March 2015 Brides.. We're less than 12 months away!

posted 3 years ago in March 2015
Post # 2
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

YAY! Less than a year to go. I just got my dress yesterday and ordered my reception dress. FI and I will be meeting with our venue coordinator this month to go over our theme. We are also getting our engagement photos taken this weekend, which we are SO excited about. It’s going to be kind of crazy, as we are moving Saturday before the photos and Sunday I am running a race in DC. 🙂 It’s really starting to feel real to me! 

Post # 3
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

My FI proposed the first week of march this year and within days I had already made venue appointments! Then within a week I had found my dream venue, which ended up being the venue my Mother wanted her reception at but couldn’t afford it (she is very excited for me). We also have the photographer, videographer, DJ, and limos booked. Our STDs are being shipped to us as I write this post and I have also been browsing through invitation styles. This coming weekend we have our first appointments with a florist and an appointment for food tasting at the venue. Then next weekend is my very first dress try-on appointment, which I am most excited about. This past month has definitely been a whirlwind of setting things up but now I feel secure and able to breathe considering most of the important things that book up fast are taken care of. 

I find myself going from extremely excited to extremely stressed about money. I am sure I’m not the only one of course! Although with my newly obtained career path and salary increase (and will be obtaining another one once I pass licensing tests) everything is coming together nicely. This year will go so fast!

Post # 5
209 posts
Helper bee

Miss_E_xx:  Thank you! I completely understand what you mean, I couldn’t imagine leaving everything to the last minute. It would be panick central for me hah! The dress appointment is the very first trying on. I’m very nervous because I have all my BMs and my mother and my godmother coming (total of 6 people) and while 4/6 of those people are pretty laid back, there are two people I am worried about being overly opinionated due to a few things they’ve said about the type of dress I want. I’m not one to succum to pressures or do anything I don’t want, but I am also a people pleaser and extremely anti-confrontational so I have a strong feeling by the end of the appointment I might be frustrated.

Hopefully not of course! All my BMs are good people and will be happy with what I’m happy with. 

Post # 7
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - City Winery New York, NY

Miss_E_xx:  I’m so excited! I haven’t booked much, but have booked everything that can’t be “double booked”. We’ve got our venue, our photographer and our band all lined up. Now I’m trying to pin down an event stylist (like a florist, but does a little more) and get our hotel room blocks set up.

I’m also working quite a bit on our wedding website. I wanted it to be really personal, so I’m creating it from scratch and having all the people’s pictures be made into cartoons via Etsy. I think it will be very cute once it is complete.

I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s progress as the next 12 months tick by!

Best,<br />L

Post # 9
331 posts
Helper bee

So exciting… Only 332 days until my March 2015 wedding! We keep being told we’re super organised. I have to agree with the PP’s… I’d be a mess if I weren’t organised! We’re hopefully booking our photographer on Thursday evening. I’m procrastinating with my dress though… I have more than a few kg to lose!!

Post # 10
209 posts
Helper bee

Miss_E_xx:  I officially had my first dress shopping experience yesterday and it went so well!!! It was an absolute blast, all my initial worries went straight out the door and everything went off without a problem. I also found my dream dress!!!! After trying 4 dresses on, the 5th was it! Under 30 minutes too ahah.

Here is also an update on the wedding planning:

In addition to everything in my original post we now have booked our florists, like i just said I have found my dress, and bridesmaid dresses are picked out and ordered. Our food tasting with the venue went very well. We “booked” our officiant, my aunt who was the one that introduced my FI and me. Our STDs officially were delivered and I’ve gotten through about half of our guests with writting out the addresses. I think that is everything haha.

The only things left that need to be settled on are the mens tuxes, the cake, hair and make up, and where we are going on our honeymoon.

It’s all coming together so fast!

And here is a picture of my dress:

Post # 13
209 posts
Helper bee

Miss_E_xx:  it is similar! it’s so funny because I had never heard of Maggie sottero before and the morning of dress shopping I met this woman who I know from past work experience and she was giving advice and had said to check out Maggie Sottero. After I had tried on all the dresses and officially chose mine, the consultant informed me it was a Maggie sottero and I was like “thats crazy!”

We already have our STDs and I have them half filled out. So once I actually find the time to fill out the remaining addresses, I will send out the 100% invited people and then when it gets closer and we officially cross all the t’s and dot all the I’s for our maybe invited list we will send those out. 

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - Floral Terrace

March 2015 bride also, super excited.  Was engaged for a few years but we just decided this january to plan for the wedding.  already have the venue, dj, photo and video booked.  Dress shopping and an engagment shoot session (for the Std’s) is next.  Trying to be as organized as possible. i’m so freaking excited!!!!!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors