(Closed) March 2013 brides – Is October too early for a bridal shower?

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
  • poll: October shower for a March wedding
    Too early - pick a weekend in winter and have it indoors : (20 votes)
    56 %
    It's fine - everyone already knows their invited, why not enjoy the good weather. : (14 votes)
    39 %
    Some middle ground? : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 3
    542 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I think it will be a little weird. A shower is usually 2-4 months ahead of the wedding.  

Post # 5
    879 posts
    Busy bee

@ktkoala:  I said no, because I am having my bridal shower/bachelorette party in October too.  I live in TX and we’re getting married here as well in March, but all of my friends and family are in Boston.  I really wanted to have my bridal shower and bachelorette up there.  My friends were concerned that if we waited until Dec/Jan to do it up there, either I would have a problem flying in or flying out due to weather.  Plus the weather is much nicer in October for going out. I know it’s super early, but I’m more than ok with that.  It works for us with our situation.  My fiance actually already went on his bachelor party in July since he’ll be so busy with work leading up til our wedding.

Basically, do what works for you.  Don’t listen to what is the norm or what you should do.  Do what works for your situation 🙂

Post # 6
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I don’t think so….Is your wedding in March or May? If March it’s 5 months out…..I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Post # 9
    619 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@ktkoala:  In the same boat and we were thinking last week in January/first week of February.  When are you guys having your bachelorette parties??

Post # 11
    17 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@SoCoBlue:  

I totally agree! 🙂 We’ve all got too much to stress about when it comes to something so “small.” Its definitely important, but if you cant make a closer date work– go with something further away. My bachelorette party will be in Decemeber as well as my FIs because we both work and have party members in grad school…

If october is what works— by all means do it. The norm isnt always the best way.. and thats something ive learned and come to live with. 🙂

Post # 13
    879 posts
    Busy bee

@ktkoala:  Wait, did you say you were having it Columbus Day weekend at the beginning of October?  Because if so, I think we’re having our showers on the same day!

Post # 15
    285 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

it’s when it works for you. I had a June shower for my November wedding b/c it was the last weekend i would be in town before the wedding. No one was offended, and we had a great time.

Post # 16
    879 posts
    Busy bee

@ktkoala:  Yup!  Mine is October 6th too!  We’re doing the shower that day and the bachelorette party that night.  This is all the weekend before my birthday too.  Woohoo!

The topic ‘March 2013 brides – Is October too early for a bridal shower?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors