Post # 1
So my fiance and I are looking at a ceremony/reception venue soon. It’s the first place we’re looking and we’re thinking it’s going to be the place.
I’m just looking for some advice on things I wouldn’t think of to ask/think about while I’m getting a tour.
Thanks for any help!
Post # 3
Some of these are (to me) obvious, but helpful none-the-less.
* Food & Beverage minimums – how much are you required to spend at the event? If your budget is $10k, but their minimum is $20k for the day, then that’s a problem.
* What are taxes and service fees? In my area (NH), taxes and service fees generally range from 25% – 29% on top of everything else. So, if they’re advertising $50/head for dinner, it’s actually $62.50 when all is said and done.
* What are the ceremony fees? Some venues charge additional for having the ceremony onsite. I’ve seen this range from $200 to $2000!
* What are the room rental fees? Many venues advertise their price per head for the meal but neglect to mention that you have to pay an additional fee for the usage of the reception hall, in addition to food costs.
* What are your timing limitations? Are you required to be done by 9pm? midnight? all night? How much do they charge if you go over?
* Do they charge for having a rehearsal the night before?
* Are you required to rent out the entire inn/hotel/venue for the night of your weddings? Do they have a minimum room block required?
* What is included in their listed prices? Linens, Centerpieces, chairs, tables?
* Are there additional bartender fees on top of the price per drink?
* Any additional fees, taxes, gratuities?
That’s all I can think of at the moment. I’ll continue to give it some additional thought.
Post # 4
@BrideNH: Thanks! Those are awesome! 🙂