March 2014 Babies and Mamas Part 3!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Difficult but frequently asked question: Genetic screening - yes or no?
    Yes, because we would terminate if we found an anomaly incompatible with life. :( : (26 votes)
    50 %
    Yes. Would not terminate, but we want to prepare / would intervene (surgery at/pre-birth) if needed. : (16 votes)
    31 %
    No. If something goes wrong, we'll take it as it comes. : (10 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 5
    5745 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

How far along are you & when are you due? I’m 9w 4d & due sometime between Mar 5 & the week of the 19th (hopefully I will NOT still be pregnant when the 19th rolls around… and really that I don’t go so far over like last time! lol)

When is your next appointment? TOMORROW!!! Fx we can hear the heartbeat!

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? We still haven’t decided. I have a gender reveal pic that I’m excited about doing b/c DH said he thinks he’d be okay with waiting again!

What are your current symptoms?  Still very minimal. Fatigue finally hit this last week but still not as bad as last time, Been breaking out a bit more, and my nipples have been sensitive… it feels like sandpaper when P nurses (ouch!). I’ve also had some off & on bloating but not too bad

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much? Idk yet.. I’ll know tomorrow. Last time I weighed it said more than the time I had weighed myself before but it was a different scale so I don’t really know my prepreg weight. I’m still fitting in my jeans just fine but my tummy is starting to look a bit more pudgy

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? Everyone

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?   Here’s our announcement

@bananasareyellow:  That’s so sad! I have a friend that lost a baby in the second trimester & also know a mom via the web that lost their baby IN labor (nothing crazy happened either, just heartbeat was there & then wasn’t). It’s definitely changed my perspective about the fragility of life & the scariness of pregnancy!

As for the genetic testing, we will not be doing it. The blood work often has false positives & the risks associated with amniocentesis aren’t something we’d be comfortable with since the chance of nothing being wrong is higher than something being wrong. I would be devestated if it caused us to miscarry only for the results to say everything was okay. 🙁

Post # 7
    5745 posts
    Bee Keeper

@bananasareyellow:  No I haven’t heard of it… I guess I could ask my MW about it tomorrow. I just knew with the old system the blood work gave lots of false positives & just caused more worry than anything else. We wouldn’t terminate regardless, but I guess knowing could be beneficial…. I don’t know, I waiver on finding out even the gender b/c I don’t have to be upset or down about the pregnancy at any point… I would hate to spend months in tears worrying about how things would be.

Have you read the birth story of little Nella Cordelia? It’s amazing…. but definitely have some tissue on hand!

Post # 8
    983 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

quierajenBased on my LMP, my nugget would and should be due Feb 25th, but the songorams have been measuring a full week behind so my Dr. pushed my date to March 4th. That’s how I ended up over here. I KNOW what day I ovulated because I was charting and it’s still not adding u[. But don’t stress it. I was nervous at first, but my doc order another U/S a week later to make sure LO was growing and it did by a full week. Nothing to worry about. 

red_roseDH and I have agreed on two names for a little girl and are still debating on boys names. We both like Ayla Faith or Riley Simone for a girl and DH likes Solomon Anthony for a boy. I REALLY do not like Solomon. I think it is a GREAT name for someone else’s child. I’m trying to convince him to change his mind before we find out if its a boy of or a girl. lol

JayneeI just met up with a friend for dinner the other day and she saaid I had a glow, but I just think either she was being nice or the quick application of powder and eye shadow caught a good bit of light. lol.

Post # 9
    983 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? 9w5d and due somewhere between Feb 25th and March 4th

When is your next appointment? This Thursday morning. It’s another sonogram. But I meet with an OB on Aug 20th

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? I do not think it would be humanly possible for me to wait until birth to see if my mini me is a he or she. lol. Plus DH and I said if it’s a boy we want to do a Despicable Me themed nursery, so I HAVE to know.

What are your current symptoms? … Nothing. Boobs hurt at night, occasional pain from sciatic nerve (which has dwindled) and random cravings. That’s it. Should I be worried?

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much? Not sure. DH and we suppose to stop TTC for the summer to lose weight when we found out I was KU so I have been avoiding looking at the scale.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? Everyone. DH is sp super excited that we told our immediate family shortly after we found out and he told FB not long after that. smh.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?) DH adn I had our annual BBQ for the Fourth of July and at the end of the night when we finally got to sit down, DH had someone take a pic with his hand over my belly and posted it on Instagram and FB with this caption. “Married? Check. House? Check. Epic 4th of July Party? Check. Baby Adams on deck? TBD February 2014.”

@bananasareyellow:  Do they know what happened or why she lost the baby?

Post # 10
    667 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

How far along are you & when are you due? 7w3d   

When is your next appointment? This Thursday! 8th August 

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? We are still debating this! We were both keen to find out but DHs family were shocked to hear we wanted to find out so made us feel a bit bad. Im leaning towards finidng out…we shall see! 

What are your current symptoms? So boobs! especially in the early morning and late at night. Nausea in the morning and im constantly exhausted 

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much? No weight gain or loss just yet. 

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? DH and I have both told our immediate families and our best friends. Iv also told my boss. We will most likely tell everyone else after week 12. 

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?) Hmm not sure about this one yet. I dont think we will have any pics taken. Perhaps we will just post an ultrasound pic on FB. 

Post # 11
    54 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

How far along are you & when are you due?  9w6d, 3/3/14

When is your next appointment? This Thursday I go in for an appointment with my Dr., but I’m not sure what for (no ultrasound).  The same day I have the blood draw for first tri screening.  Question:  has anyone done this before?  How much blood do they take?  I’m super nervous and terrible with needles.  I also need to drive an hour shortly after the appointment.

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?  ASAP

What are your current symptoms? Slightly less nausea, very fatigued, growing and sore boobs

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much?  At the last appt. I was up a pound.  I definitely feel bigger/thicker.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet?  Almost everyone I’ve seen has guessed.  We also affirmatively told parents and best friends.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)  No idea.

Post # 12
    5745 posts
    Bee Keeper

@MrsDiddles:  I don’t think so. I know quite a few moms that had very minimal symptoms & had very healthy pregnancies… I was just never one of them so it’s been kinda freaking me out too to feel so good still! lol. I know once we can hear the heartbeat I’ll feel so much better!

FWIW I would totally do a Despicable Me nursery regardless of sex! P wears superhero shirts & such all. the. time! lol

I love the announcement idea too! So great your DH is so excited!

@bananasareyellow:  I just saw on the other thread that you were able to pick up the heartbeat just a few days passed 9wks (well I know in the 10th week)… did it take you long to find? I’m SOO hoping we can hear it tomorrow!!!!!

Post # 14
    1163 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

How far along are you & when are you due? 10 weeks today!  Due March 2

When is your next appointment? Not sure…I have one scheduled with the OB on Aug 14 but I think I’ll switch to the midwives/birth center before that

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery? Probably at delivery

What are your current symptoms? Tired, sore boobs, slightly more emotional than usual, but not out of control, and my skin is a disaster

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much? I have no idea but my pants are fitting a little too tightly by the end of the day

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet? Our parents and siblings know, and I did spill to one of my friends but we won’t be telling anyone else for another 2-3 weeks

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?) No idea.  I’m guessing we’ll just tell people as we see them and let it trickle out.  Maybe a pic at some point on FB when I have a real bump

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-and-mamas-part-3?replies=2#post-

Post # 15
    1535 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? I am almost 9 weeks.  My EDD is March 11th.

When is your next appointment?  Currently it is Aug 19th for the NT scan, but I am not sure if I will be far enough along at the point because I will only be 10 wks 6 days.  I think it is only 1 day from the window, but I think that window is pretty specific.

Will you be finding out sex during pregnancy or at delivery?  Totally during pregnancy.  I couldn’t handle not knowing…. I can barely handle not knowing right now.

What are your current symptoms?  I have sore boobs; small moments of nausea, but no vomiting; fatigue; bloating; and I can get very hungry at times!

To date have you had weight gain or weight loss, and how much?  I am not sure.  I gained a little bit of weight before I was KU, so I am not sure what I weighed in the beginning.

Who knows you’re KU’d? When will you go public if you haven’t yet?  Our familes and a few of our close friends know.  We are just randomly telling people as they see them.  I won’t go public, as in announce it on FB, until we know the gender most likely.

How will you go public?  (ie. Is there a special pic you’ll make to send out or post online?)  It won’t be anything special.  I will probably just say something in my status or something.  I am not all cutsey like some of you with your adorable ideas!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-and-mamas-part-3#ixzz2b2q0VAIx

Post # 16
    8821 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

@bananasareyellow:  One of our January Mama’s had this done at 10 weeks. It was accurate and totally safe.  Only downside is if you’re Canadian, the Materni21 test costs over $2000 here :

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors