March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 2: Let's see those ultrasound pics!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you going to find out the gender before birth, or are you going team "green"?
    We will find out as soon as we can! : (32 votes)
    71 %
    Team green! : (13 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    5745 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2011

Yay.. a new thread, maybe I can keep up with this one! (you ladies move fast)!

We aren’t having an early u/s so our first will be around 20 weeks! I have no clue if we’re going to find out or not…. I really liked being team green but DH really wants to find out & I’m pretty sure I’ve implied that I’d like to too (I already know how we’d annouce the gender).

So far symptoms are still minimal (6wks 4days)… night nausea w/ some nagging slight day nausea, a big of bacne (not nearly as bad as the acne I had last time with my DD), nipple sensitivity has set in which made nursing the other night horrible, but still no bloat, or any real fatigue….. fx things stay easy!

My next appt is Aug 5th & we should be able to hear the heartbeat then! I can’t wait!!! Until then I’m adding a B-complex vitamin to help boost my energy & cal-mag since I’m continuing to bf and I have to do a food log for a week (dun dun dun) before my next appt.

We got family pics taken Monday… I can’t wait to get them & to see our announcement pic! I believe our photog will be back in town this week so we should be getting them soon!!! eep

Post # 4
    1194 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I’m relieved to see I’m not the only one who somewhat symptom free and starting to crave junk food! This week it was apples (again), soup, ice cream, and takeout. So yummy! 

This is the first weekend that I want to get through faster…come on Tuesday!

Post # 5
    679 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@MrsDulce:  Haha, I am 5w5d and I wanted chicken parm so bad last night, but instead managed to hold off and go for a healthier greek dinner with DH. But it was bad!

My boobs were fine except for random pin prick type pain but they are definitely getting more sore and sensitive each day – and bigger! I definitely had my first real bout of nausea right before I wanted chicken parm yesterday, so weird, and still have random mild/moderate cramps during the day.

I am just too superstitious to do a roll call yet (I know, ridiculous) but til I see my sticky bean (using the power of suggestion/positive thinking there) on the US on 7/31 at my first appt, I just can’t bring myself to do one.

Post # 6
    4511 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Hi everyone! 7 wks, 1 day here!

My symptoms have been coming and going…  boobs are a lot less sore (yes!) but definitely bigger. Nausea has been pretty minimal… I’ve been pretty deliberate with eating LOTS of protein and eating basically every hour or two. One thing I’m starting to think that might help is if I make sure to eat a large snack right before I go to bed, at  like 11 pm, then I think that keeps nausea at bay in the morning so I can at least have time to pour myself a bowl of cereal!

Post # 7
    11668 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

@red_rose:  I have found a snack at night coupled with a few crackers first thing in the morning keeps the n nausea to a minimum. 

Post # 9
    11668 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@bananasareyellow:  thanks! I will! Its first thing at 830! 🙂

Post # 10
    1132 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@runsyellowlites:  Would love to see your family pics! I definitely want to do some while I’m preggo. That’ll be so exciting when you have your 20 week u/s–you can always have the tech write the gender on a card and decide whether to look later. That’s what my mom and dad did with my baby brother–I think they went out to dinner after the appointment and opened it and cried with joy. Ha ha! 

@MrsDulce:  Oh my gosh, my junk food cravings are ridiculous. I read in one book “if you give into one craving, it will open the floodgates,” which is so true. I’ve mostly been wanting chocolate bars and yesterday I literally bought cheesy poofs. Weird… 

@hoogirl05:  I don’t blame you for hestitating to do roll call… for about a week after we found out, I didn’t want to post on WB for fear of jinxing things. Then I figured, I’m just going to go about my life, do whatever feels right and not believe in things like “jinx” or tempting fate. You have to do what is right for you! FX for your sticky baby! 

@red_rose:  You’re smart to go to bed on a full tummy. I definitely woke up in the middle of the night last night and felt hungry… I’m so jealous you are already at 7w! Only 5w here, aah.

Post # 11
    1132 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Does anyone else have pets who are acting insane? My dog is barking and running around and nipping at me… at the same time won’t leave my side. Crazy girl. I can’t tell if it’s because of the pregnancy or if she just needs a nap. Haha. 

Post # 14
    11668 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@hippomama:  I’ve noticed our dog is more clingy to me than usual. She always sleeps in the bed with us at the beginning of the night then leaves and comes back in the morning. She’s always at the end, too. Lately though she has been staying all night and insisting on cuddling right up next to me!

Post # 15
    1163 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@bananasareyellow:  I’m 7 weeks today and I’ve been insanely hungry too!  I’ve been having a bowl of cereal right before bed and last night when I woke up to pee I was starving. I had a couple of crackers and that helped me fall back asleep, but I’m not a midnight snacker usually, either. I didn’t know that week 7 was a big one for growth, but that would explain it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors