March 14, 2014! Finally an OFFICIAL date!

posted 3 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@nurselove:  Hi!! I just saw you are getting married March 14th or 2014! I am too! 🙂 hows wedding planning going so far?

Post # 5
247 posts
Helper bee

I just saw this too! Our wedding is March 14th, 2014 too! I always see the 15th, but not the 14th! Yay date twins!

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee

Hi date twin!!! How’s it going? How are your wedding plans coming?! 🙂 congrats by the way I think the 14th is the perfect day! 3-14-14 has a nice ring to it!

Post # 7
247 posts
Helper bee

@TheFutureMrs-H: Hey there! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner—I’m so bad at remembering to check the threads I post in. Wedding planning is, well, planning. haha I am just not in the mood to plan right now and I think that is because I looked at wedding stuff like crazy before we were engaged. I have most of the big stuff out of the way (venue, dress, photographer, catering, florist, cake/pies) I need to figure out the wedding party attire and a DJ really soon. 

Where are you at with planning?!

Post # 8
720 posts
Busy bee

We had to avoid March 14th (it’s the FI’s b-day), but it’s a pretty great date 🙂

Post # 9
1992 posts
Buzzing bee

I am a 3/14/14 bride!!! I’m so excited! I was intially worried because it is on a Friday night and semi-destination (about a 1.5 hour drive), but we are teachers and most of our friends are too and 3/14 falls during our Spring Break.

We have had a great RSVP response so far, with about a 70% acceptance rate!

Post # 11
1992 posts
Buzzing bee

@nurselove:  We have only gotten about 1/3 of our RSVP’s back, but our deadline is 2/14 so hopefully we will get a few more this week.

We are not doing favors at all, so I don’t have that to worry about.

I still have some DIY to finish, namely:

• Assembling programs
  • Finish gold-leafing votive candles for the tables (I have done half, but still need to do 36 of them)
  • Assemble and write out place cards
  • Print and emboss about 20 more menus (I have done 85 so far)
  • Finalize menu choices for guests (waiting on RSVP’s to do this)
  • Order cupcakes for Rehearsal dinner
  • Figure out decor for Rehearsal dinner (small arrangements for tables)
  • Shop for some last minute cheap dresses and a swimsuit cover up for the honeymoon
  • Box and sort table decor by table (# of candles, chargers, press table runners, etc)

I hope everything else is going great for you guys! We are down to the wire now!!!

Post # 13
1992 posts
Buzzing bee

@nurselove:  I don’t think I am getting them a true gift. I am paying for hair and makeup which is coming to about $100 each for the girls, plus lunch and breakfast the day of. I was going to order robes but I am a size 14 and I’m worried the one-size fits all won’t fit ME, and then all my bridesmaids will have robes and I won’t! Lol.

So I think just hair and makeup and that’s it. Sometimes I think bridal party gifts, favors, bathroom baskets, etc. have all gotten a little out of hand. People didn’t used to do all that stuff and it was fine, right?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors