(Closed) Maggie Sottero Gatsby vs Oleg Cassini CT314

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I prefer the Gatsby. You have a great figure and it really flatters it. I also think that gatsby would do great for an outdoor wedding.

Post # 4
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think both look good, I do like the Oleg a little more though b/c its more bridal/formal.

Post # 5
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Gatsby is really really stunning, but has a very vintage feel to it. The Oleg dress is also very beautiful, but a very traditional run of the mill wedding dress. They are 2 totally different looks.

One is very glamourous and statement-y and will look stunning outside with hanging candles and soft lighting- ooh boy it will sparkle, and will be very memorable

and the other is very bridey- and simple, you can be sure everyone will like it bc its pretty, but will not have the WOW factor of the other dress.

You need to decided what type of feel you are going to plan on evoking with your decor and overall theme. Also, if you are the type of person who wants to reflect a little bit of your personality in your dress. If you think you want to pull through a sort of soft and glamourous vintage type feel theres no question- gatsby alllllll the way,

but if you want to go very understated and simple elegance the Oleg does it for you.

Post # 6
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I like the first one better

Post # 7
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I like the gatsby better- I think it looks great on your figure and it is far more memorable than the other one.  The first one is nice, but it just doens’t seem very special to me.  That said, you should follow your heart on this- you don’t want to have any regrets!

Post # 8
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I completely agree with what stormala said. While they both look beautiful on you (you have a great figure) I LOVE the gatsby!! It def. has the WOW factor!

Post # 9
2201 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I like the vintage one – I think that you’ll like it on a hot day outside over the heavier “more bridal” dress.

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2009

i will have to go with the Gatsby. call me biased, but i love that dress. i actually wore it on my wedding day back in sept 2009.

take a look at this link. it is me in an my husband on our wedding day. the dress is on the designers website.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/viewBride.aspx?Id=8516&backUrl=%2fdress.aspx%3fstyle%3dJ1205LU

take a look at the other brides who picked gatsby. the gatsby dress is unique and it is very elegant looking. they are two different looks you got going on.

it is ultimately how you feel in the dress. i fell in love with gatsby the momnent i tried it on. you are going to have to wear it and i think you should go with what your gut tells you.

best of luck

Cari Ann

Post # 11
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

OOHHH I love the Gatsby! It is my dream dress! I didnt have the figure for the drop waist but ooohh I LOVE that dress!!!!! Go for it, it looks great on you!

Post # 12
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

The second one looks STUNNING on you.  The first one is nice, but there’s no “wow” factor.

Post # 13
1399 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m going to have to chime in and say the Gatsby as well!  I just bought her and I’m so excited! It has the sparkle, lace, its so unique and beautiful. Is it the sheath style you have a problem with maybe? Have you tried adding a skirt underneath?

Post # 14
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

The second one rocks your figure and it is REALLY beautiful and different.

The first one makes your hops look wider than they are. I don’t get that silver part- right where your hips are, just draw the eye to that area. I think that style would look good on a woman who had huge boobs she is trying to take away from.

I wish I were tall enough to wear that second dress!

Post # 15
1399 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

meno, I’m only 4’11”, and I thought I looked beautiful in it! That little strap on the bottom makes the drop waist much more obvious than it is without it. I also added a beaded sash to create an empire waist, and it evened the whole dress out! Don’t think you can’t wear that dress, if you haven’t tried it on, go find one!

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Gatsby vs Oleg Cassini CT314’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors