Post # 1
This is my first post ever here. I got engaged back in May and have been on a futile hunt for a dress. I found this one on the Kleinfelds website:
I love it so much, but the thought of stepping into that bridal shop makes me want to stab my eyes out. So, basically I have three questions.
1. Has anyone seen/worn this dress?
2. Do you ladies think it would work for a beach wedding
I’m getting married on Oct. 10 and really have not loved anything I’ve seen or tried on so I got really excited when I saw this dress.
Thanks in advance!
Post # 3
First of all thank you for posting the jlmcouture link because when I clicked on it I saw that my 2010 dress is finally on the website, yaaaaayyy!!! I was checking like every day for a while but guess haven’t done it lately. But then I saw two others that I liked more; why didn’t I see these when I bought mine, grrrr….
Sorry about that rant, for your questions:
1) Someone posted this for sale few months back, you can check if it’s still available and she may have some photos as well.
3) If #1 isn’t available you can try searching on preownedweddingdresses.com, oncewed.com, bravobride.com and craigslist. There are few other sites that I can’t remember now but I’m sure other Bees can help.
Where do you see the prices on the website? I’ve looked at quite a few Lazaros here in CA and didn’t see any below $3K, unless it was a sample on sale.
Post # 4
OMG! Meliss I love you. Thanks so much for the link. I guess the Lazaro dresses are more expensive (sad face) but the more I read about the designer the more it makes sense that I’m obsessed with them. I’m Latina and getting married in Puerto Rico and my fiance & I are totally incorporating a old Havana style/Spanish theme. I read that Lazaro’s a Cuban designer and was like, DUH, that’s why I love them so much! The other dresses I had checked prices on were from the other lines on that site, so now I’ve realized that Lazaro is the most high end and your totally right, none are under 3K (another sad face). I was really tryng to stay under 2K, but I know if it’s perfect then I’d be willing to go a bit higher.
Which dress did you buy for your wedding? Don’t let yourself suffer from buyers remorse! My friend in fashion (I’m an editor for a magazine) said that if you try on a dress and absolutely love it, then just buy it–of course you’ll see others and think “What if?” but really, you bought your dress because I’m sure it looked amazing on you and made you feel beautiful! Congrats. I’ve been seriously struggling to find one that I’d even consider wearing!
Post # 5
that dress is gorgeous! I got my Lazaro @ Kleinfelds (with less lace then that) and price tag was $3,900.
It would be perfect for a beach wedding. good luck!!!
Post # 6
OK, so apparently the style number is NOT 3815 and this dress is from a past season which has me excited cause I probs have a better chance of finding it cheaper. Thanks for the input on the beach wedding style, I dont want to wear something inappropriate for the setting, but at the same time, I want something special. Anywho, on Kleinfelds the style number is: 31469604
Also, has anyone been there? I’m sort of a low maintenance kind of gal, but my dad has been super excited since I got engaged and watched “Say Yes to the Dress” (yes, he’s the cutest dad EVER) and told me I should go there. I’m just terrified of walking in and being bullied into spending way more than I would normally on a dress :/
Thanks for your input! I love this, these boards totally give me an outlet to talk about all thisstuff without boring the man folk to death, hahahaha!
Post # 7
That dress is style # 3813. The designer style number and the Kleinfeld style # are different. Do you like any other Lazaro styles? I’ve seen a bunch of Lazaros on sale on preownedweddingdresses.com recently.
Post # 8
You’re very welcome and welcome to the boards! I forgot to say it the first time in my excitement over seeing my dress on the web 🙂 Mine is is LZ3002.
Here’s a used Lazaro 3813 for a great price: http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/12168/Lazaro-LZ3813-Size-6.html
I’m by no means an expert since I’ve had my share of dress issues but these would be my suggestions:
– Don’t deny yourself the Kleinfeld experience because it looks like they have a great selection, but go with a determined mindset not to buy right then and there. They don’t need to know that. Even if you fall in love with something out of your price range, remember the designer and the details, come home and do some comparison shopping on the web. Then see if they can match the price.
– If you like lace, slim fitting gowns, look at Monique Lhuillier as noone does it better than her. Her prices are outrageous but again used web sites or sample sales are an option. Another designer in your price range is Pronovias and they’re from Spain so fits your theme 🙂 The quality of the lace on their dresses is fantastic and they have a lot of similar styles. I believe there’s a flagship store in NY.
– Finally if you decide to go with one I cannot say enough good things about Lazaro! I never wanted a trumpet dress but I kept being drawn to his dresses on the rack, they’re just so beautiful in person. The hand-embroidery, the details…Almost a work of art. I met him in person at the trunk show (yes he’s Cuban!) and he’s such a humble and sweet man too.
Post # 9
That dress is beautiful!
If you’re looking for latin designers, you should look at Angel Sanchez too. He’s south american, I believe. But, I’m 98% sure he’s on the very expensive side.