maggie sottero spring 2014

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
103 posts
Blushing bee

I am so excited about this collection! I will be picking my dress this year and I am love with pretty much all of them!

I also would love to know when we should expect to see them in stores!

Post # 6
179 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I tried Britannia on a few weeks ago at a trunk show. My sister and Dad both think it’s the one!!

my only problem with it was the bust area…I’m worried because it has a low back that I wont be supported and comfertable up front?
I’m wondering if anyone has any advise or thoughts on this?

Post # 7
3955 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@autumnsij:   I saw several of the new Maggie dresses at a store near me and they are stunning!!  Just fabulous details!!   

Post # 9
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@autumnsij:  The Brittania is beautiful!  Exactly what I wanted in a dress but they didn’t have it when I ordered last month at my store. I wanted to wait until the 2014 dresses came in before buying, as they announced the line the week I bought my dress, but our store said after they get the 2014 dresses in, which was still a couple months away, to order one would take 7-8 months, so it would be too close to our wedding day in September.   I couldn’t even consider it, and I didn’t feel it right to pay a rush when other dresses come so much quicker.

I ended up ordering a Watters dress instead since they take 4 months, not 8.  Maybe the Maggies just take awhile to come into Canada? I don’t know. But the Maggies I tried were very nice!

I tried the Lorie on a couple of times, and it was one of my contenders for sure.  It was light, and I loved the bust in it.  It was in my top 3 for dresses!

I look forward to seeing pics of all you ladies in the new dresses!!

Do you think you’d get the ombre or the solid color ones?  Both look beautiful!

Post # 12
179 posts
Blushing bee

@autumnsij:  the 2 dresses I keep trying to decide between are Emma and britannia too!!

i like the fit of one better on me and I like the lace on the other better. It’s a super tough decision. My wedding is in August 2014 and I’m hoping to have my dress chosen this wk.

Post # 14
179 posts
Blushing bee

Here’s me in Emma, it’s not pulled tight or done up in the back but you get the picture

Post # 16
179 posts
Blushing bee

@autumnsij:  personally I liked the fit of Emma better. It didnt dip as low in the back so I felt more held in up top. The britannia was a large dress and they couldnt pull it tight to show me because there is no back to where the bust iis. The shape of britannia is much more flattering also I think because it hugs the hips where Emma doesn’t. But I prefer the bust of Emma much more and the slim a line is still flattering. I like the solid lace of britannia much better though. So it’s incredibly hard to choose!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors