(Closed) Looking for wedding dress <$1000

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Alfred Angelo. Check for bridal shops that carry Casablanca, Mori Lee, Allure, Jasmine, Mon Cheri, Impression, Eden. All of those designers have a good selection of affordable dresses. Also, Wtoo by Watters and Maggie Sottero, but they are more mixed with a lot above $1000 and some below.

Post # 4
1917 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

There are tons of brands that sell reasonably priced dresses.  I love Modeca, WToo, Enzoani and Mon Cheri.  Just try a different bridal shop.

Post # 5
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Nordstrom opened a bridal suite earlier this year in select stores – they also show the dresses online. I thought they had the best selection by far under $1000. Good luck!

Post # 6
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

They’re a little different from the norm, but if you get them in white they could be more traditional – http://www.wai-ching.com.  All real silks and very affordable!

Post # 7
1043 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’ve seen a few brides on here who have ordered a bridesmaid dress in either white or ivory which is an option for a lot of styles. Maybe see if any of those suit your taste?

Post # 8
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - The Chapel of the Sir Christopher Wren Building, 2007 Legacy Hall

I purchased a Wtoo dress that was under $1000. I loved a lot of Watter’s dresses and  in my experience they appear more expensive (due to quality and detail) than their price point.

Post # 9
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My dress is Mori Lee and was under $1000 with tax

Post # 10
14349 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Are you in a major city that has the running of the brides?  (If they still do that since Filenes basement is closing).   They are almost all $250, and some $500 max.

Post # 11
3121 posts
Sugar bee

Don’t know much about discount dresses, but TFJ, Sister!

Post # 12
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My dress was priced out of my price range at the bridal shops in my area. I decided to call around to shops that were on the designer’s authorized dealer list. I lucked up. I found a shop in New Jersey that was $800 less, there isn’t any taxes, and shipping will only cost me $25 via UPS. The shop is called JaeHee Bridal Atelier in New Jersey and they have an online store called SayYesBridal.com. I’ve seen lots of designer dresses on sale for under $1k on their site. They also have their own collection. You should check it out or give them a call. Christine helped me and so far I’m pleased. I should have my dress by March 🙂

Good Luck!

Post # 14
2584 posts
Sugar bee

Go everywhere (except couture shops). Most places have a wide range of prices, and a lot of shops will have clearance dresses. I’ve tried on some really nice clearance dresses that were $2000 and were marked down to $400. A lot of Mori Lees and some Maggie Sotteros are priced under $1000. That was my budget as well and my Maggie came just under $1000 with tax. More than I wanted to spend but there were a lot of $700-$800 dresses too.

Post # 16
5892 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Check Broke Ass Bride. They always do articles about expensive dresses and their similar less expensive counterparts. 

I know you’ve been 4 times, but did you try on every gown–even the ones you don’t think would look good on you? You’d be surprised what works and doesn’t work.

The topic ‘Looking for wedding dress <$1000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors