LONG distance. Across state lines.
1. My ILs are a different religion. My FIL is a minister. Not a bad thing at all. They chose to come to mass at my church, which I thought was nice. Until afterwards when they said that it was “very nice, not at all like I expected Catholic mass to be. Except for the collection plates.” Zing. They went on for several minutes about the “monetary sins of the church.” I know they don’t like the Catholic church. But really? Here’s a quote from the prophet Isaiah: “Go **** yourself.” Thanks be to God.
2. My BIL is gay. I found out that he has (since he hit puberty and discovered it himself) been ostracized, degraded, made to feel guilty, and otherwise been cast out by the two people who are supposed to love him above all else! WHAT BIGOTS! “I love him but I cannot condone what he is.” WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?? Didn’t Jesus preach love? Apparently not in HIS church! I’ve never personally known anyone so ignorant. “Oh it’s just a medical condition. If he accepts that he can be cured. All these f*****s run around acting unnatural. They just need to be cured.” OMG. REALLY? I’ve never heard such BS. I wanted to punch both of them. I still can’t look them in the eye. I want them out of my house. TODAY.
3. FIL played CoD Black Ops for FOUR HOURS on Friday (CHRISTMAS EVE). And when I asked DH if we could watch a movie or something we could ALL enjoy his dad got all pissy. Um, HELLO? There are two women in the room who aren’t interested in hearing gunfire and explosions for FOUR HOURS. (To punish him I turned on the BBC version of Secret Garden and watched it in its entirety yesterday. I even rewound it a couple times when he’d leave the room to get a drink.)
4. I mentioned in another thread that my FIL told MB to “shut up.” I got him to stop, but did I really need to let him know that was inappropriate in the first place? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
5. FIL DOES NOT PUT THE TOILET SEAT AND SEAT COVER DOWN. EVER. EVEN WHEN I REMIND HIM BEFORE HE GOES IN. AND TELL HIM WHEN HE COMES OUT. I find it SO RUDE. I have two rules in my house. TWO RULES. Put the seat covers down when you’re done using the toilet (so the dog doesn’t drink the water) and close the bedroom doors (so the cats can’t get in). He cannot do either one. He CHOOSES not to do either one. And everyone just shrugs and laughs about it. DH knows it bothers me and tells him too but everyone is so used to it they have given up. Here’s a reality check: YOU AREN’T STAYING HERE NEXT TIME YOU VISIT. Keep the toilet seat up at your hotel room jack***.
6. SMIL has a snide comment for everything I do as a parent. I realize that I’m not really traditional. We have CDs and a Little Potty. MB is almost walking already (NOT MY FAULT). She’s doing it on her own, I’m not “pushing her” to do anything. If anything I’m trying to get her to slow down so she doesn’t hurt herself. I’m sure that it’s over-defensive mother syndrome talking here, but does she really need to comment on her feeding schedule, sleep, talking, crawling, etc?
7. Don’t discipline my dog. And stop undoing years of training. He is ALLOWED under the dining room table. And he is NOT ALLOWED to eat table scraps. In fact they make him sick. In fact last time you gave him ham he had diarrhea for DAYS. And now he won’t lay by me when I’m eating but he’ll beg for scraps when I’m done. Good job. You’ve just set me back one year in training him.
If you made it through even the first one, thanks! I just had to let it out!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO LEAVE!!