posted 3 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 47
294 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Your age/partner’s age: 29/39

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 1

Ovulation Date: Unsure now, sometime near the end of February or beginning of March. Will use opks early this cycle because I think I missed it last cycle! 

POAS Date: March 14, earlier if I ovulate on the early side. 

Usual Cycle Length: 28-32

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, prenatals, and continuing preseed. I realized I wasn’t applying it correctly the last few cycles! Oops! 

Trying anything new this month? We’re going to use the plan of BD every other day a few days after my period ends, three in a row when I get a positive opk, then skip a day before BD one last time.

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What’s your go to band/song when you can’t decide what to listen to? I’ve been really enjoying Imagine Dragons recently! 

Post # 48
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I wasn’t sure if I’d join this month because I started the infertility board. But I can’t seem to stay away from you ladies! 

Your age/partner’s age: 27/27

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 11

Ovulation Date: well I will find out tomorrow when my trigger day will be. But I’m hoping it will be the 14th and IUI/O day will be the 15.

POAS Date: March 1/2

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 days 

Cycles Trying: This is um 18? I’m honestly having a hard time remembering now.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Trigger shot and IUI. 

Trying anything new this month? Trying to relax and just let the doctor do his thing. I haven’t even opened up FF since CD 1 which is a huge accomplishment for me! 😂

For fun: What’s your go to band/song when you can’t decide what to listen to? Um. Lol. 90’s pop music on pandora 

Post # 49
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Update: I’m CD1 now, so if I ovulate on CD22 (March 4) like I think I did last month (it could have been 24 but looking back, I think its 22), then my POAS date (14dpo, right?) is March 18!

Post # 50
256 posts
Helper bee

Updating since I got AF when I was leaving for my business trip last Wednesday:

Your age/partner’s age: 37/37

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD5

Ovulation Date: I’m guessing 2/20 based on my Ovia app (I don’t temp)

POAS Date: 3/7 – Going to hold out until the day before AF is due. It’s during our honeymoon so I’m taking a whole bunch of pregnancy tests with me and I will either be celebrating or drinking.

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days before MC – 29 days first cycle after and 26 days 2nd cycle after

Cycles Trying: #3 but 1st after MC 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, OPKs & Ovia app

Trying anything new this month? Nope

Link to your chart if charting: n/a

For fun: What’s your go to band/song when you can’t decide what to listen to? Artist – Jay Z

Post # 51
1785 posts
Buzzing bee

Your age/partner’s age: 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 4DPO

Ovulation Date: 2/25

POAS Date: 2/10

Usual Cycle Length: 31

Cycles Trying: 4, got pregnant, had a MC, this is 4th cycle, 3rd trying since the MC 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): baby asprin, opk, prenatal, smep

Trying anything new this month? baby asprin

Link to your chart if charting: 

For fun: What’s your go to band/song when you can’t decide what to listen to? lately its been Justin Timberlake! 

Post # 54
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

nursebee22 :  Hoping for an O date soon for you so you can get that positive!! 

How well does the Ava work for you? Do you wear it all the time or just when you go to bed? 

Post # 56
1283 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

nursebee22 :  Hmm that’s interesting! I’m also using Ovia and FF to see what they both say – I like the chart better in FF but I like all the information and more user friendly data entry in Ovia lol. My sleep is so messed up but I average 4-5 hours of sleep a day…on the ones where I work at least. Tonight’s my last shift of the stretch so I’ll sleep good the next 5 days. 

When you’re using OPK’s and ava, you’ll have to report back and let us know how well it works, or rather how accurate it is. I’ve been researching but I just don’t know if it’s worth the $ this early in the TTC journey. I see a lot of celeberties in the advertisements, but I know they also get some kickback. It’s good to know how “normal” people like it. 

Post # 57
256 posts
Helper bee

nursebee22 :  I’m on there twice, my cycle had been so wonky that even my Ovia app is confused. Currently it is predicting I can test on 3/5, can I get moved? I’m currently at the 7th and 10th. I might move again once I actually get a positive OPK

Post # 58
5293 posts
Bee Keeper

CD6 here, bored out of my mind with this uneventful stage of the cycle. Argh, and I have a yeast infection! Fortunately was able to get fluconazole yesterday so I hope that nips it in the bud before my fertile window begins in a few days. Because I am going to be effing furious if a yeast infection gets in the way of BDing.

I had a productive wellness check with my new OBGYN yesterday. She took my concerns seriously about the “CP” I had last cycle, and agreed to run a few blood tests to check for things that could be contributing to recurrent pregnancy failures. So far my thyroid and anemia panels came back normal, which is good I guess. I have to decide if I want her to run additional tests at this point – she suggested testing for blood clotting and maybe an HSG to check the state of my uterus. Basically she doesn’t see an urgent need to do these tests now, but said she’d order them if I want….so I have to think about it and decide. In any event, it’s nice to be taken seriously by my doctor and to feel like I have her full attention! That was so not the case with my previous OBGYN, arghhh.

She also prescribed me progesterone suppositories to begin taking next time I get a BFP. We don’t know if I have low progesterone (she said she didn’t really see a point in testing my progesterone since the “normal” range is so wide), but she said there is no risk or downside to taking these suppositories so she’s happy to prescribe them. sooooo that’s where we’re at. 

In the meantime I’ve been taking COQ10, baby aspirin, and chugging RRL tea, so I really feel like I am doing all I can for now! Come on, BFP….reveal yourself!

Post # 59
256 posts
Helper bee

tiffanybruiser :  ha! CD8 here and also bored, waiting for something to happen (CM to be specific). Great news about your doc! Always positive to find a doc with good bedside manner and who actually listens. Most of my gyno-appt life I liked docs who moved fast and chatted minimally, the second we decided to TTC, I instantly changed practices, I knew I couldn’t deal with her short-ness during this journey. 

Post # 60
5293 posts
Bee Keeper

sunshineglam :  Yep, same. I never cared what type of OBGYN I had in the past because I just wanted to get in & out of there with a normal pap and my birth control rx! Those were the days, lol.

But the experience I’ve had with my former OB through my miscarriage and CP last cycle just put me over the edge – heinous. Everything about that practice is awful. From the rude and incompetent admins who answer the phone to the nurses (with one exception – there was one nurse there who was super compassionate and knowledgeable), to my OB herself…no one wanted to give me the time of day. When I met with my OB for my post MC appt, she didn’t even want to do a physical exam (I had to ask her to do it)…it just seemed like she couldn’t wait to get out of that room and onto her next patient. 

With the current practice it’s like night & day! Scheduling appts can be done online (at the other practice i’dd have to call and inevitably wait on hold for 25 min just to get through to someone); I can email my doctor directly; she was with me for a full hour between answering my questions and doing the exam – all just for a routine wellness check! It’s just such a relief.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors