(Closed) March 14, 2014! Finally an OFFICIAL date!

posted 4 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@nurselove:  Hi!! I just saw you are getting married March 14th or 2014! I am too! 🙂 hows wedding planning going so far?

Post # 5
247 posts
Helper bee

I just saw this too! Our wedding is March 14th, 2014 too! I always see the 15th, but not the 14th! Yay date twins!

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee

Hi date twin!!! How’s it going? How are your wedding plans coming?! 🙂 congrats by the way I think the 14th is the perfect day! 3-14-14 has a nice ring to it!

Post # 7
247 posts
Helper bee

@TheFutureMrs-H: Hey there! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner—I’m so bad at remembering to check the threads I post in. Wedding planning is, well, planning. haha I am just not in the mood to plan right now and I think that is because I looked at wedding stuff like crazy before we were engaged. I have most of the big stuff out of the way (venue, dress, photographer, catering, florist, cake/pies) I need to figure out the wedding party attire and a DJ really soon. 

Where are you at with planning?!

Post # 8
718 posts
Busy bee

We had to avoid March 14th (it’s the FI’s b-day), but it’s a pretty great date 🙂

Post # 9
1980 posts
Buzzing bee

I am a 3/14/14 bride!!! I’m so excited! I was intially worried because it is on a Friday night and semi-destination (about a 1.5 hour drive), but we are teachers and most of our friends are too and 3/14 falls during our Spring Break.

We have had a great RSVP response so far, with about a 70% acceptance rate!

Post # 11
1980 posts
Buzzing bee

@nurselove:  We have only gotten about 1/3 of our RSVP’s back, but our deadline is 2/14 so hopefully we will get a few more this week.

We are not doing favors at all, so I don’t have that to worry about.

I still have some DIY to finish, namely:

• Assembling programs
  • Finish gold-leafing votive candles for the tables (I have done half, but still need to do 36 of them)
  • Assemble and write out place cards
  • Print and emboss about 20 more menus (I have done 85 so far)
  • Finalize menu choices for guests (waiting on RSVP’s to do this)
  • Order cupcakes for Rehearsal dinner
  • Figure out decor for Rehearsal dinner (small arrangements for tables)
  • Shop for some last minute cheap dresses and a swimsuit cover up for the honeymoon
  • Box and sort table decor by table (# of candles, chargers, press table runners, etc)

I hope everything else is going great for you guys! We are down to the wire now!!!

Post # 13
1980 posts
Buzzing bee

@nurselove:  I don’t think I am getting them a true gift. I am paying for hair and makeup which is coming to about $100 each for the girls, plus lunch and breakfast the day of. I was going to order robes but I am a size 14 and I’m worried the one-size fits all won’t fit ME, and then all my bridesmaids will have robes and I won’t! Lol.

So I think just hair and makeup and that’s it. Sometimes I think bridal party gifts, favors, bathroom baskets, etc. have all gotten a little out of hand. People didn’t used to do all that stuff and it was fine, right?

The topic ‘March 14, 2014! Finally an OFFICIAL date!’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors