(Closed) March 2011 brides – How is your planning going? – Update

posted 8 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

You are doing great! I am planning on really getting some things nailed down on the week I have off between semesters at the end of April.

We’ve already booked our:

1. Ceremony: Our church

2. Reception: The Taproom at Dubsdread

3. Officiant

4: Caterer: The Taproom at Dubsdread

5. Photographer

6: DJ: we are meeting with him to get the contract during my week off.

7. Music for ceremony: my cousin is playing the piano for us

8. And the guys clothing have been decided- slight changes in vest color depending on the girls dresses.

9. Centerpieces for the tables: DIY

I am planning once all my girls finish up their classes to get them to all go try on dresses to find the one for them to wear. I thought we had the dresses, and ended up having some fitting issues and had to return them. So we are planning to go to David’s Bridal and Alfred Angelo since they carry such a large range of sizes.

I’ve been to a few stores trying on dresses for myself, but nothing wow-ed me just yet. But my mom and I are planning on going the week I have off school.

A few little other things have been done, but the big things I was most concerned about are all coming together well.

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee

Your DIY list looks like mine. Once August comes and I am officially done with school- woohoo! I will get started on all my DIY stuff!

Post # 6
1805 posts
Buzzing bee

I have chosen the venue, the lodging (we are marrying out of state) for ourselves and guests… hopefully renting an entire guest house.  Think I have music figured out.  Still working on my dress, everyone else’s attire, and where to have a reception/dinner.

Also still working on travel plans (fly or drive?) and flowers (just bouquet and boutonierre issues, can’t decorate the church we are using)…

Biggest issue is money for us at this point, to put down deposits… we are doing this very frugally but have to wait for cash to actually secure reservations and such.

The topic ‘March 2011 brides – How is your planning going? – Update’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors