(Closed) March 20, 2010–7 months to go!

posted 9 years ago in March 2010
Post # 3
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

Hi!  I too am a March 20, 2010 bride!  Everything is going well.  The dress is in my closet; invitations ordered; tuxes registered for; games being made; photography, catering, baker, venue, MC/DJ, honeymoon, and flowers are booked.  DIY projects are mounting, but under control.  I feel like I/we’ve done so much, but there is still so much left to do!  breathe…just breathe…  haha!

Post # 4
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

so while i’m not a march 20, 2010 bride, i just HAD to chime in and say that ya’ll are getting married on the coolest day ever… because it’s my birthday, haha!

good luck with all of your planning!! and may ya’ll have a wonderful day!! Laughing

Post # 6
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

@ScotIrishGirl: You have your dress already?! WOW! I am buying mine this weekend. 🙂

SOOOOOOOOOO excited!! We had to backtrack on one item that we had already booked (changed our mind about the officiant), but other than that we are all on schedule.

Post # 7
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I just booked my flight home home to go looking for dresses with my mom and sister!!! SO excited… We haven’t been doing much wedding-y lately. We move the end of next month so the search/pack has been consuming us.

Post # 8
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

@scotirishgirl: you’re in my hometown!!! how cool is that?! it looks like you ladies have everything well under control!!!

Post # 9
98 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2008

@marigold: Yeah, I got lucky with my dress!  I found it at a huge bridal shop in Arkansas during an even larger sale!  I got it for half off! Laughing  And I am getting soo excited!  We got engaged last October; so, I’ve had PLENTY of time to think about everything – probably too much for my personality! 

@crebre80: Yep in Memphis right now, but I’m getting married on the Mississippi Gulf Coast (which is where I’m originally from).  I’m here going to grad school.  Isn’t it cool to find/discover all these connections though to the other bees?!  Small world, huh?

Best wishes to all!!

Post # 10
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

Shopping for my dress TODAY! AH! So excited!

Post # 11
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

i just commented to my boyfriend that we’re 7 months away!! hm, he didn’t seem to care too much. we’re sending out our save the dates next month and i’m pretty excited.

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee

Hey thats my date too.  Wow scotirishgirl…you have a lot done. I have not booked or bought anything. I only know what I want though. LOL! I was going to put a deposit on the dress I want this month but I’m afraid. I want everything to be just right so I have alot of hesitation. I mainly have a hesitation because I’m  thinking should I spend this much on certain things? I’m excited to know you guys are having your wedding on that day also that way I can see your progress and if I’m behind!

Post # 13
250 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe we’re at seven months!!  That seems crazy.

The 8-month post inspired me to send out my save-the-dates (via e-mail) a few weeks ago.  I also got our wedding website up and running.  Thanks, March bees!

I also bought my dress, and am now thinking about my MOH and flowergirl dresses.  Also having a hard time figuring out colors.  Haven’t booked a florist yet, either.  Anybody have any good links to inspiration board webpages?

Good luck, ladies!

Post # 14
64 posts
Worker bee

@HighlyFavored – you should definitely go ahead and order your dress. At the 7 month mark (eeek!) you are cutting it a bit close. I know that sounds a little crazy, but all of the “official” checklists (e.g. the knot) say to order your dress as soon as you know what you want.

Plus you don’t want to end up in the situation I am in where the shop I ordered my dress from closed! Luckily, I was able to transfer my contract to another shop, but that took a lot of leg work that you might not have time for when you get a little closer to the date..

Post # 15
28 posts
Newbee

I have the save the dates, going to shop for veils next weekend. We have the ceremony/reception place booked. Spoke to the florist that i am pretty sure we are going to end up going with. Dang less than seven months

Post # 16
1080 posts
Bumble bee

So fun! I am also 3/20/10 I cant believe that we have hit the 6 mo mark! I feel like we have gotten a bunch done but there is still WAY more to do 😀

The topic ‘March 20, 2010–7 months to go!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors