(Closed) Lots of questions – HELP PLEASE!! :) 3/29/13

posted 5 years ago in March 2013
Post # 4
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think half of your budget going to photography is too much. You are going to find that the little things start to add up so I’m just not sure how you will make a $6K budget work with half to photography. But if you have already paid the deposit, I mean there isn’t much you can do right? Maybe cut back on the package you selected? Less hours or less extras (like prints).

invitations- I got mine from Hobby Lobby and printed myself. (you can see examples of them under my profile in the DIY section if you are interested). there are TONS of brides on here that DIY invites so a little of great advice out there. Again, I would suggest checking out the DIY section of weddingbee for DIY invite ideas and most brides include where they got everything, etc.

For the shoes- check out 6pm.com. Right now they have some yellow pumps for around $33 that I am in love with. http://www.6pm.com/2-lips-too-too-neon-yellow. they have a bunch of different shades of yellow if you arent wanting something that bright

Things to help you stay under budget: no favors, limit your bar (if you are having one), maybe do just a punch and cake/afternoon deal (could maybe find a park that, those tend to be on the less expensive side), DIY makeup/hair (or maybe you have a friend and that could be her “gift” to you), and definetly take the time to price compare.

One example I did to save $. i found a bakery that offered a “bride on the budget” cake, it was a 3 tier round cake that the bakery would cover in either white or ivory buttercream icing. The bride then decorated herself. I only wanted a square cake with ribbon around the bottom of each tier, but the bakery would not change the design from round to square. So I told another bakery about this (a local family run bakery) and not only is the bakery doing this with my square tiers but is only charging me $.75 a serving (WAY cheaper than anywhere else).

Post # 5
341 posts
Helper bee

First, definitely check here, on ebay, etc for shoes. Look EVERYWHERE and keep in mind that yellow might not be in season and you may have to wait until it’s closer to the day. 

The other thing I wanted to comment on was invitations. I couldn’t afford save the dates either (we made a facebook group for all of our guests who are on facebook, had them send us our addresses there and it acted as as a save the date). We are also on a low budget, and what we did is went shopping at Michaels and found some BEAUTIFUL kits that were on clearance. We went around to different stores in the area to get more, since they were on clearance and you couldn’t buy them online or in bulk. The kits was a 30 set, and included invitations, vellum overlays with ribbon to tie, response cards and envelopes, thank you cards and envelopes, and full envelopes for the invitation with a pretty design inside, along with an embossed seal sticker for the invitation. We got 120 invitations for 84 bucks and just need to print them ourselves. Just shop around for sales, for anything! Here’s a photo!!! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Lots of questions – HELP PLEASE!! :) 3/29/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors