March 2014 Babies and Moms Part 6: We've Reached the Third Trimester!!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: How many children do you plan to have total?
    1 : (4 votes)
    8 %
    2 : (21 votes)
    40 %
    3 : (17 votes)
    33 %
    4 : (7 votes)
    13 %
    5 : (1 votes)
    2 %
    6 or more : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 4
    11668 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

How far along are you and when are you due? 28w6d due March 5th

How old are you and your DH/SO? 27 and he’s 34

First child? Yes!

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out?  Hopefully still a girl with all the pink we’ve got going on for her!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 12 lbs, on the low end so need to step it up!

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)? I’ve started reading Happiest Baby on the Block – so far so good but nothing really to compare it to.

What has been the most embarassing moment of your pregnancy so far? Nothing too embarassing yet that I can think of.

Bump love photo!  Here’s today’s bump (Despite all the resizing, it’s still coming out massive!)

Post # 5
    11668 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

And in other news, I passed the 3 hour glucose test with flying colors apparently! So happy but also slightly annoyed that I wasted a vacation day and had to be a human pin cushion for nothing! Oh well, back to eating my chocolate covered pretzels! 

Post # 6
    1147 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Roll Call Update!

How far along are you and when are you due? 27w

How old are you and your DH/SO? 28 & DH is 32

First child? yes

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out? girl

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 15-17lbs depending on the day

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)? I read Baby Wise & liked it. I’m currently reading Baby Whisperer & DH is giving me the Womanly Art of Breast Feeding & Happiest Baby on the block for christmas. I really need to step up my reading!

What has been the most embarassing moment of your pregnancy so far? I agree with Banana’s the gas is out of control. I let out a SBD (silent but deadly) in bed the other night and DH’s eyes literally teared up from the smell. I almost pissed myself laughing! For what its worth I think farting is really funny & DH thinks its very un-lady like of me. 

Bump love photo!  DH will take my pic tonight & I’ll post it.

I decided I need to cut back on my pumpkin spice latte’s and the soda drinking. (Lately fountain Dr. Pepper has tasted amazing & I haven’t liked DP for the last 5ish years & I’m totally not a soda drinker normally). Normal coffee is tasting good this week so I’m switching back to that (and skipping my DAILY starbucks run) – and am going to try to only drink water during the day. We’ll see how that goes. 

@MrsWBS:  Congrats on passing the 3 hour test! Love the bump!

For the poll, I said 2 kids. DH wants 2, I used to say I wanted 4 but I think we’ll stick with 2 so we won’t be out numbered on an airplane one day.  

Post # 7
    54 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

How far along are you and when are you due?  29w1d, due 3/3

How old are you and your DH/SO?  31 and 30

First child? yes 

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out?  girl

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 17 lbs 

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)?  highly recommend Expecting Better

Post # 8
    1147 posts
    Bumble bee

Here’s my bump photo, WB won’t let me edit my other post. Note: DH wanted to put the chalk board on the diaper boxes tonight instead of my normal wooden boxes. =)

Post # 9
    1163 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Roll Call Update!

How far along are you and when are you due? 29+2, due March 2

How old are you and your DH/SO? I am 28, DH is 30

First child? Yep

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out? Team Green!  I thought it would be tough, but I love not knowing! 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 20ish, right on target

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)? Not sure if I have a favorite.  I did like Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth…but then again, it’s the only book I’ve read.  Oops

What has been the most embarassing moment of your pregnancy so far? The gestational diabetes diagnosis.  I know I shouldn’t be embarassed but I’m still getting over it.  Although, today’s the first day of testing and my numbers have all been well below the allowed maximum, so I continue to be skeptical about how accurate the diagnosis is.

Bump love photo! Hard to believe there’s still 11 weeks of growing left!  Yikes.

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-and-moms-part-6-weve-reached-the-third-trimester#ixzz2nnKl4ZEt

Post # 10
    1132 posts
    Bumble bee

So fun to see everyone’s bumps! Glad I’m not the only one who is really starting to pop, haha! 

How far along are you and when are you due? 27w2d, due March 16!

How old are you and your DH/SO? I’m 28, he’s 36

First child? Oh yes

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out? Girl!! 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? Oh heavens… probably about 23-24 pounds? I’m a monster!! :p My OB gave me a hard time about it at my last appointment but oh well 

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)? I like Amalah’s week by week pregnancy series on alphamom–she’s hilarious!

What has been the most embarassing moment of your pregnancy so far? Probably all the toots in front of DH… not my usual MO!

Bump love photo!

Here I am last week at 26.5 weeks! Aah!

Post # 11
    1535 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I can’t believe we are already in the 3rd trimester!  It seems so surreal that we are this far along already!  Everyone is lookin fabulous with their bumps!

Roll Call Update!

How far along are you and when are you due? 28 weeks/March 11
    How old are you and your DH/SO? DH is 36 and I am 32
    First child? Yup! 
    Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out? Boy 
    Weight gain to date (if you care to share)?  I don’t know.  I refuse to look at the scale at the doctor’s office.  I think it will cause me to freak out. 
    What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)?  I am currently reading The Happiest Baby on the Block, and while I think he has some good ideas, he doesn’t seem to back any of his ideas up with any research except anecdotal from random parents he interviewed.  I do think their are good points to it.  The next two that I am going to try are Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby and The No Cry Sleep Solution.  
    What has been the most embarassing moment of your pregnancy so far?  I am not sure if I have had a super embarassing moment yet.  My gas is out of control, but I try and just keep that around DH, and it doesn’t embarass me that much.  I feel like if I have to carry our child, he can deal with my smelly farts. 
    Bump love phot

Here is me at 28 weeks!

Post # 12
    1535 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@MrsWBS:  Congrats on passing your test! 

Post # 14
    78 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Its crazy how fast time is going, I really hope the next couple of months continue this way.  Hopefully things do not slow down after the holidays.  Since its been such a crappy week at work so far(and its only Wednesday) I decided to boycott work and do this instead!

Roll Call Update!

How far along are you and when are you due? 27+4 Due March 15 

How old are you and your DH/SO? I am 38 and DH is 47!  I never felt old until reading everyone else’s ageJ 

First child? I like to say in this lifetime.  I had my daughter right out of high school, she just turned 19 this past Saturday.  Its totally different this time. 

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out? Will find out on lil meatball’s Birthday 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? As of 2 weeks ago, 13 pounds 

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)? I am extremely lacking in this area.  I have yet to even purchase a book.  Hopefully over the holidays I can get myself together. 

What has been the most embarrassing moment of your pregnancy so far? Not sure I can pick one.  Preggo brain really has gotten to me.  One time that really sticks out was sitting in my car in a parking lot.  A car alarm was going off.  I kept thinking it was our car and couldn’t get it to turn off.  I was flippin out. 

Bump love photo: Will post it in a separate post

Post # 15
    78 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Post # 16
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

How far along are you and when are you due?

26 weeks + 1, due 3/25. I keep thinking about all of my friends who have delivered before their due date. Several this year were 5 weeks early, that’s 9 weeks away! So much to do!

How old are you and your DH/SO?

30 and 25

First child?

Yup! 

Boy or girl? Or are you waiting till birth to find out?

Waiting, eek! At our 21 week scan the doctor said, “what does your mother’s intuition tell you??” and kept pressing it.  I didn’t want to test his poker face, so didn’t say.  I definitely think it’s a girl, but not for any particular reason except that she was so pretty in the 3D scan.  

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)?

Ummm 20+  My doctor, who I hardly see complimented me on my gain at my last week though, I guess she was worried I was going to freak out about it and not gain enough.  That hasn’t been a problem!

What as been your favorite pregnancy or parenting resource you’ve found so far (eg. a book, website, etc)?

I liked Ina May’s guide to Childbirth.  Just started the hypnobabies CDs, we’ll see how that goes.  

What has been the most embarrassing moment of your pregnancy so far?

Nothing too crazy I guess.  When a woman asked if I was “eating for two” when I was 13 weeks along and popping donut holes.  I was more embarrassed for her though…crazy presumptous

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors