March 15, 2014

posted 3 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hi date twin! We had the same concern about invitations. Did you send out Save the Dates? If so, I really don’t think sending invitations earlier is the answer. They’ll still get swallowed in the holiday excitement/mail rush, plus I find people are reluctant to plan for things that aren’t until next year (even if “next year” is only 2 weeks away!).

We’re planning on sending out our invitations right after New Year’s day – so January 2nd, 2.5 months out from our date. Our RSVP date will be either Feb 7th or 14th, haven’t decided yet. Our final numbers are due Feb 28th, so we want to make sure we have plenty of time to track down late RSVPs. I think this will be plenty of time for people to get the invitations and RSVP 🙂

Post # 4
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Glen Sanders Mansion

We are getting married March 29, and we are sending the invites out the first week of January.  We don’t want them lost in the holiday shuffle.  That still gives you about 2.5 months, which is plenty of time!  Like @missmess said, if you are doing STDs, your guests will be well aware of the wedding date 🙂

Post # 6
4601 posts
Honey bee

I plan on sending mine out in January or February just to avoid the Christmas hustle and bustle. 

Post # 7
551 posts
Busy bee

@violetskies:  date twin! 

i haven’t sent my STDs out yet 🙁 ahhhhhhh. i was going to by october. 

Post # 9
417 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married the 29th of March and we’re aiming to send out our invites at the beginning of November so they don’t get caught up in the Christmas cards.  We’re sending out in November and asking that RSVPs be in by mid January.

Post # 11
225 posts
Helper bee

Date twin!!:) I sent my save the dates out last week , they’ve all already been recieved. I am sending out my invitations the second week in january and an RSVP date of February 14th.i think a month is more then enough time to check yes or no and make a decision lol a lot of my ordering for things like my candy buffet, alcohol purchasing etc will be based on rsvps so I want them 3-4 weeks before hand. I have had my venue for 3 months, I wanted that first to make sure I had the date I wanted and secured. Then I hired my photographer, dj, caterer . Got our discount group rate locked in with thehotel and then lastly i found my dress (it seems compared to others i did the dress part backwards? lol) and we are going to our cake meeting this Friday. March is crazyherefor weddings so by me getting everything done so early I was able to get exactly the vendors I wanted 🙂 I am currently working on finding the florist I want for my bouquet. 

Post # 12
225 posts
Helper bee

I also have my bridal accessories , bridesmaids shoes and dresses , bridesmaids giftsca everything for the candy bar purchased (except candy) and the labels decorated, Chinese takeout boxes decorated. All mt centerpieces items purchased other then the flowers, invitations picked out and table runners purchased. I feel like I have listed a lot but my to do list is three times as long…..!!!

Post # 13
1835 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I love your  choice of date, ladies 😉 Just wanted to tell yall to enjoy your special day!

Post # 14
551 posts
Busy bee

fun!!!  

so far i have my dress, bridesmaids are ordering their dresses this week, venue, caterer, block of rooms at hotel, a good amount of decor, a cake designer picked-just have to go for tasting, hopefully pick out suits this month…save the dates will go out in a few weeks (ordering now…a little late, hah), the musician, maybe the photographer….

phew! 

Post # 15
189 posts
Blushing bee

@violetskies:  Hi we are date twins! I can’t wait..curious what are your colors? I just sent out the save the dates, and next will be invitations which will go out after holidays cause you are right holiday time is a bit crazy

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors