(Closed) March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@travellingfool:  Aaaahhhh this thread makes me feel so many different emotions: excited, freaked out, sad, happy, etc! Thanks for getting it started.

I go for my 38-week appt tomorrow, so I’ll have lots to share then. I’m anxious to see what this doctor says about inducing. I sorted through allllll of the clothes we have for the baby last night and I’m about to start washing stuff. I already have a lot washed, but now I need to work on this second pile.

Question: for those of you using a dresser to store clothes (we don’t have a closet), how are you organizing them? I’m thinking of having one drawer just for newborn clothes (or whatever size she’s in at the time) and another just for sleepers so I’m not searching all over for them. I have a lot of receiving blankets/swaddles/burp cloths, so those may be separate drawers?  Then I’m kinda stuck on the other drawers since sizes are sorta weird. 3 month, 3-6, 6, 6-9…ack! What’s your game plan?

Post # 5
291 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

OMG this is indeed the final thread, thanks @travellingfool:  for starting it!!! goodness, we are getting close!!!

@babybuzz: i am also sore in that area, i think in my case it’s the uterus squeezing something against my ribcage that causes it and makes the whole area sore inside and out.

@FutureMrsAch: same here, i am also outgrowing the maternity outfits, tops are still ok but the pants… yesterday i went for my walk and the belly panel was kind of pushed down because my belly is so big now, taking the entire pants with them, it was sooo embarassing and i had to hold them up the entire time! from now on, it’s going to be leggings only.

@jesstagirl:  i’m also using a drawer, i have all the newborn outfits in the top drawer, all the bigger outfits kind of sorted by size in the bottom drawer and random stuff like socks, burp cloths etc. in the middle drawer. i plan on always having at least one outfit in the diaper bag and one outfit plus a pyjama ready at the changing table, so it’s not as much stuff crowded in there as it sounds! plus we bought a small matching wardrobe for storing things like sheets, towels, jackets etc.

and what is everyone doing for valentine’s day tomorrow? last valentine’s day before having the lo here, it’s really unbelievable. we are going to go out to dinner in one of our favorite restaurants and will try to enjoy candlelight, excellent food and a romantic evening before the sleepless nights start :-).

Post # 7
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@travellingfool:  Eep!! The final chapter! Ladies let’s have a March Mommas babies thread okay? I’ll miss you all after LO here is born!!

@zen bride:  Okay I’m glad I’m not the only one sore around there. It’s so random and weird!!

For Valentine’s Day we’re just going to make dinner at home. DH is going to pick up scallops (yum!!!!) and steak, I’ll make a salad. It would be heaven to have some champagne or something, sigh. Maybe I’ll get DH to pick up one of those tiny bottles and just have a few sips 😉 Hm. I just realized I really need to clean up the diningroom if we’re supposed to have a romantic dinner here. I’m in the midst of work mayhem, it’s not pretty….

So last night was interesting. I was in the bath and thought *maybe* my water broke. I couldn’t tell if it was water breaking, or peeing (although I didn’t FEEL like I was peeing), and then I was getting kind of random contractions and crampy feelings. DH was out at the pub, I texted him and told him to come home NOW. By the time he got home I was frantically cutting tags off clothes and muttering about her not having anything washed to wear. DH made me put down the scissors and did the laundry for me while I tried to pay a bit more attention to whatever was going on with my body. I was on the verge of tears I was so scared, totally not ready for this baby to come yet, but at the same time, a little excited of course. We were both exhausted (and I think terrified) so we went to bed and I told DH I’d wake him up if the cramps got stronger or more regular. I slept like a rock and this morning everything seems a-okay. I seriously thought it was go time though. Holy crap that scared me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has checked me yet to see if I’m dialated or effaced, so at my midwife appointment next week I’m going to make sure they do. I’m dying to know! Especially after last night!!!!!

Post # 8
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

For all you Mamas due at the beginning of March: how are you feeling? I am dreading a little bit getting close to my due date because I have no idea how I’ll be feeling and if I will have 100 thoughts going through my head! I know I am getting up to pee at night more often now and just trying to remain calm but just a little scared of what’s to come 🙂

Post # 9
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@babybuzz:  oh yikes! Do you think your water did break? Everyone I’ve talked to has said that if it does, you need to call and go in since infection can set in…just something to think about! I’d be in the same position as you—freaked out and excited. I’m getting cautious for every little twinge I feel and starting to write down my contraction times, just in case they start speeding up.

My husband just told me he has to work late tomorrow night, so I don’t know what we’ll do for dinner. We love breakfast, so I’m thinking maybe an elaborate breakfast for dinner night—we love (and desperately miss) Cracker Barrel, and sometimes do a Cracker Barrel inspired breakfast, so we may do that!

Post # 10
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

@travellingfool:  Yeah for progress!

I shared my progress in the other thread, but I’ll share again. As of MOnday I was 2cm dilated, 95% effaced, and Munchkin is at +2 position.

Post # 11
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@babybuzz:  Maybe we can have a thread in “babies” for after we all deliver. We can keep up with each other there.

Post # 12
466 posts
Helper bee

@jesstagirl:  No I honestly just think it was a bit of pee… I think my body relaxed a bit TOO much in the bath, lol! And it sort was a few spurts rather than one gush (sorry for the TMI), where I’ve always heard/been told that your water breaking is one big gush. I think the timimg with the cramping is just what freaked me out!!! I’m taking it easy today though and I’ll definitely call the midwives if I feel anything is amiss today. 

@loveknows:  definitely freaked out a bit but getting excited too. A friend of mine had her baby yesterday and seeing the photo of the little guy today made me all teary thinking we’re so close ourselves!! I’m trying to stay relaxed but I’m nervous and excited and a little scared all rolled into one!

@PrncssDva:  deal! Love that idea!

Post # 13
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@babybuzz:  Actually, your water breaking can be very gradual. I think that I might be going through that now. I kind of feel like I am trickling or leaking at random parts of the day.

Post # 14
466 posts
Helper bee

@PrncssDva:  Okay I called the midwives because I got a little freaked out. She said to put on a pad and see if there’s anything trickling/absorbing into the pad over time. She said to watching for pressure in my back rather than spasm feelings. Try having a warm bath, etc. But the fact that the cramping is pretty much gone, and isn’t regular is a good thing. I’ve cancelled my chiropractor appointment for this afternoon and I think I’ll lay down for a bit after a bath. I happen to have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon, so if I get really freaked out I can talk to her when I see her as well.

Post # 16
466 posts
Helper bee

@travellingfool:  Good idea. I’ll try that.

I have cankles too. Ugh. So awful.

ETA – I’m also going to ask my doctor to check me to see if I’m dilated when I’m at my appointment this afternoon. It’s just a follow up for my iron levels, but whatever. I’m a little freaked out right now and this momma wants to know what’s going on down there!!

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas Part 5– The Final Chapter!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors