(Closed) March 2011 – Five months left!

posted 7 years ago in March 2011
Post # 4
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I have basically everything done EXCEPT for the photographer.  I am still desperately trying to find ways to cut corners on this.

Right now I feel like I am in the eye of the storm.  When we first got engaged I worked so hard to find a venue, a dress, a DJ, invites, etc.  As it gets REALLY close I am going to be busy as well.  But right now I feel like I wish I had something I could do to lessen that burden come January.

Post # 5
541 posts
Busy bee

Yeah, I’m totally feeling it! I felt like I was on top of everything but now I feel like there are still so many small decisions to make, and follow-ups on decor, food, flowers, ahhhh! I am still trying to find shoes, linens for the reception, and start designing invitations. I need to talk to the baker about flavors and possibly a groom’s cake, flowers if I go from round tables to rectangular tables, food is still not finalized, nor is schedule. I also need to register my officiant, pick out suits for the guys, start my list of songs and pictures I want taken…. ugh, the list goes on and on! Oh, and look and order wedding bands… I’m sure I’ve forgotten a lot. But with the holidays around the corner, I’m sure there will be even less time to do things since family’s coming and there’ll be traveling, etc. I’m calm on the outside, but my head races with wedding thoughts constantly!

How’s everyone else doing?

Post # 6
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I am feeling the crunch too.

I still have to finish making the girls dresses, programs, menus, oh yeah, hire a caterer, signs for the candy bar, signs for the bathroom baskets and stuff to fill them, pocket squares for the guys, and probably a couple more things that I can’t think of right now.

Post # 7
542 posts
Busy bee

I am feeling pretty great about things! So far, I really only have to send out the invites here in a few months (but I have already designed them.) I need to figure out food and purchase the decorations, but pretty much everything else is already done. That is the benefit of having a small wedding I guess, not as much to do!

Good luck to all of you other March brides!! Now I am just hoping the time flies by!! It seems so far away!

Post # 8
595 posts
Busy bee

I am, I can’t decide on the right flowers,bouquet and bridesmaid, for my march beach wedding, but everything else, is all done, it’s hard when you don’t have much people around to help wi opinion, or to help you pick the right choices, hope you are doing ok whit that.

Post # 10
42 posts
Newbee

March 5th

We’ve done:

my dress, shoes- Still looking for veil / head piece

venue

caterer- menu complete!

photog

dj

ceremony music

flowers

general idea of decor

BM dresses selected, will be ordered this week

picked girls shoes, will order in a month or so

Still to Go

event insurance

I have to make desserts- not gonna happen for a while yet

playlist

guys attire- FI’s suit, ties for guys

not too sure my ringbearers are still in? have to confirm

INVITES!!!

officiant- she is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of- starting to get impatient!

Is there anything I’m missing? 🙂

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’m definately with you, i feel like it’s crunch time and it’s still 5 1/2 months away! But so far Ive gotten :

Photographer, ceremony site,new reception venue booked (we changed it last week),florist is working on centerpieces, dj & lighting is all set,BM dresses& veil.

Still have my cake tasting on Saturday and figure out invites on Monday. Groomsmen attire next month and my dress hasn’t come in yet!

I feel like times flying but yet, it can’t come quick enough! Congrats to all March brides!!!

Post # 12
245 posts
Helper bee

We’re under the five month mark, and I’m starting to get overwhelmed.  We have the big stuff taken care of, but invitations are going to be the end of me!  I just don’t have the motivation to make them, and I can’t find anything (within my budget) that I like!  I feel like the invitations will drive a lot of the other decor decisions, so I really just need to pick something. 

Not to mention in the past two weeks, I’ve attended two funerals of family members, and my FI found out that he may be relocated in November…ugh!

Post # 13
34 posts
Newbee

@mandb122: I am LOSING my mind with stress!! 5 months is SO close and I didn’t even realize it until a friend on twitter, also a March bride, pointed it out!! I feel so good about where I’m at, but we still have so much work to do. I need to get more decor for the wedding, need to get accessories for me, we need to book a honeymoon…I feel like I’m getting lost in this and it’s really stressing me out!

Post # 15
68 posts
Worker bee

Now I’m getting stressed! 

I need:

save-the-dates (A LOT of my guests are OOT)

invites

cake

approve centerpieces

pick menu at reception venue

guys tux’s or suit’s (not sure what they are wearing)

decor

DJ

veil, shoes, alterations (once the dress gets here)

limo

WOW I am now officially freaking out! Surprised

Post # 16
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

I’m feeling the crunch too!!!

I have most of the actual planning complete, and several DIY projects done.  Now, I’m trying desperately to get invitations started.  I did a mock up last night and it took forever (mostly cause I’m being type-A about them haha)… so yeah, gotta get on those.

5 months sounds like a LONG time for me, but at the same time, it’s going to be here before I know it!  It doesn’t feel “real” yet, though.

The topic ‘March 2011 – Five months left!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors