March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 7 – Here Come the BABIES!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
1147 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@bananasareyellow:  Eeek I can’t believe its time to begin our final pregnancy thread!!! Thanks for getting us started.

How many days until due date & when are you due?
38.5 days, March 18

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Nothing on the books, so far we’re still planning on having baby when she plans to arrive.

Any signs of labor yet? Lots of BH, especially when I do too much.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 27 pounds give or take

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? I’d like to go drug free & get the labor room with tub to help control the pain.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just me and DH (and necessary medical peeps)

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I want her to come March 29 (11 days late), I’m pretty confident she’ll be late. My guess is just under/at 7lbs and 19ish inches.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Tools for Labor Class (tomorrow), BF class 2/18 and newborn infant care class 3/2. oh and of course to get the damn closet finished!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH is taking 5-12 weeks off, we’ll find out at the beginning of April if he got picked for either of the two jobs transfers he put in for (DC or Hawaii) – so we might be moving while he’s on leave which would affect how much time he takes off.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I’m a SAHW getting promoted to SAHM

Bump love photo!

Post # 5
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@bananasareyellow:  So crazy how close we all are!! Thanks for making this thread!

FINAL PRE-BABY ROLL-CALL!

How many days until due date & when are you due? 41 days! March 21 (they day after my birthday!)

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Not that I know of, but I have my baby appt on Monday!

Any signs of labor yet? Just some non-painful BH.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? About 23/24#

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Epidural, c-section if necessary, skin to skin right after birth, plan to BF

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just DH and I

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I’m going to guess he arrives March 23 and weigh 8lb 5 oz. (Just totally pulled that out of no where… he just seems to be in no hurry to get out any time soon)

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Waiting for the crib to arrive/assemble it, wash all clothing/bedding, bleach soak dipes, figure out storage for the nursery, buy a side table & tall lamp, move my recliner in to the nursery, make a mobile, put together the stroller, one more baby shower, deep clean the house, make a few more freezer meals…– holy cow, I have a lot to do…

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH is planning to take about a week off from work then I think my mom wants to come stay for a few days and soak in the squish-goodness

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? Planning to do 12 weeks, but the last 6 would be unpaid… Still kind of trying to decide if I should go back sooner.

Bump love photo! This is from 2 weeks ago, so I can update with a 34-weeker soon

Post # 6
1163 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I can’t believe we are all so close!  Seems like we were just posting our first bump photos and now look at us!  You ladies look beautiful!

How many days until due date & when are you due? 22 days!  Due March 2

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Nope, letting nature do its thing

Any signs of labor yet? BH have been increasing in length and strength, crampiness, upset stomach off and on

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? Looks like we are all on the same track, 27 lbs for me too

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Giving birth at a free-standing birth center as long as everything goes according to plan.  So no pain meds unless I want to transfer to the hospital.  We have a doula to help with pain management and support.  If we have a boy we will not be circumcizing

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH and Doula in addition to the midwife and nurse(s).  I can’t imagine letting anyone else, even and especially my mom, see me in that state.  And I’m close with my mom.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl?  I dont’ think I”ll make it to my due date, but I HOPE to make it past Feb 21 because that’s my last day at work.  We are team green and I’m convinced it’s a boy mostly because that’s about 90% of people’s predictions and my gut feeling very early in the pregnancy.  We also don’t have a girl name, so boy would make it easier 🙂

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list?  We are installing the carseat this weekend and all the other major things are done, but I’m waiting on my mom to finish making the curtains and bedskirt for the nursery and I still have lots of organizing to do.  Between last night and this morning I put together the swing, bouncer, and rock n play, so check those off the list!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)?  DH is taking a month off of work which I am SO happy about, but no plans to have anyone else here for more than visits.  I would probably have a mental breakdown if my MIL came to help.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM?  I’m planning to take just over 3 months.  I’m a little nervous about finances because close to half will be unpaid, but I’ve decided that we’ll just make it work because I don’t want to take less

Bump love photo!

I’m still in my PJs, but I took these this morning.  One is left side the other is right…I feel like I look so much bigger from the left side!

Post # 7
1163 posts
Bumble bee

One more thing I realized I need to do…make some pad-sicles!  Is anyone else doing this?

Post # 9
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Looks like I will be the first March Momma! Which is good, I’m glad we all had healthy pregnancies and no surprises!! I have come down with an AWESOME sinus infection. Not looking forward to delivering and not being able to breathe. It is getting better but ugh. So not the time to get a cold. 

How many days until due date & when are you due? EDD of March 2nd, 2014 but inducing dun, dun, dun…..tomorrow (2/9/14) night!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Inducing at 37 weeks due to high blood pressure.

Any signs of labor yet? Definitely having tons of BHs, he’s head down and my cervix is killing me. Hope I have dilated a little bit more than the 1cm, 70% effaced I was on Thursday. 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 10 pounds. 

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? epidural, go with the flow, skin to skin, no visitors for awhile.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just my husband

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? DH and I actually talked about our guesses today. DH says 6 pounds 5 oz and I say 6 pounds 14 oz. Hoping I am right! 

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? I just completed my last shopping trip. I’m going to make a few more crockpot meals, cut DH’s hair, put together the bassinet, take a last bump picture, and go on a last date night with my wonderful husband! 🙂 Going to our favorite tepanyaki restaurant(the asian one where they cook your food in front of you). Oh so excited. 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH will be home for one week and then going in occasionally for the second week. He can also work from home a little bit. Then my sister will be here for 5 days, then my mom for 7 days. Stinks living 10 hours away from family 🙁 

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I am taking the full 12 weeks. Found out that I get paid 80% for 8 weeks and then 60% for the following 4. I am SO excited, was not expecting that at all. Thought it would be 80% for 6 weeks then nothing. Then I am going back to work part time. So two twelve hour shifts! Woo! 

I’ll post a bump picture later.

Prayers and thoughts for a healthy boy with no NICU time needed appreciated! 

Post # 10
1163 posts
Bumble bee

@NoMoreStew:  Definitely lots of good thoughts coming your way!  So excited for you, my due date twin!

Post # 11
1163 posts
Bumble bee

@bananasareyellow:  That’s pretty much how I’m going to do it too, maybe a couple drops of lavendar oil.  Do you think it decreases the absorbancy at all?  I haven’t read about people experiencing that, but it seems like if you use too much aloe or witch hazel, it would use up the absorbant stuff inside.

Post # 13
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due? March 3

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Nope

Any signs of labor yet?  Lots of Braxton Hicks, occasional cramps

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)?  25lbs

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I really wanted to try to go natural, but it is now looking like I will face more obstacles to that plan, and I’m trying very hard to stay open minded

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl?  DH and I were both 5 weeks early and around 5 lbs, so I am expecting her early.  I’ll say 2/15

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list?  Baby CPR class tomorrow; more research into breast feeding  (have people found classes helpful?)

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)?  DH will say at home/ work from home hopefully for a few weeks

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM?  4 months

Post # 14
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Wow cant believe our first March baby is just around the corner!! This 9 months has gone super fast. Good luck everyone!! 

How many days until due date & when are you due? 40 Days! Due March 21st

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? I am being induced at 38 weeks, so around March 10th due to history of Preeclampsia. Still waiting to confirm exact date next week woo hoo! 

Any signs of labor yet? Nope – I dont think he is in a hurry to leave just yet 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 15kgs 

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Would like to go for just the gas but because of my history of preeclampsia if my BP goes up I will have to have the epidural. Im pretty happy to just go with the flow and follow the drs on the day. 

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just DH. We have agreed we wont have any visitors for a little while. We will be transfering to a maternity unit closer to home after he is born if all goes to plan so people are welcome to come there but definately no one to the birthing suite. 

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? Im thinking 11th March and 7lb 8 oz 

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Nothing! We are ready to go! 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH is taking 2 weeks off work. Im sure my Mum will be around alot but she wont be staying with us. 

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? In NZ you get 14 weeks paid and your employer has to hold your job open for 1 year. I intend on being a SAHM but will see how things turn out. 

Bump love photo! This is from our maternity shoot at 32 weeks, im now 34 weeks but dont think iv grown much between then

Post # 15
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due? based on what others are saying, looks like 36 days? March 16! 

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? nothing scheduled at this point. hoping to let her come naturally! 

Any signs of labor yet? none at all. I haven’t even really had any BH, though I’ve talked to friends who didn’t start getting them til 36w

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? ugh, 35 lbs. I have polyhydramnios, so I’m hoping some of that is excess fluid. But yeah, wow. 

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? drug free birth! I want to labor naturally and go without an epidural. I’m actually scared of the epidural, so I’m hoping I’ll have the energy to make it through. 

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH, our doula, and the medical peeps!

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I’m guessing she’ll be a little early. Let’s say March 7, 8 lbs 6 oz! 

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? I have a toy to return to Target, have to wash her clothes and cloth diapers, buy a changing table cover and baby wipes and some disposable diapers just in case, get a GLIDER. 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? depends when the baby comes! DH is planning to take 6 weeks off, which is amazing, using his sick leave. My mom comes in late March, so if DD is early, it’ll be awhile before she arrives!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I will be on mat leave for 4.5 months, and I feel so blessed to have that opportunity

Bump love photo! don’t have any handy! maybe will take one later

Post # 16
898 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

April Momma stopping by to say that I CAN’T believe it is already time to start seeing babies! All you mommas look amazing and I’m totally stalking to start seeing the little bundles of joy coming soon 🙂 Pretty soon it’ll be Aprils turn!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors