(Closed) March 19th, 2011

posted 7 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Me! I picked the venue and am about to sign the contract. Also have an idea of which photographer and make up artist, but haven’t booked anything yet!

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee

Yay me too!  I feel like I’m getting off to a slow start.  We’ve booked our reception and ceremony venues and that’s about it.  We’re about to sign the contract for the photographer but right now I’m researching videographers and makeup artists.  

Post # 5
1161 posts
Bumble bee

I’m a March 19 bride! 

So far I’ve chosen a venue, then changed my mind and chosen another venue, then changed my mind and am considering the first venue again.

Bridesmaids dresses are bought and in the BM hands (clearance at JCrew…YAY!)

Save the dates (most of our guests will be traveling) are in and addressed, waiting  to be mailed after I finally decide on venue.

Frames for my photo centerpieces bought.

FI wedding band bought (I’m just using my engagment ring as a wedding band)

Photographer picked out, but only email contact so far.

I feel like I should have more done, but of course this venue thing is the most pressing.  I’m planning from afar, which isn’t helping matters any…

Post # 6
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Hello Ladies! Just got engaged last Friday and we want a quick engagement… so far progress for one week, the date, and the Church and the Reception Venue have been chosen! We haven’t signed contracts for the Reception yet, we probably will Monday… YEAY! HOW FUN!

Post # 7
2250 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I was a March 20 bride this year- IT IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR! Our wedding day was perfect and I’m sure march 2011 will be too!

Post # 8
1161 posts
Bumble bee

Thanks vistagirl.  I’m nervous because the weather in Oklahoma could literally do ANYTHING on March 19 (could have an ice storm, could be 120 degrees in the shade, could even have a tornado)…but it’s my nieces spring break and I couldn’t possibly have a wedding without them so here I am a March Bride!

Post # 9
187 posts
Blushing bee

Wow, soonerbride, you’re on top of things! I’m a March 5 2011 bride and you have WAY more stuff done than I do! I better get on the ball!! 🙂

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee

I’m a March 19, 2011 bride and I am so excited. So far I have the ceremony venue, reception venue, photographer, videographer, and wedding dress. Right now I’m working on my save the dates. I am so excited but at the same time I am starting to feel a little stressed when I think of all the little details I have to take care of.

Post # 11
1161 posts
Bumble bee

Okay…I have completely committed to both a ceremony and reception venue (a huge relief to get that done).  I mailed my STDs last week because it’s spring break and we have a lot of people who will have to travel.  My original photog cancelled on me, but I’ve found a new one that I like better, so that worked out.  Working on the room blocks now.

We’ll head to Oklahoma in early September to do cake tasting, premarital counseling,  and to pick out a rehearsal dinner spot.  I would really just like a low key, cheap RD, but FMIL is excited about planning it, so I’ll just let her do whatever.

The part of this whole process that I’m least interested in is picking out a dress.  Haven’t done that yet, and actually really dreading it.

Post # 12
293 posts
Helper bee

soonerbride, why are you dreading dress shopping?

I’m a March 19th bride also! 🙂 So far I have venue, caterer, bartender, photography, florist and bakery all booked.

Centerpieces are provided by venue, bridesmaids dresses picked out but not purchased, bridsmaid ceremony and reception shoes purchased, my reception shoes purchased, dress and ceremony shoes picked out.

Invitations purchased, save the dates purchased and working on getting addresses currently.

I know I’ve done other stuff, but I can’t think of them at the moment!

242 days and counting!

Post # 13
1161 posts
Bumble bee

angela, I don’t love shopping and I’d say I have some body image issues, so dress shopping sounds awful.

Have you printed your invitiations already? 

Post # 14
293 posts
Helper bee

No, not yet.  We are going to start printing them in September, after all the save the dates are sent.

I have body image issues too, and that’s why I’ve been looking online!  I just look for ones that accentuate the good and hide the bad.  🙂

Post # 15
1032 posts
Bumble bee

I was TOTALLY dreading my dress shopping, and it was so much fun and it went SO well! I bought my dress already! What styles are you looking at?

Post # 16
1161 posts
Bumble bee

Sweetpea:

Glad to hear it went well for you.  That gives me hope.

I’m looking for an inexpensive dress, first and foremost.  I’m pearshaped, so I think probably a line.  I would prefer sleeves, but of course those are hard to find these days….I’ve set my head on going shoppin in midseptember, so we’ll see how it goes 🙂 

The topic ‘March 19th, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors