Post # 1
Ordered my dress from Lulu’s.
– Nice selection of wedding dresses in the style I wanted
– Good prices
– Supposedly ordered it with custom measurements, but when it came in, they had to take in the waist FOURTEEN INCHES. And the seamstress COULD NOT take in the bust so I had to put a hilarious amount of padding in it, which made me look really silly.
– As well, the custom hem length and all the other custom measurements were SO WRONG that we had to do a million alterations that should never have happened, and we paid twice for this.
– The bridal salon tried to make me skip the third round of fittings and take the dress home without trying it on again. This was two weeks before my wedding, and I’m so glad I tried it on again because it fit HORRIBLY. The bust gaped so much my boobs fell out. The seamstress actually FORGOT several of the alterations, and since they were so insistent on me taking it home without trying it on first, I think the salon knew that. I had already been charged for these alterations that had not been completed.
– I ordered my dress WELL in advance, told them the date of my bridal portraits, and the dress did not arrive until three weeks before my wedding. Every time I called, they told me it would be in next week, but when I called back the next week, got the same line. When it FINALLY arrived, they DID NOT EVEN CALL TO TELL ME, even though it was three weeks until my wedding and I had rescheduled bridal portraits three times and still obviously needed alterations. I only found out because I called, and they said it had arrived several days before. I had to do my bridal portraits two weeks before the wedding, with a dress that didn’t fit and had to be taped down, and then take it back and get it altered again, only it still never really fit right.
– They forgot to take the discount off of one of my bridesmaid’s dresses. They fixed it but only after I called several times about it.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my dress, but the bridal salon experience was, hands-down, the WORST part of my wedding, and caused more crying and stress than I can even explain. Given the discrepancies in the sizing, I would honestly not be surprised if I had been sold the sample/floor model dress at the full price.
In conclusion, I’d stay far the heck away from this place.
Post # 3
I ordered my dress from them for my wedding next June. Maybe I should pick it up when it comes in and have my alterations done elsewhere???
Post # 4
@donna_saur: If your alterations are simple, like if the dress MOSTLY fits, I’m sure their seamstress would be fine. She was actually the nicest person at the salon. But if it comes in and you are like “this is WHACK,” yes, find someone else.
Post # 5
@donna_saur: I am so sorry you had such a bad experience there! You should see if they can refund part of the cost due to your bad experience.
@distracts: I bought my dress there but I opted to have the alterations done by Becky Fowler instead. I highly highly recommend her– She is great and cheaper than the salon.
Post # 6
@HobbyLobbyist: I think you got us backwards! I am 9 months out, so I have some time between when my dress comes in and when I need the alterations done. I also live may another city with my wedding happening in my home state (LA), so I may find someone there if the alterations get extensive. Thanks for the warnings and suggestions, both of ya!
Post # 7
Post # 8
I also had the worst experience here..from losing my dress, to custom sizing not being done, to losing my bm dresses..it was awful. The girls that work there are incredibly rude as well!
Post # 9
@distracts: not sure if you’re still on here!!! But get this – my dress came in AND THEY NEVER CONTACTED ME. I remember you saying this happened to you, so I wanted to back it up. I found out when someone called to tell me I still owed on my dress and it needed to be paid. BEFORE I’VE EVEN SEEN IT! And before I even knew it came in.
i was even more peeved when the message I got said she knew I had been contacted when my dress came in… Ummmmmmmm. NO, I didn’t know it was in!
I’m a little frustrated. It COULD be an oversight. But I thought I would share since my story seems to echo yours so far.
Post # 10
- Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX
Wanted to share my friend’s story. She ordered her dress from here and it came in used and dirty. There was makeup stains on the inside and the outside looked yellowed and used. Lulus tried to blame the designer and wouldn’t take responsibility or give her a refund. She’s still fighting with them about getting her money back, but in the mean time ordered the same dress from another boutique so it would arrive in time for her May wedding. Such a nightmare!