- 6 years ago
@gcbk: I can hook you up with a bunch of leads and suggestions – want to PM me?
A few off the top of my head:
– Sunborn Gardens flower stand from the farmers’ market is doing our flowers – Carole is great! We also looked at the florist at Metcalfe Sentry, and their prices were very competitive.
– for invitations et al., talk to Amy at Bob’s Copy Shop. She helped us create lovely and very affordable invitations and response cards.
– we got our rings through Jewelers’ Workshop. We skipped the diamond and opted to just do a pair of custom wedding bands instead, and they did some really fabulous work for us. Studio Jewelers was the other option we were considering. They carry some really lovely work, too.
– I can also give you leads on a couple of photographers who do nice work at reasonable rates.
– instead of floral centerpieces, we went to Johannsen’s Greenhouse and got little foil-wrapped potted plants. They were only a few dollars each, and they are doing double-duty as centerpieces and favors – we’re inviting guests to take them home at the end of the night.
– if you haven’t found a gown yet, keep an eye on the Brides Against Breast Cancer website. I got my gown from them when they were in the Twin Cities back in March, and they will be in Chicago the first weekend in October. I’m sure at some point they will come to Milwaukee, if not to Madison.
Update – Brides Against Breast Cancer is coming to Milwaukee in late January! Check them out!
my budget is 2,500 PVM me if you need help.
flowers- DIY paper or foam or wood- lots of cute cheap ideas. or something like wheat ?
don’t do a formal theam.
search long and hard for a sale dress or something. dont buy under garmets- slips and bras and such in the store- or veils- buy online like ebay classifides.
check out my post help me help my sister for good sites
food- cake and punch my friend cake and punch- or pot luck or desert bar.a
do your wedding at non feeding time of day like ceremony 1 reception right after or wedding 7 reception right after.
when ever your circle won’t be expecting a meal.
photgrapher search e-bay and facebook or post flyers at your community college.
make sure you cover every detail- how many pictures you get for the price- how many hours how many cameras etc and get it all in contract.
I second Carol and Sunborn Gardens – she did simple centerpieces, my bouquet, and five bouts/corsages for about $200 total. You can get vases by the dozen at Dollar Tree and they’re actually better quality than many that are more expensive. I just told Carol what size my vases were and she made the centerpiece bouquets to fit.
Our photographer was Marte Haggerty of Photos by Marte. She did a good job and gave us a CD with all the images so we could get them printed wherever we wanted.
The topic ‘** Madison, WI Wedding on a Budget! Need some Suggestions! :)’ is closed to new replies.