(Closed) March Madness Weight Loss 2011

posted 7 years ago in March 2011
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’ll join! I need some more accountability for the last little bit I want to lose and tone. And of course rocking a bathing suit on our honeymoon adds some incentive too!

Post # 4
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Me too! I started yesterday. Healthy food and at least 3 miles a day and 3 resistance training/week for me!

Post # 5
541 posts
Busy bee

I’m in! I am really trying to tone and look fit more than anything. I started working out in July and I haven’t lost much weight. Maybe a few pounds. I have noticed my back fat is much less and my arms are toning up! I am not doing any type of extreme dieting though, just eating healthier. I started yoga a few weeks ago and that REALLY helps with the toning in the arms!

Post # 7
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@ThePinkTyrant: Thank you for the link. I am currently stuck, so I will try this and see how it goes πŸ™‚

Post # 8
454 posts
Helper bee

Wedding date twin!  I’m in!

I’ve been doing pilates 4-5 days a week for 30 min and monitoring my calorie intake via caloriecount.com.  I’m actually trying to lose weight, not just tone, but I’m all in for being and getting support for my fellow March bees!

Post # 9
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Woohoo! I just wanted to share a little bit of success for my fellow March Madness Ladies… started Monday, already lost 3 pounds as of this morning! πŸ™‚ cool! Hope I can keep this up, only 20 to go for me :O oh dear goodness…

Post # 13
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

month twins! i’m in! i have to start on monday i have TWO WEDDINGS this weekend to attend. lots of fooddddddddddd (:

Post # 15
454 posts
Helper bee

@ThePinkTyrant: Aww thanks.  I just hide it well. πŸ™‚  I’m actually a size 16.  I’ve yo-yo’d all my life with my weight.  I used caloriecount.com a couple of years ago and lost almost 40lbs, but then fell off the wagon and gained 25 back. I’ve lost about 10 again in the past couple of months but I seem to have hit a plateau.  So frustrating.  Though, to look at my body I still seem to see changes, so I’m trying to balance my success between what the scale is telling me and how I look/feel.  I’m  hoping maybe it’s just an issue of conversion from fat to muscle rather than a real plateau.

Current weight: 205 (Ouch)
Goal weight by March: 185 or lower

I’m doing a pilates video at home for at least 30min a day, 5 days a week.  I also try to get active in other ways and may start going to they gym agian too if I can’t kick this plateau soon.  I am hesitant to go to the gym, however.. not because I dislike it (I actually really love the elliptical) but because my FI goes to bed really early and if I go after work that means I’d miss dinner with him and only ever see him for about an hour before he goes to bed each night.  No fun. πŸ™

As for your question about caloriecount- PinkTyrant- it’s basically a free online food journal.  You enter in what your current weight is, your goal weight, and when you want to hit it by.  It spits out the number of calories you’re allowed per day and as long as you stick to that, you should lose.  A pound of fat is 3500 calories, so basically you want to cut out 500 calories per day each week from the calories (ie, energy) you’re eating so that there is a 500 calorie deficit between the energy your’e expending and what you’re eating.  You should never eat less than 1200cal a day if you’re a woman, so depending on the deficit, you may need to kick your activity level up in order to keep the 500 cal per day loss rate.  The website allows you to track both your food and activities each day so you know how you’re doing numbers-wise in real time, and then provides a nutritional analysis at the end of the day so you know how your did both numbers-wise and nutritionally.  (It provides a personal report based on your stats so you can see how you fared with calories, fat, carbs, protein, vitamins, sugars, etc… tailored for your stats and goals.)  They also have a message board community that you can turn to for support/advice/ideas.. kind of like weddingbee but all around weight loss! 

Anyway, that was kind of a long explanation, but let me know if you want more info! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Oops, sorry wrong thread! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘March Madness Weight Loss 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors