(Closed) Maggie Sottero Fall 2011 Online NOW

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Yay! I was wondering when she’d come out with new gowns. 🙂 I can’t wait to see them!

Post # 4
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

It seems like there’s a bit of movement away from mermaid/trumpet gowns as there wasn’t as many this time around as last season.

ETA: Lots of lace too! Most of the dresses have a lot going on. I’m all for the drama but I’m not all that impressed this time around. Nothing that makes me want to rush to the store to try something on.

Post # 6
1679 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Maggie Sottero isn’t a person, though…right?  I have never found any reference to a designer named Maggie Sottero.  It’s just a company…which I think is why Maggie Sottero dresses are sometimes identical to those with other labels.  It’s a company that buys designers and produces wedding gowns.

Post # 7
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

First reaction = meh.

I see a bit of Pnina in many of these, and good lord could they try to capture the fast trends anymore?  There are very few simple gowns in this collection… TONS of feathers/rosettes/ruffles/embellishment.  I’m a little disappointed.

Also, are they serious with this dress?

Post # 9
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@KristenGotMarried:  I agree definitely MEH.  I am glad that there are no dresses that will give me dress regret tho!

Post # 10
1684 posts
Bumble bee

it’s just a knock off of Sunday Rose. 

Way to be original, Maggie.

First reactions were that none of them really grabbed my attention and made me want to check it out in a bigger window …. not really my style. Too much FROOF and heavy on the trends. Disappointing!

Post # 11
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Disappointed with this collection. It has a lot of Vera “knock offs” for lack of a better word.

And a lot of the dresses just suffer from “Too Much” syndrome to me! It’s like they are pretty dresses, but they couldn’t resist throwing more and more crap on them! Especially with such textured bottoms, I’m a major advocate for less on top.

Lots of crumb catchers too, which are not my fave neckline.

Post # 12
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Agree with most of you…Not at all impressed. WAY too much going on!!

Post # 13
1550 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

WOW, there is just SO MUCH going on in all the gowns. What ever happened to classic simplicity?

Post # 14
299 posts
Helper bee

I’m not very impressed either. Many of these gowns resemble, the “Summer” and “Sabelle” from previous collections. A lot to me just look like older dresses with different belts or pickups in other places. I was really hoping for some options with sleeves or for more timeless stuff, and 95% are sleeveless. I’m surprised after the Royal Wedding there are none insprired by Kates dress. You guys are right on those knock off Sunday Rose design still being overplayed. Too many pickups and frou-frou skirts for me.

Post # 15
2775 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Do not like.  I’m not generally a fan of Maggie Sottero dresses (I like classic silhouettes, clean lines, and minimal embellishment and MS is the antithesis thereof), but these are almost like MS has parodied itself.

Sorry, I’m a hater.  🙁

Post # 16
1087 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Meh. The whole massive flower things reminds me of the very early 90s. Not feeling it.

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Fall 2011 Online NOW’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors