(Closed) March 2011 Brides?

posted 8 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

12th 2011 is my fiance and my wedding date. I think it is so important to start early, although i have found most places dont like you to go in too early to start booking things…ie flowers and cake. We also have a vedor and caterer which went hand in hand as well. It is so much easier that way.

I am working on some pomander balls…ribbon ones and flower ones.

Good luck on your big day.

Post # 4
337 posts
Helper bee

I was a March 12th, 2011 bride, but we had to move the wedding up one week because the venue we wanted was already booked! So I am now a March 5th, 2011 Bride!

So far we have our ceremony site and officiant. Just need to get back to reception site to sign the proposal for our reception which includes the catering. We’ve bought our invitations- our first diy.

I am still looking at a dress for myself, but I’m almost 100% on my girls dresses. My girls all received my cards asking them to be a BM too!

Our photographer is done too.

Post # 5
15 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on March 12th, 2011 as well. I’m trying to take care of the vendors first. So far, we’ve booked the catering hall, church and band. I’d like to take care of the photographer/videographer and florist next.

I’ve also spent waay too much time online browsing for ideas, but haven’t started any projects yet.

Post # 6
4 posts
Wannabee

Well march is almost a year away and I am so excited to be able to say that.

I’ve been told by some people that it is too early to start doing wedding things but hey, the sooner the better I think…less to worry about. 🙂

Post # 7
337 posts
Helper bee

@Alyssamarie- I thought the same thing, but we actually had to change our wedding date because the original date we wanted (March 12, 2011) was already taken at the reception venue so we are are getting married on March 5, 2011.

Post # 8
15 posts
Newbee

My date is also March 5, 2011.  In Ohio…I have quite a few people wondering, “Why March?!”, especially due to the unpredictable weather….no way of knowing if we’ll get a spring day or a winter day!

What are other March brides doing for colors/themes?  I’d love ideas.  I really like the idea of a very light blue (can work for spring or winter)….and I also love royal blue.

I need help to start planning this wedding!!!  All I have is the chruch and hall.  I’ve done wedding dress shopping, but I haven’t purchased one!

Post # 9
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Congratulations to all the March 2011 brides 🙂

We are getting married on 03/31/11.

I have my dress and we have all of our vendors picked and confirmed, so now I am just concentrating on all of the DIY stuff and paying everyone. We are having an elegant romantic Victorian theme. Our main colors are white, black, gold, celedon, and pink.

Post # 10
1161 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve been engaged for a year, and just picked out date.  We live in New Mexico, are getting married in Oklahoma, and have nieces in Texas.  We chose March 19 because that is the last Friday of their spring break, and so traveling won’t be a big problem for them (a summer wedding was out of the question for me…I hate the heat, and Oklahoma summers are BRUTAL!).

I haven’t really done much yet (other than spending hours on weddingbee).  I’ll be visiting OK next week, and will be looking at venues then.  I have picked out the BM dresses (actually, I sent my sisters to the jcrew website and asked them to pick their favorite, and they actually independently picked the same one, so that was easy!).

It’s the first marriage for both of us, but we are older (I’m 39), and have been dating for 10 years and living together for 7 of those years, so we are planning a small, pretty informal wedding with only immediate family (about 30 people), so I’m hoping that a small wedding will equal low stress planning, but we’ll see!

We’ll have a party with our Albuquerque friends sometime next summer, but I can only plan one thing at a time.

I chose the jcrew clover green for the BM dresses.  I’m thinking about doing silver and eggplant for my other colors, but I’m worried that eggplant will be too dark for the spring (any thoughts on that?).

Looking forward to watching everyone’s plans unfold.

Post # 11
19 posts
Newbee

Hi all!  March 19th bride here!  Congratulations to everyone, and let the countdown begin!  (in a fun, exciting way- not in a “holy crap I have less than a year to do all of this” way!) 

I’m so excited to have found the Wedding Bee and all of you who I will most definitely be bouncing ideas off of in the next year!

Post # 12
293 posts
Helper bee

I’m a March 19th bride also… It’s my fi and i’s anniversary, so it makes sense for us! 🙂 i am deciding on diys and have my photography, baker, venue and caterer and officiant.

Hows everyone’s planning going?

Post # 13
112 posts
Blushing bee

3/12/11… picked a venue/caterer (haven’t signed the contract yet tho); hired the band; bought my dress; booked the synagogue/officiant; set up hotel room blocks; meeting with a photographer this week; planned our honeymoon (still need to book); registered; picked out (but didn’t buy) wedding bands; ordered informal thank you notes; starting design of std’s and invites in the nest 2 weeks. WHEW! now i just need to get back into shape!

Post # 14
1805 posts
Buzzing bee

We are getting married March 17th (most likely, could move up or down a day or two) 2011.

Our wedding will be a pretty simple and small affair so normally I wouldn’t be doing so much at this stage BUT we are marrying in another state, doing all of this work from Texas, so in this case, I feel that it’s never too soon to start figuring things out. 

What sucks is we don’t have any money yet for deposits and such, and because we are marrying in a very very small town I really do NEED to make some reservations ASAP. 

Oh well.  Doing what I can!

Post # 15
166 posts
Blushing bee

March 5, 2011 .bride here!  Getting more excited each day.  We are planning on black and white with green and possibly peacock accents. I think the green is good for the beginning of spring (I like to think of it that way instead of end of winter). 

We have just booked our venue that comes with caterer, ceremony, officiant, DJ and photographer.  Moving right along! And loving every minute of it (almost).

Post # 16
337 posts
Helper bee

Yay! A date twin!

Are you a nurse too? I’m graduating in less than a month from nursing school!

The topic ‘March 2011 Brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors