March 2017 POAS!

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 601
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

starfish0116 :  FX for you!! Hopefully you will get a line on that FRER in the AM!

Post # 602
236 posts
Helper bee

starfish0116 :  FX for a BFP tomorrow!

I just need to vent today. I haven’t had a bladder infection in months, but this morning it hit me hard. I vent to the doctor and it will take them 2 days to have a diagnosis on the right antibiotics. So 2 days at work with pain, cramps and so much shit to get done. 

I’m glad that this doesn’t happen during FW, but it just stucks. I probably will test early on wednesday, because I don’t know how pregnancy and antibiotics go together, but I don’t think I’m pregnant anyway.

Post # 604
5978 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I grabbed a two pack of FRER this afternoon and it’s taking everything I have not to test until tomorrow morning. They’re so darn expensive I don’t want to waste them.

I did a dollar tree test with SMU and it was negative so part of me is worried it’s pointless to use up an expensive one this late in the day.

Post # 605
230 posts
Helper bee

So I tested early (day 11 OPK) and BFN. Not overly surprised as we had a very off month in terms of BD! Honestly the last 2 months, since we began ttc, have been the longest ever. 

Post # 606
5983 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

dublingirl :  it’s still early!!

I tested today (9 DPO) and not surprisngly it was negative.  I’m out of town till Friday (13 DPO) so I’ll test again then.  And probably every morning till AF after that, lol.

Post # 609
236 posts
Helper bee

SeaOfLove :  Thanks for the kind words 🙂

I tested this morning with FMU and got my BFN at 8DPO – maybe it was just to early, so I have to test again tomorrow for the antibiotics.

Post # 610
5978 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Tested this morning with FMU on a FRER and it was negative – so maybe my wondfo yesterday was just an evap line. I know I’m not out until AF shows, but not feeling very hopeful.

I did realize when I got home that in my rush to grab the box of tests I managed to get an elusive pack of the straight sticks instead of curved stick.

Post # 611
2924 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

starfish0116 :  is it possible you got the Rapid Result instead of the Early? 

Post # 613
1587 posts
Bumble bee

SeaOfLove :  annili :  Chronic UTI/bladder infections here, too! Do you ladies take a cranberry supplement? When I take one daily (you can get them anywhere and they come in gel caps, chewables, gummies) I find that I can usually keep them at bay. I was worried about this too with TTC because you’re instinct is to lay in bed for awhile after BD instead of getting up to pee right away. I got some terrible UTIs earlier last year when I stopped taking my cranberry, and since I started taking them again, I’ve had almost no problems.

Fun fact – cranberry helps with UT and bladder health because it keeps the bacteria from sticking to the UT and bladder walls so your body can flush it out instead of letting it brew in your system. 

Post # 614
5983 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

MargaritaVille :  I’m not chronic but I get them now and then. lately I’ve found when I feel the first signs of uti (needing to pee but not having anything, and it all being a bit painful) if I drink a ton of water (6 glasses, maybe 8.. on top of my normal intake) I can flush it out before it progresses. it’s worked ~3 times for me so far.. course, there’s no way to know it wouldn’t have cleared up on its own.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors