(Closed) Looking for Venue in DC area for $1500 or les

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Just wanted to say – I was unable to do so.  Good luck.  Check national/state parks?  Ask friedns for backyard use? 

Good luck!

Post # 4
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@ericanicole234: How many people are you looking to accommodate?  Have you checked the local parks?  I know the Northern Virginia Regional Parks Authority has several nice sites, including Carlyle House in Alexandria.  And the MNCPPC in Montgomery County has a lot of park sites, like Brookside Gardens for example.  Many sites have much lower rates during off peak seasons too, so you might luck out in March.

Post # 6
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Sadly, I am with sahsabahs – I just wasn’t able to do it.  

Post # 7
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Something to think about with Rockwood Manor – you’ll have to pay extra to bring in tables, chairs, linens, all glassware and servingware.  That can really add up and should be included when you’re budgeting for that location.

Post # 8
1091 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Oakland Manor

Check out oakland manor in columbia – we got it for around 1200 – 1400 (I can’t recall the exact #). You should check it out! 🙂 Full disclosure, it was my venue too! Also, check the baltimore boards – one girl made a huuuuuge list of venues! 

Post # 10
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

You might look at the Women’s Club of Bethesda, which seems to have very reasonable rates.

Also, I’ve heard that Frying Pan Park in Herndon only charges about $500, but I don’t have any personal knowledge of what facilities are available.

Teaism in DC has also been recommended as a venue with no site fee, and reasonable food and beverage minimums.

The other thing to remember, though, is that it is the total cost of the venue, not just the rental, that has to be taken into account.  For example, if the venue has a “preferred” caterer it requires you to use, and that caterer is expensive, the true cost of the venue may be higher than anticipated.  Conversely, it may be worth paying more in rental fees for a venue that allows you to bring in your own food and alcohol.

The topic ‘Looking for Venue in DC area for $1500 or les’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors