- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
Seeking ideas for a pre-wedding mother/daughter trip!
In lieu of a crazy bachelorette party (I only have 1 girl in my wedding party anyway!) I was thinking of asking my wanderlusting mom to come with me on a short trip. We’ve both done a lot of traveling, so a lot of the normal recommendations (Napa, Yosemite, New Orleans, Chicago) seem a little stale. As Disney and Key West are easy and close(ish) to her home, those two are my fallback locations, but I’d love to try something different! Has anyone been to a place particularly sweet they’d like to share?
Here’s some info that tells more about us:
– She lives in West Palm Beach, Florida and I’m in New York City.
– Trip should last about 5 days
– Money’s not too much of an object, but I’d like to stay under 1K each.
– We’re both adventurous and love to try new things.
– We’re not concerned with going to the spa or getting pampered, but like comfortable living quarters.
– Mom’s a firecracker, but a 65 year old firecracker. A 4 day climb up a mountain is a no go.
– Nature is appreciated.
– Must have some sort of nightlife, or people who know how to have fun! Did I mention my mom was a firecracker?
– We’re not big gamblers.
– We’ve done the tropical island thing, while it is wonderful to relax, it can lack excitement.
– Mom doesn’t care for cruises.
Any ideas bees?