Post # 1
Hi Bees!! I just reached a 10lb weight loss in three weeks! I’m very excited about it and I wanted to share some things I’ve done for those looking to slim down for the big day!!
1) I go to the gym. Every day. I do cardio for at least an hour. I keep my heart rate at 75% the whole time. If your heart rate isn’t up, you’re not exercising!
2) I eat more vegetables and less bad stuff. One of my favorite new snacks is raw cabbage strips! I crave crunchy snacks when I’m bored, so now I just chow down on that and I don’t have to worry about calories! Do you love mashed potatoes? Try pureed cauliflower with a little heavy cream mixed in instead. You cut calories and starch, and add fiber!
3) I bought these neoprene workout shorts on Amazon.com. They help shed excess water on your hips and thighs, making your fat cells more accessable for your body to use. I’ve already lost a size!
4) I started eating yogurt and a fruit for breakfast. I keep my dinner small (because really, I’m not going to burn off what I eat for dinner).
5) Get enough sleep. It’s a weight loss triangle: diet, exercise, and sleep.
6) I’m taking vitamins every day. I like the pre-natal vitamins because they have extra calcium and iron, both of which are great for working out!
7) When I can’t go to the gym, I use Jillian Michaels DVD workout. I had to buy a step and weights from Amazon, but I feel like I have a home gym!
Post # 3
Here are the pics of the vitamins, shorts, step, and weights:
[attachment=105648,1638] [attachment=105648,1639] [attachment=105648,1640] [attachment=105648,1641]
Post # 4
I have a question for you about the shorts. Can you wear them under clothes without someone noticing you have them on? I walk all day long at my job, so i was thinking about wearing them under my clothes. Or would that be silly? I have never heard of these before and I am dieing to try them! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!
Post # 5
Yep, you can wear them under your regular clothes. I wear them under my workout gear and people don’t notice! Thanks for the kudos! Good luck to you
Post # 7
Wow those shorts sound pretty amazing! I might go buy a pair! Congrats on your loss! Also if you eat high protein meals and snacks you will loose a lot that way also. Snacks like peanuts, almonds, green apples, chicken, fish and so on. Eating every three hours is also very important, it keeps the metabolism going. small portions of course and snacks should be like a hand full of nuts or a protein shake. My FI’s mom is a body builder so she shares her tricks with me! 😉
Post # 8
Thats an great point about sleep. I was trying and trying to lose weight, and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Then I had a week off school and work at the same time. I spent that week getting the correct amount of sleep and I lost 3 pounds! Now that I’m back to my crazy schedule though, I’ve gained it back and I’m at another plateau.
Post # 9
I hate plateaus! So unpredictable! I just read a thread on another site about them, and it seems most people hit them because they aren’t eating enough. I thought that was interesting. I’m not at a plateau this week, I just fell off the wagon…a couple days in a row. But tomorrow I will get back on darn it!!
Post # 10
Congratulations for the recent weight loss. You are doing great.
I am down 9.5 pounds myself. I can’t believe how much better I feel. It is great!
If anyone is interested, there are several brides out there (including myself) who have started to blog for weightloss. It is a really nice support group. These girls are awesome. It is really motivating as well! 🙂
My blog is : weightlossweekly.blogspot.com/
Good luck and keep up the hard work! 🙂
Post # 11
I worked out 3-4 times a week for 6 months. In those months I also did no carbs for about 1.5 months. I lost about 15 lbs total. Since the wedding I gained 5 lbs back but I’m ready to get back into workout mode again!
Post # 12
MightySapphire, you are a butt-kicker for sure. 10 pounds in 3 weeks! I am trying to do an hour of cardio a day, but if I do that I usually don’t do weights. I’m trying to decide what is better/worse: I feel like I should focus on the cardio for now (before the wedding), then go back to a more balanced routine afterwards.
Another great trick with food (like your mashed potato substitute) is if you can, buy raw mangoes. Slice them up to look like small french fries, then squeeze some lemon over them and add some salt. This works WONDERS for me because my weakness foods are salty foods; I can eat these and get my salt fix!
Post # 13
- Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion
Personally, I love cardio, but I think it’s good to mix in some strength training, too. The more muscle your body has, the more calories it burns, even when you’re sleeping! I have been doing a mixture of cardio (I shoot for 30 minutes every day, but usually end up going 5-6 times a week) and doing lots of push-ups and core-strengthening exercises, like leg lifts and crunches, etc. I also think it’s good to have a work-out buddy–mine is really into toning and I’m really into cardio, so we balance each other out!
I’m trying to lose 5-10 pounds before the wedding (6.5 months away), but I’d also like to get into bikini-bod shape. I used to be a vegetarian, and I decided to go veggie again (but still eat fish) to help cut down on saturated fat. It’s not for everyone, but personally I love veggie protein, like black beans, quinoa, and tofu. I think my diet change will give me the extra edge I need to start looking really toned (hopefully!).
Post # 14
@ES123: Thank you!!
Update for y’all: I’ve lost 15lbs in 8 weeks. I average 1-2lbs per week. I’m not trying to overdo it and I’m not going on a crash diet. Just eating right and (up until my recent injury) excercising!
Post # 15
Congrats on the weight loss, that’s amazing!
I may have to invest in a pair of those shorts…they look pretty awesome!
Post # 16
Congrats on the weight loss!!! Too bad there’s no way I could resist 1 hour of cardio at the gym or at home. I’m kinda frustrated at this point, I’m going the opposite and gaining 🙁