March 2013 babies – Part III

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
176 posts
Blushing bee

Hi ladies! Havent posted much lately,but have been reading up on you all. any other March Mamas team green? 

994 posts
Busy bee

@ctbridetobe:  I’m team green….but only for another week :) I had a dream last night that revolved around finding out the gender, i think, but I can’t remembr it very well right now.

20 weeks today!!!! I can’t believe I’m halfway. Can’t believe it at all!

513 posts
Busy bee

@ctbridetobe:  I’m team green — my anatomy scan is coming up on Monday and I’m SO tempted to find out, but I really want it to be a delivery day surprise, so help me stay strong, haha!

925 posts
Busy bee

@ctbridetobe:  Yup. I’m Team Green all the way through. DH is determined to make it a surprise in the delivery room. Sigh. Still getting used to the idea. Most days I’m ok with it though.

18.5 and I’m still waiting for my first confirmation of movement. Sigh again.

That’s a lot of sighing. Thank goodness it’s Friday.

513 posts
Busy bee

Since my next appt is so close, as per usual I’m starting to freak out about all the things that could potentially be wrong.

I would have rolled my eyes over a question like this before I became pregnant, but I’m honestly a little bit worried now — has anyone else not gained any weight at this point?

I’m still down 3 effing lbs. from my first prenatal appt. I’m not doing anything differently — I eat when I’m hungry, stop when I’m full, and snack a little throughout the day. My BMI was 24 when I got pregnant, so on the upper end of normal. It’s 23 now, so still fine, nothing scary, but I’m just nervous.

176 posts
Blushing bee

@iRun200 and @DiamondsandLace:  woo hoo! I figured we might need some extra support to get us through! I am happy about our decision, but damn, sometimes I just really want to know. My scan is not until week 21 (2 weeks). Wondering if they tell you to look away during certain parts. My friend is a L&D nurse and she said the deliveries where it is a surprise are “awesome.” That made me feel great about our decision.

925 posts
Busy bee

@DiamondsandLace:  Right with you on the worry.  My original anatomy scan was on the 10th but I had to reschedule to the 23rd because DH was going out of town for business. And he didn’t understand why I’m upset!!! It’s because I’m CRAZY. But we can be crazy together.

To address your concern – don’t worry about it!! My MIL keeps reminding me that she only gained 15 pounds during her pregnancy with DH. (fortunately my mother also reminds me frequently that she gained 50).  Anyway, I’ve seen your bump pic. Baby is growing away. Don’t worry.  You’re doing the right things. And if your doc is concerned he’ll tell you at the next appt.

@ctbridetobe:  My scan is on the 23rd (which will be right at 20 weeks).  I think when you tell them up front you don’t want to know, then they avoid the area and tell you to look away at specific times. Hopefully it’s not super obvious – because you never know when a tech will spoil the surprise by accident.  (not that I would care – but DH would be PISSED)

513 posts
Busy bee

@iRun2004:  Thanks, I know you’re right. I feel a lot better now. I don’t know if it’s birthday cake or the bump, which is definitely bigger, but I was up two pounds this morning, so only -1 now. Still really nervous for the anatomy scan, but also SO SO excited to see this little bebe again!

How was everyone’s weekend?

994 posts
Busy bee

I have the anatomy scan on Thursday (YAY!)!!! I asked a friend to go with me. I started getting nervous that they would see something—or not see something, and maybe I’d need someone there? Hopefully all will go okay!

I went to Rome this weekend just for a day—12 hours, to be exact—and it was actually a pretty difficult trip. By the end of the day my hips were hurting me so bad that I was holding back tears. I’ve never had an issue with an all-day trip before and even though I took it wasy and sat a lot, I could definitely tell how much my body has changed. It was hard for me to come to terms with it. Luckily, my hips are feeling fine today.

1028 posts
Bumble bee

@jesstagirl:  I am worried about that because we are travelling to NY to visit friends next weekend.  The total travel time is 6 hours (by air) I am worried I will be miserable. Oh well I guess I will just have to deal.

I have been having watery discharge this past week that is freaking me out.  I am going to call the doctor today just in case but anyone having this?  I feel like my underwear are wet all the time.  Gross.

925 posts
Busy bee

@travellingfool:  Just remember, compression socks/sleeves are your BEST FRIEND. Seriously. I have these from running and they are awesome. You can get them from med supply store or you can just get running ones from a running specialty store. I wear them on ANY plane ride over 3 hours (regardless of pregnancy).  But in pregnancy they will help even more!

Also, I’ve had watery discharge for a few months now.  Does it smell funny? TMI but I realized mine is partly discharge and partly bladder issues (DO THOSE KEGELS!!!). I have to wear liners a lot of days.  Grab those super thin liners from the drug store – it helps a lot.

994 posts
Busy bee

@travellingfool:  Also make sure to get up and walk around as often as you can. I was on a bus for 8 hours (each way), so walking and standing wasn’t even possible.

@iRun2004:  Is there a particular brand of compression socks you recommend? I’ve never heard of them or even worn them before, but I should probably look into them!

I just booked my ticket home for Christmas! I’m not looking forward to going on a 20-hour plane ride(s) when I’m 28-weeks pregnant (and then again coming back when i’m 31-weeks), but I’m beyond excited to see my family AND theyre throwing me a shower when I’m home, too!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.