(Closed) March 2014

posted 4 years ago in March 2014
Post # 3
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’ve also been slacking on the DJ front. I have a couple options, but I’m really balking at how much they cost!!!

Let’s see, last night we met with a really fantastic officiant via Skype, and I think that I’m going to book him by the end of the day. I’m also planning on finishing up hotel block arrangements today.

My Save the Dates are assembled, and just need to be addressed and stamped (I’m having my wonderful mom address them, since she has gorgeous handwriting). All the big things are taken care of (and some small things – my cake is all set and my florist already has a rough idea what I want). I think all that’s left are bridesmaid dresses, tuxes, rings, ceremony music, and random decor stuff. Oh, and engagement pictures.

I’m really excited, but for some reason it doesn’t quite seem real yet! I think it’ll start hitting home more once people start getting their Save the Dates in the mail. When are you sending yours out?

Post # 5
271 posts
Helper bee

@skipanther:  Hmm, smart. We’re also having a semi-destination wedding (about 80% of our guest list has to travel over 500 miles). I had been planning on sending mine out in July, but I may just have to hop on the end of June bandwagon. If anything, I want them out of my hosue!

We were hoping for my uncle to be our officiant, but unfortunately he had a conflict. We were really lucky to find a professional officiant who matches up with our values super well. My florist is actually my grandma, so we’re still keeping it in the family :).

Post # 6
374 posts
Helper bee

I plan on paying for my venue, this month. Took e-pic Monday, now waiting on them so we can tackle std. I want to send them out at the end of August, beginning of September at the halfway mark. I live breath wedding now, it have completely taking over my life!!

Post # 7
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Brazil Room

I’m still slacking on my e-pics. I wanted to get those done before I sent out our STDs, but I think I’ll still be okay if I send out STD’s later as long as it’s before or around the 6 month mark, right?

I thought I had decided on centerpieces, but I’m constantly second guessing… And I really haven’t gotten anywhere on deciding colors with my groom. I still need an officiant too and need to figure out whether or not we want to hire live musicians to play the ceremony music.

I have gotten a few things taken care of though! I’ve:

– Put a deposit on a venue

– Put a deposit on catering

– Booked photographer

– Booked DJ

– Picked out DIY cake topper design

– Got all my bridesmaids and groomsmen figured out (one girl already has her dress even!)

– Put a deposit on my dress (though I need to go in and take more measurements before the order can be processed)

– Bought my shoes and jewelry

Post # 8
374 posts
Helper bee

@NovaGrey:  Yes but you don’t know how soon your pictures will be ready after taking them. My photographer said she was a little behind with so many weddings this summer, that my picture wouldn’t be ready until end of this month, beginning of next. Then next month I’m going to have to decide on which pic (already know that is going to be a hard task, prob going to like so many of them) and then decide on what design and all that good stuff for the std (all I know is I want them to be magnets). Then afterward that I have to take in to count of when they will be made and ship, so I’m not actually plan on receiving mines until August. Which is fine, next month I can start collecting addresses of the potential guests.

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Hello March Brides!

I am new to wedding bee and also a March 2014 bride. Congrats to you all! I have already taken care of the big things such as my dress, putting a deposit down for the venue (which includes catering), and hirng a photographer. My task now is to find a florist that I can get the most for my money. We are taking our engagement photos next month and hopefully sending out save the dates by September.

I do have a question for you guys…do you think that I am crazy for having an outside ceremony in March? Our date is set for the first weekend in March so it is possible that the weather may still be a bit cool….then again the wedding is in Texas! The venue we chose has an indoor option if all else fails, but unless its raining I am set on the ceremony being outside due to the beautiful scenery.

What do you guys think? Also is there anything else that I should have done by now?

Post # 10
417 posts
Helper bee

This month we had planned to book our officiant and transportation as well as have our engagement photos done.  Its only the 13th and we’re doing good!  Officiant booked, engagement photos taken!  If I can keep this up I’m hoping to visit some florists as well.

Post # 11
606 posts
Busy bee

@belle2014:  Well if you’re crazy for having an outside ceremony, then so am I.

Just have two plans set out (rain and shine) and talk to your vendors about it… you’ll probably know at least a week in advance for sure if it will rain and have enough time to communicate any changes to the set up in advance.

Post # 12
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@NovaGrey:  That is true! I am praying for nice weather, so hopefully we will get it. I will be sure to talk with my vendor as well. Thanks!

Post # 13
718 posts
Busy bee

All we really have left is our limo, bridesmaid dresses, and tuxes for the groomsmen.  Coming up the first week of July we have our engagment pics, so I think I’ll probably tackle sending out STD’s next and ordering our invitations.  We know what we want, just need to do it.

Post # 14
356 posts
Helper bee

Yay March brides! We just sent out our STD which got great reception! This month we are going to finish our registries and probably book an appointment with a florist. I think I am going to do a photo guest book with our e-pics, so I might put that together this month too. I am so looking forward to wedding cake research so even though we don’t really have to start that yet, I might start early just because I am excited about it!

Bridesmaids dresses are next month! Although now I have 2 pregnant maids out of the 3, so they might not even try the dresses on!

Post # 15
417 posts
Helper bee

@NovaGrey:  We picked the end of March because we’re hoping to be able to have our ceremony outside as well.  There is, obviously, a back up to have it inside incase the weather is like it was this year, but I’m really praying that it’ll be nice enough for a short ceremony outside.  Our venue is right on the lake so I think it would be so beautiful if it could be done out there as opposed to inside.

Post # 16
606 posts
Busy bee

It actually has been raining here a tiny bit over the last week. No one’s wedding is safe in the SF Bay Area! I remember thinking in July a few years back (we had a freak rainy season for a couple of weeks) “Well there goes someone’s perfect July wedding weekend!”

The topic ‘March 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors