March 2014 Babies & Moms Part 8 – Here Come MORE BABIES!!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due? – 14, March 25th!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? – nope!

Any signs of labor? – barely! Some BH and crampiness.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? – ugh, weighed in today… 40 pounds!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? – hoping to go drug free at least until 7cm (we’ve been told less risk of c-section), but I’m going in pretty laissez-faire.

Who will be in the delivery room? – DH, that’s it! Besides doc and nurses, obviously.

What is left on your pre-baby to do list? – Buy baby thermometer and meds.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? – DH is taking at least three weeks, but has also started working from home 🙂 my mom might take a week off once DH starts working again. I just started my one year paid maternity/parental leave.

bananasareyellow:  so jealous of all you March ladies with babies already! Matthew is adorable. Good to know about the pacifiers!

Post # 4
1163 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When was your LO born – date and gestation length? February 23, 39 weeks exactly

Baby stats – name, sex, weight, height: Boy! (we were team green), Oliver, 6lbs 13oz and 19 inches

Final pregnancy weight gain and how are you feeling about your body post-partum? (if you care to share) I’m not 100% sure, but I was at 31 pounds 5 days before he was born, so somewhere around that.  I’m feeling alright about my body 2 weeks PP.  Belly very squishy but has decreased in size a lot.  I was excited to be out of the woods as far as stretch marks, but turns out I developed some light ones as my stomach shrunk.  Didn’t realize that was possible.  I’m also liking the new size of my breasts, but those unfortunately came with quite a few dark stretch marks 🙁

Did your birth go according to plan? Brief synopsis if you could and/or link to birth story. I couldn’t have asked for a better birth experience.  I gave birth at a midwife-run birth center without the option of narcotic pain killers and I (somehow) was able to do it.  Labor started at around 3am with painful contractions 4-5 minutes apart…no gradual buildup here!  They continued to get more intense and closer together with very little relief in between.  Our doula got to our house around 9ish (I think) and we were at the birth center around 9:30.  Thankfully, I was 7cm when we got there (I was so afraid that I had gone through all that work and pain and was only going to be 3 or 4 cm).  I got into the birth tub as soon as it was full and my water broke soon after.  After I started pushing they had me get onto the bed so that gravity could help move him down, and after an hour and 15 min of pushing, he was born at 11:32am.  He started out sunny side up so I had some awful back labor off and on as he made his way down and tried to rotate himself.  The midwife helped encourage his head into the correct position and he was born face down.  His cord was only about a foot long, so until his cord stopped pulsing, our skin-to-skin was done on my lower stomach because that’s as far as he would reach.  We were home with 6 hours and had 2 home visits from the nurses in the first few days, which was awesome and SO helpful with breastfeeding.

Anything you’d do different next time in regards to labor or the postpartum recovery period / any advice for March mamas yet to have their LO’s? Nothing different for labor, although one of the first things I said after was “I’m never doing that again” (the pain is INTENSE).  Same as bananas, I didn’t use any padsicles so that was kind of a waste, but no big deal.  My tips are Always Infinity pads, seek help with breastfeeding as soon as possible, the home visits were huge for me and I can’t imagine being able to catch on so quickly without that help, if you are determined to go med-free and you’re giving birth in the hospital make sure you have someone to remind you why you don’t want meds and keep you focused because there was a point where if I had the option I probably would have begged for the epidural.  But I made it through and am so happy it went the way it did. 

What has been the most challenging part of parenthood so far? The crying when we don’t know what’s wrong or how to help him is frustrating and makes me feel so bad for him.  It’s usually after he eats and seems to have some gas bubbles that we can’t get out.  I think my left breast may be overproducing because he spits up A LOT after eating on that side (he spits up after every feeding, but the left more than the right).  I also sometimes have a tough time with him wanting to eat every 2 hours still.  It just feels constant.  

What has been the most rewarding part of parenthood so far? Watching how much he has changed in just 2 weeks.  His eyes are open more and I love just watching him look around and taking things in.  He’s also gaining weight very quickly (over a pound since birth) so I know my milk is doing what it’s supposed to!

What good-intentioned pre-baby plans/”I won’t do X” have you already abandoned? I can’t think of any yet.  

BABY LOVE photo! 

<br /><br />Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-moms-part-8-here-come-more-babies/#ixzz2vgTSga36

Post # 5
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due? 14 days! March 25<sup>th</sup> When we went for our 36 week ultrasound 2 weeks ago, the baby was measuring 7lb 10oz… I am 5’ 3” and (previously) rather small. Ack! Please don’t be late!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Nope

Any signs of labor? Twinges, but I have no idea what’s going on. Internal check on Thursday, hopefully progress is being made.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? Something like 38 lbs as of last week.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Drug-free hopefully

Who will be in the delivery room? Just my husband

What is left on your pre-baby to do list? Naps! A Target run for depends and such. Maybe some cleaning if this nesting thing hits. Feeling pretty calm about where we are.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? My husband will be home for at least a week. My parents have a condo up the street, so I think my mom will stay for a couple of weeks.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I think I’ll be a SAHM/go part time, we’ll see how it all plays out.

Post # 6
78 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

How many days until due date & when are you due? 4 days until March 15th

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? There has been mention due to size and BP but nothing planned

Any signs of labore? Incredible amounts of BH and I think some real ones mixed in but I might be over analyzing. Currently 2 cm and 70% effaced but its been that way for 3 weeks. Lost mucus plug almost a week ago.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? Was hovering right around 20lbs up until my appointment yesterday and was up another 5. Thinking its water, yesterday was the 1<sup>st</sup> day I couldn’t wear my wedding rings

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Pretty much go with the flow. I was trying to plan up until a week or so ago, but I really am just focusing on having labor start at this point!

Who will be in the delivery room? Just my DH

What is left on your pre-baby to do list? We are pretty much set, just looking to have the lil meatball!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? DH will be off for a week or so and my Mom only lives about 10 minutes away. Unfortunately, DH’s mom and dad are passed so its tough for him.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? Would love to be a SAHM, but I have to settle for 6 months off. After that my mom will be watching the meatball.

BUMP LOVE photo!

<br /> <br />This picture is actually from 2 weeks ago at 37 weeks exactly.  Right now I feel like I could explode!

Yesterday we got our first look at L&D triage.  At my Dr appointment yesterday, my BP was 155/98, even after taking numerous times in different positions.  Well, they sent us to the hospital for blood work and monitering.  We even stopped home first for my bag and to feed the dog, hoping we wouldn’t be leaving as 2 that night.  Well after 2 hours they sent us on our way. BP came down to 118/80 which is the norm for me.  Had to go back today to the Dr office to get checked again and it was 138/82.  They didn’t seemed concerned.  Unfortuately said they would see me next Monday. 

I am so anxious to have this baby.  I have been doing every home remedy I come across.  The only thing I haven’t tried is the castor oil, I’m just scared of that one.

To all the mama’s with babies already I love seeing the pictures, they are all beautiful.  Keep the tips coming!

Post # 7
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Jaynee:  Oliver is soooo adorable!

When LO is gassy, she loves laying stomach down on my chest with her knees pulled up to her stomach. Not sure if you’ve tried that. Or laying him across your thighs belly down. I also do gentle massage on her belly and do the bicycle thing with her legs while she lays on her back. Generally just pushing her knees towards her belly seems to really help. 

Post # 8
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ll add this from the previous thread:

sprusa6:  Thanks for the update. Sounds like things went smoothly for you and your family!

jrtink:  I’m in the same boat as you… I’m only scheduled to work through next Monday and I’m wondering if I should be picking up at work since I don’t want to sit home… My doc doesn’t do cervical checks for the exact reason you were talking about.. he doesn’t want people to get frustrated when they aren’t progressing as they ‘think they should’. I’ve been having lots of cramping and shooting pains down south and just feeling tired and yuck… hopefully it means things are progressing!

Post # 9
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

“FINAL” ROLL-CALL (again!)!

*For those still pregnant:

How many days until due date & when are you due? Due March 21, 10 more days!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Everything seems to be as planned, babe is head down and ready to head out any day!

Any signs of labor? Cramping and discomfort super low in my pelvis, shooting pains through the vajay

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? About 30 lbs… hoping to stop since I’m still hoping to get out of this without any stretch marks–I’ve made it this far, so why not!!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Play it by ear with some kind of pain medicine, definitely epidural, circumcision, hubby to cut umbilical cord… that is really about it.

Who will be in the delivery room? Hubby and I with the medical team

What is left on your pre-baby to do list? Pack hospital bags, finish organizing baby junk, hang up decor in the nursery.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? DH is staying home for about a week but then needs to go out of town for 8 days. My momma will be coming to stay with me during that time frame.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? 12 weeks off of work

BUMP LOVE photo! I will have to update since I haven’t really taken any recently!! I’m definitely more puffy and just do not feel cute anymore

<br /><br />

Post # 10
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due? 5 days, March 16

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? yes! I’m being induced… now! Due to 1. polyhydramnios 2. gestational hypertension 3. elevated urine protein. Eek!

Any signs of labor? Since starting pit 5.5 hours ago, I’ve started having more cramping but nothing too severe

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? yea 51 lbs. Hoping a lot of it is fluid… 

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? unmedicated vaginal birth 

Who will be in the delivery room? DH and my doula eventually

What is left on your pre-baby to do list? I guess nothing since delivery day is here!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? yes, DH has 3 weeks off work, and my mom is coming for 10 days. woohoo!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? 4.5 months of maternity leave

BUMP LOVE photo! Suffice it to say I’m huge 🙂

Post # 11
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

hippomama:  wow, all the best! So exciting! Keep us udated if you can!

Post # 12
1450 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

bananasareyellow:  he is just so so beautiful! Congrats again and thanks for sharing so much info! 🙂

Post # 13
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

When was your LO born – date and gestation length?  Feb 20 at 38+1

Baby stats – name, sex, weight, height: female, 6lbs 14oz, 19.5 in

Final pregnancy weight gain and how are you feeling about your body post-partum? (if you care to share) 20 lbs total. Back to pre-preg weight but belly is definitely softer! Might actually have to go to the gym now 🙁 

Did your birth go according to plan? Brief synopsis if you could and/or link to birth story. Yes it was pretty much my ideal experience.

Anything you’d do different next time in regards to labor or the postpartum recovery period / any advice for March mamas yet to have their LO’s? Not really. The only thing I would do differently beforehand is Have everything prepared in nursery, at work, in house etc by 36 weeks!

What has been the most challenging part of parenthood so far? Adjusting toyour schedule   revolving around someone else.

What has been the most rewarding part of parenthood so far? Knowing that I’m responsible for this tiny person’s happiness! It’s an overwhelming responsibility but a great feeling when she is content and I’m the reason for it. 

What good-intentioned pre-baby plans/”I won’t do X” have you already abandoned? Nothing yet but I’m sure there will be some along the line. I tried to go into parenthood with no plan or list of things I would or wouldn’t do. I did say I wouldn’t hold baby while sleeping during the day all the time and I try not to but it happens quite a bit! They’re only so tiny for a short period of time I can’t help myself! Luckily it doesn’t seem to be affecting her sleep at night for now.

<br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” /><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px;” />Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/march-2014-babies-moms-part-8-here-come-more-babies/#ixzz2vkm6dazf

Post # 14
1538 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due? 0, I was due yesterday.

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? I am scheduled to be induced on Sunday evening if I don’t go into labor before then.

Any signs of labor? Nope.  I have some cramping, but nothing else.  I did finally make it to 1 centimeter yesterday!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)?  I dnn’t look at the scale because I don’t want to know.  I was pretty swollen at my doctor’s appointment yesterday, so I am sure it was high.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I know I want skin to skin immediately after delivery, but I am unsure about the medication aspect yet.  I will make that call in the moment.

Who will be in the delivery room? Just me and DH

What is left on your pre-baby to do list?  We have a few small things to do.  DH had to patch some holes in the wall from hanging up the curtains, so he needs to repaint over his patch work.  I am still in the process of buying one-sized diapers (I have about 20), but we are all set with newborn diapers, so I don’t feel too big of rush.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)?  If I do get induced, DH will have to go back to work after our first day home because they start a new project on the 18th, so that kind of sucks.  I am sure our familes will be over to help out though, but nothing planned.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM?  I will just be able to take the 6 weeks.

BUMP LOVE photo! Here is hopefully my last bump photo in his room.  Ignore my weird face and my messy hair.  It was a rough day yesterday.  🙂

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 15
1538 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

bananasareyellow:  Matthew is adorable!  I am glad you haven’t had any issues with the pacifiers.  They told us all about nipple confusion as well, so DH is sticking to it, and it makes me nervous to say we are not introducing it.

Jaynee:  He is so cute and alert!  I also love that towel you have!  Where did you get it?

jrtink:  I am so jealous that you are 2 centimeters and lost your mucus plug already!  I wouldn’t worry too much about your BP.  The past couple of weeks mine has gone up and down like yours, and they haven’t seemed too concerned about it either.

MrsWBS:  I am jealous that you are back to your pre-pregnancy weight!  That is awesome!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors