(Closed) March 2013 Mamas — Part IV

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Woo! Part IV!!

@DiamondsandLace:  Glad to hear you like the new doc. That makes such a big difference in comfort level! And congrats on getting through the screening! So gross.

Our crib and dresser/changing table were delivered this weekend. And we got some color swatches for our rocking chair cushion to look at.  PLUS I FINALLY timed it right so DH could feel the baby kick. He was super excited of course, but I mostly felt a huge relief that he was finally able to feel it – I had been feeling guilty about not getting the timing right.

And then we spent wayyyyyy too long in Babies R Us today – first looking at clothes (mostly so that I could explain and then share my consternation about buying baby clothes) and then dealing with the breast pump (I know I’m not supposed to get it this early, but I have extra $$ on my Flex Spending Card and breast pump/accessories counts so I went ahead and pulled the trigger). 

Post # 4
782 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Still sick over here πŸ™ I ended up going to the ER yesterday morning (my insurance only covers trips to the ER or urgent care when i’m in the states). Saw a great doctor and she gave me some antibiotics. I feel horrible still and hope this is just me feeling worse before getting better. She said I should start feeling better in 3-4 days. I HATE taking all of this medicine. My little one is still moving around, but it’s not as strong—one of the meds is a “class C” and the doctor said it could cross the placenta; I can tell she’s sleeping a little more than usual. Hate it.

Made it to the childbirth class and I LOVED it! So glad I went, even though I felt crappy. I’m just happy I have more information under my belt, and I’m excited to tell my husband all about it.

Since we have a new thread, maybe we could do a roundup? I know we’re all over the place in March, so I’d love to know when everyone is due and all that jazz. Not sure what questions we should answer, though, so maybe someone can chime in? Due date, gender? anything else?

Post # 6
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

How far along: 27 weeks tomorrow (due March 12th)

Weight gain: 20 lbs?? More?? I’m staying away from the scale at the moment. Most of the weight is in the belly and not elsewhere so I’m not worried.

Stretch marks: Nope. I’m starting to get the line thingie though.

Belly Button: Shallow innie

Sleep: Ugh. What sleep? Between back pain and baby movement and my cat who has decided that he likes sleeping in the crevice between me and the body pillow …. NOT GOOD. I did have a super-hero dream last night (with flying and everything) so that was a positive.

Movement: Yup. And DH finally felt it yesterday too. Kicks aren’t super-regular yet, so it still surprises me every time I get that first one.

Cravings: Not really anymore. I’m still not thrilled with meat in general though – I wonder if I’m having a vegetarian baby! That would make DH very sad.

Symptoms: BACK-PAIN. Gah. I spent half the weekend in pain from the sciatica. Not fun.

What I’m looking forward to: The end of this month. This is our busiest time at work, but January is our lightest so once December is over I will really be able to turn most of my energy to baby!

What I miss: Alcohol. I wanted a beer yesterday while we were watching football, and it seems like cruel and unusual punshiment that I can’t have a giant glass of wine when I get home after a working week like last week.

Emotions: Frustrated. But that may have more to do with work than anything else.

Weekly wisdom: Finding balance is hard. But when all else fails, the most important thing you are doing right now is growing a life. Everything else is just a means to an end,

Post # 7
782 posts
Busy bee

How far along: 28 weeks, 3 days

Weight gain: around 10-12 pounds.

Stretch marks: yup. Had them since week 13…they’re ALLLLL over and bright red.

Belly Button: still an innie. It’s pretty deep, so I don’t think it’ll pop.

Sleep: Since I’ve been sick I haven’t had any issues sleeping, thank goodness. 

Movement: Yes, thank goodness. I’m taking so much medicine, that it brings me overwhelming comfort to feel her move.

Cravings: Eh. I have cravings by suggestion. For example, I saw a picture of a donut and would LOOOOVE to have one right now. I read about eating fish last week and had to have that for lunch.

Symptoms: nothing pregnancy related, which is nice for the moment.

What I’m looking forward to: 1) Getting over this sinus infection. 2) having my side/rib/muscle stop hurting from coughing so much. 3) my baby shower is this Saturday!!!!

What I miss: Being able to take ibuprofen and anoher medication that would help me feel better faster.

Emotions: shocked that there are only 12 weeks left!

Weekly wisdom: If you think you’re getting sick, see your doctor and try to stop it before it starts.

Post # 8
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

How far along: 27 weeks

Weight gain: 10 lbs

Stretch marks: I have my first stretch marks, since finding out. They are located above my butt (on both sides). They snuck up on me!

Belly Button: Innie. It is flat with my stomach, still. I really hope that it stays in.

Sleep: it takes a minute to get comfortable. Once I am comfortable and sleeping well, I usually have to pee. LOL

Movement: All of the time!

Cravings: Still greens and veggies!

Symptoms: I still have the occassional nausea. My feet swell very slightly at the end of a work day.

What I’m looking forward to: My Maternity Shoot at the end of this month. Also, I am going out of town, with my friend, this weekend. The last roadtrip that I went on, back in July, wasn’t all that great. I wasn’t on Zofran and I had motion sickness. I have no car sickness now, so this should be a lot better!

What I miss: My regular self. No matter how good I feel for being pregnant…it’s nothing like before.

Emotions: Excited EXCITED EXCITTTEEDDDDD!!

Weekly wisdom: For some reason saying that I have 3 months to go sounds way better than 13 weeks!! The latter makes me freak out a little, so let’s stick with the months.

7 Month Bump with Furbaby

Post # 9
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

How far along: 28 weeks today!

Weight gain: I don’t want to think about it. 20 lbs I think?

Stretch marks: A couple on my thighs. Should make maternity bathing suit shopping today a lot of fun. Ugh.

Belly Button: Still an innie but getting shallow. Stay in there!!! I hate the way some shirts look though, it leaves a HUGE weird indent like my belly button is 3″ wide!

Sleep: Yes please, all the time! Actually doing fairly well there. I wake up once usually to pee and that’s it for the most part.

Movement: Her nickname is Little Miss Kicky Pants if that tells you anything πŸ˜‰

Cravings: Shrimp and scallops. Sweets.

Symptoms:  Finally had my first bout of swollen feet after prepping for our annual Christmas party. Sausage toes is not a good look. Seems to be back to normal though. Swelled out of my wedding rings a few weeks ago and got a stand in at a department store for a whopping $10. It’s so pretty though, I love it! LOL!

Back is starting to hurt more. Run out of breath pretty quickly.

What I’m looking forward to: We’re going to Bermuda next week!!! YAY!!!!!! Also going to pick a glider today!

What I miss: Being able to shop in “regular” stores. I keep seeing great clothes and then getting sad I can’t fit in them.

Emotions: Nervous still. Excited.

Weekly wisdom: If there is something you find EXTREMELY funny, avoid it or be close to the bathroom. Embarassing moments will ensue otherwise. Mhm. Thank god it was just me and DH but omg that sucked!! Do your kegels!!! LOL!!

Post # 10
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

How far along: 25 weeks

Weight gain: I’ll be the first to break the 20 lbs mark- up 24 bs. OMG.  Oh well, not much I can do about it right now =) I’ll just have to work it off post-baby!

Stretch marks: Nada- my skin has never been so pastey white though! This skin needs some sun light!

Belly Button: SO SO shallow innie- it’ll pop before 30 weeks I’m sure

Sleep: really good.  Getting up a couple times a night to pee but falling right back asleep!

Movement: Getting more regular, but still mainly after meals and between 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm

Cravings: red meat- maybe iron deficient since I hardly ever eat read meat!

Smptoms: Lower back pain still- move into sciatic nerve pain every now and then.  I’m starting to feel a little more fatigued again.  Not sure if it’s pregnancy related or just running around like a mad man

What I’m looking forward to: Seeing DH’s family over Christmas, meeting this little nugget!, finishing the nursery, getting my body back =)

What I miss: Being able to have a glass of wine, feeling well rested/high energy

Emotions: Anxiety over DH- I’ve been struggling with worrying about him getting hurt or dying lately.  Strange becasue i’m not usually like that.  I’ve been a cryer still too.

Weekly wisdom: Even the best mom’s make mistakes and learn as they go.  I’ve been a little nervous about what’ll happen when baby is actually here but I keep reminding myself that if Snookie can do this, so can I =)

Post # 11
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jesstagirl:  I’m sorry you’re still feeling sick =( I am DREDING getting the stomach flu- it’s going around in our circle right now and I can’t imagine having it while pregnant. It’s bad enough when I’m “normal”!  What kind of stuff did you learn at childbirth class?  My OB doesn’t have me take it until 34 weeks…. ummmmm, what if I go really early!?!  I feel TOTALLY unprepared for the birth! Other than the breathing techniques I learn at pre-natal yoga I don’t know anything!

Post # 12
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How far along: 27W3D Due March 8th

Weight gain: 24 and it is all in my tummy. Like a huge heavy bowling ball hanging on my front LOL

Stretch marks: Nope fingers crossed

Belly Button: Not innie.  Not outie. Flattie. (At night it is closer to outie than innie though.)

Sleep: Pretty good once I get comfy. Acid reflux requires me to sleep propped up and can sometimes be an issue but I no longer wake up to pee so pretty happy about that.  I’m sure it’ll come back.

Movement: Constant. My friend (who has two kids) was touching my belly over the weekend and she was laughing that she has never felt a baby move this much. I think we are in for trouble. πŸ™‚

Cravings: blueberries and still breads

Smptoms: Lower back pain, acid, acid, acid, sore soles of my feet

What I’m looking forward to: Maternity pictures tomorrow!!!  Christmas! Shower is January 26th! Yay!  and glider arriving sometime after Christmas so I can really get room finished.

What I miss: Feeling awake, chocolate and coffee (acid reflux is preventing me from these not the pregnancy directly), being able to bend over

Emotions: Anxiety and testier with DH

Weekly wisdom: None of my own but like MRSLMA said, I often remind myself that if ______ (insert celebrity or ditzy person I know) can do it, I surely can. This is comforting. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Oh also, movement has really been cracking me up the past week because he’s been doing a lot more big movements and stretches rather than just pokes and jabs.  They really get me giggling when he drags a foot? elbow? across my belly. And he is interactive.  Like I can touch the pokey part and he moves it away or pokes me back with it.  So cute.  But he’s probably tired of me poking him πŸ™‚

Post # 14
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

How far along:24 weeks, 2 days (Due March 30)

Weight gain: At my doctor’s appointment last week, I found out I’ve gained 20lbs. It’s all belly though, and I haven’t gained anywhere else.

Stretch marks: Not yet

Belly Button: Very shallow

Sleep: Not sleeping well at all. I’ve now become a very light sleeper. Everything wakes me up. I’m awake throughout the night.

Movement: Pretty regular. I know he is definitely not a fan of the mornings, but is active in the afternoon and evening.

Cravings:  Not craving anything in particular right now

Symptoms: Lower back pain and exhaustion

What I’m looking forward to: March πŸ™‚

What I miss: I miss sleeping. Like, a lot. I would give anything for a good night’s sleep. Oh, and a glass of wine.

Emotions: I feel a little extra sensitive about things. I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy emotions related or just being over tired. I’ve just been in the mood where I’m not putting up with any BS.

Weekly wisdom: Do your best to take care of yourself and your LO. I’ve currently got a sick Dh at home. I’m trying my best load up on Vitamin C and not catch what he’s got.

Post # 15
782 posts
Busy bee

@babybuzz:  haha funny you should mentiong the peeing. My coughs are so freaking intense that everytime I have an episode (no other word for it), I pee. Sucks soooo much! Also, thanks for the reminder about the rings—I need to pick up a fake one since my wedding ring is starting to get tight.

@MRSLMA:  My OB does a 2-hour class at 36 weeks! I flipped out when i heard that and found one when I came home. This one was from 9-3 pm and she went over what actually happens during labor (how long contractions are, the different stages of labor, when you’ll need to actually go to the hospital, what happens if your water breaks/doesn’t break, etc.), then she talked about the different kinds of births (vaginal, c-section, home, water, etc.) and then what the different medications do to you and the baby (epidural, and other ones that come before then that I can’t remember), and she had you and your partner (my mom went with me!) learn some breathing and massage techniques for during labor. It was a lot of stuff that I’ve already heard bits and pieces of before, but it was way more in depth. I’m really happy I took it!

The topic ‘March 2013 Mamas — Part IV’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors