March 2018 Brides – It's almost here!

posted 4 weeks ago in March 2018
Post # 2
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I’m March 24th! Coming up quick!

We are having a really small wedding (21 guests + us), so even though a lot of odds and ends aren’t tied up yet I think we’ll be ok. I need a dress still (I know…yikes…), and I’ve had a heck of a time finding one. He needs a suit.

Other than that…need to order flowers and a cake, but I have meetings with a florist and a baker in the next couple weeks. 

Also still need to mail invites…those will go out later this week.

Oh! And centerpieces. I’m waffling there…

Post # 3
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018 - The Venue, Barkisland, UK

We’re such a quiet bunch in March! We’re gearing up for our big day on the 30th…

L606 :  you could try IKEA for cheap vases, and then put battery powered microlights in them? Or floating candles.

futuremrspk :  what are you looking for in a dress?

We still have:

FI and groomsmen suits – we’ve been waiting for the spring colours (light-mid grey) to come in!
Vows
Ceremony music if we’re having any playing in the background
Buy a zillion LED candles (our decor is basically copper lanterns)
Buy bowls and sweets for the sweet table
Find a fairy light table
Confirm timings for hair and makeup for bridal party
Finalise menu (just waiting on an alternate suggestion from the caterer)
Table numbers to be ordered after RSVPs (2 weeks)
Seating plan
Cake (just to confirm whether we want extra cutting cakes based on RSVPs and pay the balance)

My engagement ring needs to go in for resizing and plating, my wedding band is ideally going to be engraved, I had my first dress fitting yesterday and pick that up on the 24th Feb, FI’s wedding band has been ordered and will hopefully arrive in time, we have copper lanterns everywhere, must book hair and makeup trials, I can’t decide whether to get the Game of Thrones dagger to use as a cake knife…

Post # 4
754 posts
Busy bee

March 15 and eloping here…

so far we have;

booked photog and officiant

booked our location

Chosen my dress and shoes

booked our mini-moon 

Ordered our wedding rings

We still need to do;

fix buttons on FIs tux & pick a new bow tie 

order a small cake 

put together my bouquet 

Hair and makeup appointment for me

plus the stress of house hunting…I’m ready for it all to be over and to just enjoy my husband and marriage and hopefully new home soon! 🙂 

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi Ladies! I’m also a March babe right here! We decided to focus more on putting together a fun dinner party with dancing than super ceremonial wedding. That being said, I’m super Type-A and completed 90% of our checklist months ago BUT all the downtime has me FREAKING OUT. It doesn’t help that FH is super Type-B and his go to response is to “relax.” I’m not sure about ya’ll but being told to “relax” incurs the exact opposite feeling!

If anything, the biggest thing left “to do” is dealing with everyone else’s agendas. Everything was super chill for the past 12 months but somehow in the last 2-3 months family have come out of the woodwork with additional “ideas” and “traditions” that are leaving me a bit at wits end. I mostly came here for anon moral support from other ladies who are month twins. 

Post # 7
108 posts
Blushing bee

L606 :  I got my dress! Found it on Etsy actually — 240 bucks! Score! My wedding is super small — 21 guests total. We will have one long table for everyone. I ordered two low, round floral arrangements. Those, in addition to my bouquet that I’ll put in a vase at the center of the table, plus a bunch of small votive candles, will suffice! Cheap, too. 😛 Good luck picking out your centerpiece! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors