March 2014 Babies & Mamas Part 4: Well hello there, 2nd trimester!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? 13w4d – due March 16!

When is your next appointment? Sept. 19

How old are you? DH? I’m 28, DH is 35

First child or no? Yep, this is the first! 

Weight gain to date? About 7 lbs… oops… let’s just say pizza has been tasty

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? We did an OTC test that has mixed reviews, but we’ll find out “for sure” at the 20w ultrasound

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! I definitely want to do a nautical themed nursery, but I also love hippos (obviously) so a jungle theme would also be cute… not sure! Some of my favorite pics: 

Post # 5
1535 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Roll Call!

How far along are you & when are you due? 14 weeks and 2 days due March 11

When is your next appointment? Monday

How old are you? DH? I am 31 and my DH is an old man at 36 🙂

First child or no? Yes

Weight gain to date? I had lost weight as of my last appointment, but I will find out on Monday if I have started gaining.

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? Hopefully soon becuase I am dying!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics

I like this for a boy….

If it is a girl, I like the idea of navy and pink together, but we really aren’t sure yet.

Post # 6
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far along are you & when are you due? March 25th – 12 weeks 2 days

When is your next appointment? September 19th

How old are you? DH? I’m 30, DH is 25

First child or no? First

Weight gain to date? I had appointments on back to back days, first showed +3 lbs, second +5! I’ll stick with +3 for now.

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? At birth

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics!

http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2009/03/little-ps-robins-nest.html

Post # 7
4511 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

How far along are you & when are you due? 15 w 5 days? Due March 1

When is your next appointment? Oct. 4

How old are you? DH? I’m 29, he is almost 28

First child or no? yes

Weight gain to date? none, really. 🙁 I’ve always been borderline underweight, and it’s fluctuated a couple pounds, but I definitely haven’t gotten to where it’s consistently more than it used to be.

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? Oct. 7. 19 w and a few days!

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! None, actually. We were hoping to sell our house first thing this spring, but I guess we’ll have to hold off on that for a few months with a March baby! We don’t really have room right now for a separate nursery, so baby will just sleep in a pack n play or cosleeper somewhere til we sell our house and buy a bigger one.

Post # 8
679 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you & when are you due? 14w2d, due March 11, 2014

When is your next appointment? 9/16, can’t wait! Had to leave my doppler at home during vacation so I’ve missed “visiting” with baby every couple of days this week.

How old are you? DH? I am 30 (31 at the end of the month!) and DH is 30, he’ll turn 31 just after our meatball is born 🙂

First child or no? Yes

Weight gain to date? Haha, last time i checked maybe 3 lb but that was 2 weeks ago and we just started the second trimester (woohoo!) and are on what became a babymoon surrounded by awesome food, so um probably not so good at the next appt on 9/16

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? Maybe as early as our 15 week appt on Monday! We suspect boy already from the butt shots we got at 11w, but fx for a confirmation.

DH grew up on the water sailing and loves fishing so I’m thinking for our little boy a nautical nursery would be fun. Our guest room walls are already this shade of greenish grey (Benjamin Moore Nantucket Breeze) so to ground that color I’m thinking navy blue and white accents, but I can’t decide if dark brown or white furniture would look better (leaning toward dark brown, ), like this nursery

When are the rest of you ladies actually going to start working on your nursery? I’m thinking 20  weeks or so.

Post # 9
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yay, so excited for a new thread! 🙂

How far along are you & when are you due?  15w1d due March 5th

When is your next appointment?  Monday – Sept 16th

How old are you? DH? I’m 27 and he is 34

First child or no? First timer!

Weight gain to date? 0-3 lbs depending on the day

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? Hopefully on Tuesday at our elective u/s!  

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! I’m trying to stay away from looking at nursery things until gender is confirmed.  I started getting way too caught up in girl stuff so I had to stop myself.  We will definitely be painting the nursery gray though and will accent with either pink or blue depending on gender. Also, we aren’t into “themes” so we will see where we end up. 

Post # 10
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@bananasareyellow:  new thread, how exciting, thanks for looking after this! My due date has been changed to 14th march now, 1 day further along, yay!

How far along are you & when are you due?  13w6d

When is your next appointment? Boring midwife one on 1st oct and next scan on 25th oct

How old are you? DH? I’m 31 and husband is 34

First child or no? First!

Weight gain to date? None so far

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? At birth

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! We are getting all our furniture/baby stuff from our siblings who have completed their families, the only thing I’d like that they haven’t got is a cocoonababy instead of a cot/Moses basket to start. We only have a 2 bed house so leaving spare room as is and just adding a cot!

Post # 11
1535 posts
Bumble bee

Just to let you all know that Gap online has an extra 30% off your entire purchase again today.

Post # 12
1147 posts
Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  Thanks for the new thread! Now we all have something to talk about 🙂 I’m loving seeing all of the Nursery ideas!

How far along are you & when are you due?  13w2d, Due March 18

When is your next appointment? 16 week apt Oct 2 & Anatomy Scan October 22

How old are you? DH? I am 28, DH is 32

First child or no? Our first!

Weight gain to date? None

When do you expect to find out the sex of baby (ie. date, week, or at birth)? October 22

I’m really LOVING (read obsessing) over the color grey and elephants. I want grey walls, white furniture and elephants. We’ll add lavendar if its a girl and yellow if its a boy. I am converting my office into the nursery so I’ll have to move in to DH’s office (ack we’ll have to share!) – I want to switch out the blinds to white wooden shutters & put in a closet organizing system but other wise the room should be good to go. FIL already hinted that they’ll be buying lots of the baby stuff, I was talking about nursery furniture and he said “good thing there’s a big holiday between now & when the baby comes.” – It’s their first grandchild and they are over the moon about the LO. 

Post # 13
1132 posts
Bumble bee

@ThePrincessBride10612:  I love that little elephant! Maybe because elephants look like hippos 🙂 But seriously, that is adorable. Such a fun idea. 

Post # 14
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

How far along are you & when are you due? 12 weeks + 3 days.  Due March 24th.

When is your next appointment? October 10th.

How old are you? DH? I’m 31, DH is 38.

First child or no? First!

Weight gain to date?  I don’t own a scale but I was down 5 at my 8 week appointment and at my 12 week appointment was still down 4 and that was 2 days ago.  I’m feeling better and eating more now so hopefully start gaining a bit now. 

Share your nursery design ideas / inspiration pics! This is the inspiration pic, but we are using white furniture and incorporating some giraffe and safari stuff.  And less grey. The main area of our house is grey so I promised DH to go easy on the grey in the nursery.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors