over 5000 : (18 votes)
    15 %
    way over 5000 : (40 votes)
    33 %
  • Post # 3
    278 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Our wedding is hopefully going to come in under $3000, but I just saw a post about wooden flower bouquets and I really want to splurge on those now πŸ˜›

We’ve actually enlisted the help of all our friends and family to hold onto everything recyclable that they can – and we plan to save this money to go towards the wedding :3 If you only knew my dad’s side of the family… I’m expecting to make over $1000 from this one act, along πŸ˜‰

I rage every time I hear or see someone talking about their low-budget wedding of 10k. God. Especially Four Weddings. There’s always that one I want to smack upside the head.

We don’t really have any DIY ideas atm. We’re still kind of planning (June 1, 2013 is the date) so we have plenty of time. But pinterest has been my best friend in finding DIY ideas πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    246 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I ordered a replica lace dress from china (actually a great experience), got the reception venue free, had roasted pork for dinner, and only invited 45 people.

DIY: cake, veil, all the decorations, guestbook, shoes, sash, purse

Big splurges: chapel for ceremony, live music

Total cost (including tux rentals for the guys and all the clothing): $3700.

It was great! Everyone loved it and said it was beautiful.

Post # 5
    693 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m trying to think how much our stuff cost. The only thing we really splurged on was the photography, and that was low compared to what I see some people saying..$2000

Our cupcakes (which were going to be made by my sister but we ran out of time) were $300 including renting the stand.

My attire-including jewelry and shoes-under 300

His-under 200

wedding party bought their own dresses, I just told them the style

bridal party gifts, under $100

Catering and reception rental-about 2000? We rented a room with an open bar and had a buffet

All of the ceremony decor I diy’d. so, that was pretty cheap, probably less than $100

Mine was awesome, and I didn’t feel bad for NOT spending a dime more than I did. A beach destination wedding/week honeymoon with my entire family for cheap

Post # 6
    4713 posts
    Honey bee

I’m still in the really early planning stages, but my budget is about $2,500. To complicate that, we’re going to the beach (driving). There will only be about 30 people, so I’m sure it’s doable, but it’s gonna be a challenge for sure! 

The reception is what’s throwing me for a loop right now. I’m thinking we’ll do a cake and punch deal at the house (we’re renting a house on the beach for our ceremony space and to stay in) and immediate family can go out to a nice dinner afterwards.

The most expensive part so far is the house… 1/3 of our budget. My friend is doing the photography. She’d do it for free, but I’m paying her since it’s out of state and she’ll be required to stay at least one night. My dress will most likely be a white or ivory bridesmaids dress (It’ll suit the beach very well too). I’m planning to get silk flowers. 

Not sure how to handle invitations, since it’s family and close friends. I want to have one for a keepsake, so I’ll probably find some cute and inexpensive ones on Vistaprint. We’re sending announcements out to family and friends who won’t be invited. 

It does make me a little upset when someone calls 10k a “low budget”. It’s certainly a LOT lower than the average, but it’s hard finding advice and tips for planning a wedding on an extremely low budget like 2.5k. 

Post # 9
    693 posts
    Busy bee

That’s what we did, a beach ceremony (free) and a dinner with an open bar at a local restaurant. It was awesome and I didn’t have to decorate! We had about 30 people

Post # 10
    4713 posts
    Honey bee

My Excel spreadsheet budget has me sitting at $2,900 right now. I overestimated everything, but I’m getting paranoid already that I won’t be able to come in at or under budget. 

I wish rentals on the beach in May weren’t so expensive. That’s my biggest issue. 

Post # 11
    4713 posts
    Honey bee

@MississippiQueen:  How much did your reception cost? And where was your ceremony? We’re looking at Amelia’s Island near the Jacksonville, Florida area as well as the Gulf Coast (mostly Orange Beach, Alabama). Both are about the same distance from us. 

Post # 13
    1856 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

We’re planning for a max of $5,000, but that’s including international flights for me and my daughter to go down to where my SO lives. We’re planning on getting married at the courthouse ($20 vs. $400+ for an officiant in the area we’re getting married… no-brainer for us). We’ll be having a reception at a restaurant in one of their private rooms, with either a 3 or 4 course meal + drinks for between 15-20 people (us included). We aren’t doing a lot of wedding things – no dancing, no decor, I’ll grab some flowers from Whole Foods that day for a bouquet if I really want one, and we’ll either do cupcakes or a small cake + cupcakes (from a bakery who gave us a lot of different options and was so lovely about our price range).

I bought a party dress/bridesmaid dress online for $150 that I’ll just need to have altered a little bit, my SO will probably buy a suit that he can use for work, we’re looking for very simple plain wedding bands. We don’t have a ton of money and what we do have, we’d rather spend on other things. We’re excited to celebrate with our family and a few close friends, and food was super important to us, but otherwise… I’m not interested in investing our savings into one day.

Post # 14
    693 posts
    Busy bee

@mepayne:  We had our entire wedding on Sanibel Island, right off from Ft Myers. The dinner was about 2000, with open bar.

Post # 15
    443 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I am hoping to keep it around $3000 but I honestly don’t think its realistic. I just have such a big family that keeping it small is impossible. Our quest list is close to 250 πŸ™

@alishaloo:  I have been tempted to do the paper or tissue flowers but figured after supplies they would be almost as expensive as real, but according to your post, that might not be the case! Can you give me more info on how you did it? I am not a super crafty person but have plenty of help from people who are! Also how about pics? I would love to see some.

Post # 16
    2951 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

Mine was under 3K

If you need help or ideas, let me know!!! πŸ™‚

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors