- 6 years ago
Do you have pictures? From the way you describe the addition it sounds like it’s going to be a major issue. I would have a issue with that.
Plus privacy issues with french doors. At least in a hotel or catering halll there is more separation.
can you visit the venue when they have two weddings going on? It will give you a better idea of the space & noise issues
I dont have pictures unfortunately…there are separate entrances for both receptions. the french doors open up to a small hallway, another door, and then the other reception venue. there is an upstairs for our dinner and a downstairs for our dancing..kind of cut off and not one bing room, but that was okay. until now, that theres another reception next to us 🙁
Also, they will not have 2 receptions going on in the future. The owner said he is honoring people that already rented our space but will only rent out the newly constructed space from now on
Take a look at your contract and call and complain. Explain that you were given the impression that the space would be an addition to yours if completed in time and that’s why you booked this barn. Explain to him your concerns and see if there is another night when two weddings are going on that you can stop by and visit to see the space with 2 meddings. Maybe it won’t be so bad. Maybe the other ceremony is an indoor ceremony. Maybe they’re adding a 2nd ceremony space? Don’t freak out until you get all the answers first and then come back for more advice.
I would complain, possible have the owner switch dates for the other couple, or even for you, you are lucky in the fact that most popular date for fall weddings is oct and sept so he may have some wiggle room. What he is doing isn’t fair at all.
Oh AND the other couple is apparently a “friend” of his family or so he said…
I sent an email to outline the noise issues just now. There is no way he’ll switch dates I’m sure 🙁
Our Save-The-Date Cards went out with our date and city (not location) I’m set on my date so nothing I can do. I highly doubt he will give us our deposit back and with 4 mothns, how will i find a new venue? 🙁
I’m so so upset 🙁
Well that’s the issue right there; it’s the owner’s friend or family. They wouldn’t make exceptions like that for anyone else. I suggest looking to see what you can get elsewhere and possibly change the venue. You’re probably not going to get good service that night if the owner’s friend/family is holding an event there as well because they will be the priority. He’s probably doing it for free or a huge discount for the friend/family since he’s already rented part of the space out to you. You can always send out new save the dates if you find a venue in another city. I wouldn’t put up with it and once all the details are ironed out (i.e. after your wedding regardless of what you decide) I would post scathing but honest reviews about this business practice.
Thank you so much ladies. Yes, terrible business practices. I will wait to see what his answers are to my questions. But I’ll start calling other places now…
Luckily we bring in our own caterers, so I know we will get outstanding service in that sense. My fiance is dead set on not getting a new place since we will prob lose our deposit. But I may not have another choice..
I am definitely freaking out right now!!
The topic ‘Major issues with our venue and our wedding is a few months away..please help!’ is closed to new replies.