Post # 1
Just had to update this for my benefit, so that I can actually see that I am accoplishing something.
- Venue – Ceremony – Thornewood Castle – http://www.thornewoodcastle.com/
- Venue – Reception – Thornewood Castle – http://www.thornewoodcastle.com/
- Officiant – Son – Pastor Joshua – the other one had to go, since my son wanted to step in
- Caterer – undecided – appointments set for April 17th & April 24th – more need to be set up
- Floral for ceremony and reception- Thornewood Castle – http://www.thornewoodcastle.com/
- Photography – Monica & Sonny – http://www.familyaffairphotography.com/index.html
- DJ/Jazz Band – Reception – Pete Leinnonen – http://www.originalcast.com/salonduswing.htm – will sign contract next month, but have our date reserved
- Harpist – Ceremony – Tiffany – http://www.harpingalong.net
- Prelude and Postlude left up to Tiffany
- Hymne – Vangelis – For the Bride
- Canon in D for Wedding Party
- Beauty and the Beast for the Unity Candle and the signing of the license
- Gone with the Wind for the Recessional
- Linens – Crystal – http://trendyeventrentals.com/
- Hair – undecided
- Makeup – undecided
- Nails – Fingers & Toes – Pink on Pink – undecided
- Gown – Lady Margaret’s in Puyallup
- Tuxes – Men’s Wearhouse in Puyallup
- Cake – Mike – April 10th appointment – rescheduled due time conflict
- Wedding Planner – Nancy – http://simplycelebrations.com/
Post # 3
You are doing great! I am planning on really getting some things nailed down on the week I have off between semesters at the end of April.
We’ve already booked our:
1. Ceremony: Our church
2. Reception: The Taproom at Dubsdread
4: Caterer: The Taproom at Dubsdread
6: DJ: we are meeting with him to get the contract during my week off.
7. Music for ceremony: my cousin is playing the piano for us
8. And the guys clothing have been decided- slight changes in vest color depending on the girls dresses.
9. Centerpieces for the tables: DIY
I am planning once all my girls finish up their classes to get them to all go try on dresses to find the one for them to wear. I thought we had the dresses, and ended up having some fitting issues and had to return them. So we are planning to go to David’s Bridal and Alfred Angelo since they carry such a large range of sizes.
I’ve been to a few stores trying on dresses for myself, but nothing wow-ed me just yet. But my mom and I are planning on going the week I have off school.
A few little other things have been done, but the big things I was most concerned about are all coming together well.
Post # 4
You are doing wonderful g8girl!!!
I am doing a lot of DIY stuff along with the items listed above. It feels great to get things done. I am hoping to have at least 99% of everything done 6 months prior to the wedding.
Here is my DIY list.
- Belly Bands
- Reception Cards
- Music Request Cards
- Escort/Place Cards
- Table Names/Numbers – in process
- Napkin Rings
- Boutonnieres X 7
- Bouquet for me
- Fans or bouquets X 2
- Corsages X 2
- Pomanders X 8 – Done
- WE DO letters – Done
- Card Box – Done
- Ring Box – Done
- Post Cards for Card Box
- Matron of Honor Gown – in process
- Lady of Honor Gown – in process
- Matron of Honor Bolero
- Lady of Honor Bolero
- Matron of Honor Necklace – Done
- Lady of Honor Necklace – Done
- Matron of Honor Bracelet – Done
- Lady of Honor Bracelet – – Done
- Matron of Honor Earrings – Done
- Lady of Honor Earrings – Done
- Matron of Honor Fascinator – Felicia
- Lady of Honor Fascinator – Felicia
- Veil for me – in process
- Vanilla favors – in process
- Cookie favors
- Out of Town Bags
Post # 5
Your DIY list looks like mine. Once August comes and I am officially done with school- woohoo! I will get started on all my DIY stuff!
Post # 6
I have chosen the venue, the lodging (we are marrying out of state) for ourselves and guests… hopefully renting an entire guest house. Think I have music figured out. Still working on my dress, everyone else’s attire, and where to have a reception/dinner.
Also still working on travel plans (fly or drive?) and flowers (just bouquet and boutonierre issues, can’t decorate the church we are using)…
Biggest issue is money for us at this point, to put down deposits… we are doing this very frugally but have to wait for cash to actually secure reservations and such.